Derby #197: Royalty

tombs of the pharaohs

Those overlapping halftones are too complicated and small

Rejected because: Those overlapping halftones are too complicated and small

add a comment

Comments

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: tombs of the pharaohs


pretty sure i converted to halftones, but the interpolation i used to shrink the print-ready design to display size seems to be smooshing my dots. a rejection based on that would be disappointing but not totally surprising.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
no1 wrote:pretty sure i converted to halftones, but the interpolation i used to shrink the print-ready design to display size seems to be smooshing my dots. a rejection based on that would be disappointing but not totally surprising.


You might want to post a large image of the design showing the halftones in this thread, so the rejectorator can see that you attempted to do so...

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
SkekTek wrote:You might want to post a large image of the design showing the halftones in this thread, so the rejectorator can see that you attempted to do so...


looking at the zoom, those are awfully tiny dots! but it's what gimp made with "30 lpi" halftoning...



could also get dinged for overlapping dots...

CrescentDebris


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
no1 wrote:looking at the zoom, those are awfully tiny dots! but it's what gimp made with "30 lpi" halftoning...


Make sure your image is set for 300dpi 4800x6000 max. (You can change the dpi it at anytime under "Image > Scale")

Input SPI: 300
Output LPI 30
Cell Size: 10

If you do your work at 150dpi 2400x3000

Input SPI: 150
Output LPI: 15
Cell Size: 10

If this is 100% zoom then you may be at 150dpi and did 30 LPI.

Also, not sure about the latest version of GIMP but in 2.4 (which is what I use), changing the Output LPI doesn't ever seem to update the preview window. I always have to bump the cell size for it to change.

Anyway, at 100% it should look more like the right.


no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
CrescentDebris wrote:Make sure your image is set for 300dpi 4800x6000 max. (You can change the dpi it at anytime under "Image > Scale")

Input SPI: 300
Output LPI 30
Cell Size: 10

If you do your work at 150dpi 2400x3000

Input SPI: 150
Output LPI: 15
Cell Size: 10

If this is 100% zoom then you may be at 150dpi and did 30 LPI.

Also, not sure about the latest version of GIMP but in 2.4 (which is what I use), changing the Output LPI doesn't ever seem to update the preview window. I always have to bump the cell size for it to change.

Anyway, at 100% it should look more like the right.


hmm, thanks a bunch, i'll try to check/use these settings next time!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail