Derby #198: Shirt Titles Reinterpreted
+633

Inspired by Flora and Phonograph

Inspired by Flora and Phonograph
add a comment

Comments

ChronoSquall14


quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Stunning.

lovepuff


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lovepuff
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


Oh, how I would absolutely love to see this print... but I'm losing faith in the shirt.woot community, so I doubt anything as artistic as this will win over the cutesy stuff.

Good luck to you! I'll certainly be buying this one if you do happen to win!

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


It's damn hard to improve on a V&V design, but this is still a worthy and quite nice take on it.

PixelPants


quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


This is a great take on the idea littleclyde. Lovely silvery blue shades and effective textures.

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


I SO hope this shirt wins...I will order for sure if it does! Even if I forget to check and miss the 1 day deal, I would pay $15 for this print no problem! =P

SnowQueenVT


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


I think the textures are beautiful and the unravelling record is a very unique idea.Perfect execution of the record coils.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

britika


quality posts: 0 Private Messages britika

I simply adore this. It is beautifully done without feeling too overworked. Love it!!

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


Ohhh, I really like the look and feel of this design... I did think the little spider on the right was a tiny crab at first but that doesn't hurt anything. =D

toby8915


quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


artistic and very wearable. nice.

blk909


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
DianaSprinkle wrote:I did think the little spider on the right was a tiny crab at first but that doesn't hurt anything. =D


I'd have to use a permanent marker to get rid of the spider.

stagpole1928


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stagpole1928

Wow. This is an amazing image. I would love to have this on a shirt.

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


I will buy a million of these. Probably just one actually, but I will definitely buy it if it prints.

PixelPotato


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


GMV. Wearable and very enjoyable to look at.

kushalm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kushalm
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


I don't know why but I just feel this tee would look a lot better if the design placement was off centre...maybe a little smaller and moved to the top right



frantina


quality posts: 0 Private Messages frantina
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


I'm not 100% sold on the wood texture in the middle... but I like everything else. Looks really great on a tshirt.

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
kushalm wrote:I don't know why but I just feel this tee would look a lot better if the design placement was off centre...maybe a little smaller and moved to the top right


You know, there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on...a little itch in the back of my mind that said "despite it's awesomeness, something is bothering me about this design."

You nailed it.

It's probably way too late for a resub though, no? And I still want one, as-is, anyway...maybe more than one so I don't feel bad wearing it (like I might wreck it). It's still such an incredible design even without being off-centered...

Lish64


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lish64
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


Cool design, I like the texture you used too!

ya2sabes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes
lovepuff wrote:Oh, how I would absolutely love to see this print... but I'm losing faith in the shirt.woot community, so I doubt anything as artistic as this will win over the cutesy stuff.

Good luck to you! I'll certainly be buying this one if you do happen to win!


Truth.

littleclyde


quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
laggyg wrote:You know, there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on...a little itch in the back of my mind that said "despite it's awesomeness, something is bothering me about this design."

You nailed it.

It's probably way too late for a resub though, no? And I still want one, as-is, anyway...maybe more than one so I don't feel bad wearing it (like I might wreck it). It's still such an incredible design even without being off-centered...


I actually tried a side placement first, but it just didn't look right. The smack center print really did look better with the roundness of the record. Subjective, I guess. But I'm glad you like it anyway!

Tirocupidus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tirocupidus

This really is stunning. The only design with my vote this week.

jnorah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnorah
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


Love this it is a great design, the wood texture and the ridges as vines really make your piece stand out, very thoughtful execution.

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
littleclyde wrote:I actually tried a side placement first, but it just didn't look right. The smack center print really did look better with the roundness of the record. Subjective, I guess. But I'm glad you like it anyway!


Ahh, I see. Well, as I said in my very 1st post, this is one I would ABSOLUTELY order, even if I somehow miss the day it goes up (or it's sold out by the time I check since it's so damned cool!). Best of luck! =)

ahmedzainal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahmedzainal
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


Wow! Beautiful!

Rgds,
http://about.me/ahmedzainal

balthy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages balthy

This is gorgeous, love the aesthetic. If it doesn't go up tomorrow (and we get yet another "cute cartoon animal does a thing") I will be legit sad.


sethbxc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethbxc
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


You really need to resub this design somewhere (if possible). It's just way too good to not get printed on a shirt.

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


I am UNBELIEVABLY dissapointed that this did not print =(

If it goes up on a different site and there's any way you could PM me or something so I know, I would love to buy one!

msumdragon17


quality posts: 1 Private Messages msumdragon17
laggyg wrote:I am UNBELIEVABLY dissapointed that this did not print =(

If it goes up on a different site and there's any way you could PM me or something so I know, I would love to buy one!


I second this... I NEED this shirt one way or another.

alfreda89


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfreda89

I love this -- the first gorgeous tee shirt in colors I could wear. Keep designing!


Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph

casenightmaregreen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages casenightmaregreen
Re: Inspired by Flora and Phonograph


If this ever gets printed elsewhere, please let me know!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail