Derby #199: Cyberpunk
+193

Built to Last

Built to Last
add a comment

Comments

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Built to Last


Nice work! Unfortunately, the VW corp is not cool with people using their signature "bug" in just about any way so this will probably be rejected.


mrsjamie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsjamie
Re: Built to Last


I like this, but should the "jets" be angled in a way that it could actually be moving? if going up they should be angled down, but they appear to be pressing the car in on itself.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: Built to Last


Konichiwa,

It says, "Crazy Asian Taxi-Driver" on the door, did you know that? You people slay me! Anything oriental is cool, I don't care what it really means!

Hahahaaheee!

2effin-Funny!
BlindDog3D

guategeek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages guategeek
mrsjamie wrote:I like this, but should the "jets" be angled in a way that it could actually be moving? if going up they should be angled down, but they appear to be pressing the car in on itself.


The glifs on the side are for "taxi" and the idea is that he is waiting for a fair. But yah putting both jets the same way would give it a nice feeling of motion.

G2 - (Guategeek)

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
guategeek wrote:The text on the side says "taxi" and the idea is that he is waiting for a fair. But yah putting both jets the same way would give it a nice feeling of motion.


Ooh, no text!
BlindDog3D

logicbocks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages logicbocks

Make it Taxi Yellow with black and white checkered stripe. Put the Taxi sign on top of the car.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
guategeek wrote:The glifs on the side are for "taxi" and the idea is that he is waiting for a fair. But yah putting both jets the same way would give it a nice feeling of motion.


Those aren't "glyphs" my friend, that is kanji. Kanji is text. I got 86'd for them in a "No Text Derby" with my little robots.

You did not "create" those "glyphs" on your modified Volkswagon Beetle. Is there anyone awake at Woot?!!! Hello!

BlindDog3D

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
blinddog3d wrote:Those aren't "glyphs" my friend, that is kanji. Kanji is text. I got 86'd for them in a "No Text Derby" with my little robots.

You did not "create" those "glyphs" on your modified Volkswagon Beetle. Is there anyone awake at Woot?!!! Hello!

BlindDog3D


Incidental text is allowed this time, so it should pass.

move along

guategeek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages guategeek
blinddog3d wrote:Those aren't "glyphs" my friend, that is kanji. Kanji is text. I got 86'd for them in a "No Text Derby" with my little robots.

You did not "create" those "glyphs" on your modified Volkswagon Beetle. Is there anyone awake at Woot?!!! Hello!

BlindDog3D


Ha ha, well glyphs or text ether way they mean taxi and the rules say "Incidental text only" which I would asume this fits with. Not that I'm really sure what Incidental means, but my assumption was it would fit. If woot doesn't agree then I'll have to re-add it without that. But the fact that it hasn't been rejected seams I might be right.

G2 - (Guategeek)

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
guategeek wrote:Ha ha, well glyphs or text ether way they mean taxi and the rules say "Incidental text only" which I would asume this fits with. Not that I'm really sure what Incidental means, but my assumption was it would fit. If woot doesn't agree then I'll have to re-add it without that. But the fact that it hasn't been rejected seams I might be right.


It would seem that way, as baffled as I am, you just might be right. If it flys, it flys. Best of luck to ya. It's doing very well! Keep your fingers crossed!

B1indDog3D

Gesani


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gesani
Re: Built to Last


A few things come to mind when i look at this shirt.. the frst one is WANT! Another one is GMV and finally, this needs to win so i can have it overnight and wear it to the next VolkswagEn show i will be attending..

chennai8


quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
guategeek wrote:Ha ha, well glyphs or text ether way they mean taxi and the rules say "Incidental text only" which I would asume this fits with. Not that I'm really sure what Incidental means, but my assumption was it would fit. If woot doesn't agree then I'll have to re-add it without that. But the fact that it hasn't been rejected seams I might be right.


Incidental text means, "the design should make sense even if you remove the text". So, i think you're fine.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

thatrobert


quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Built to Last




  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • There is no escape from the slave catcher's songs.


dorkabunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorkabunny
blinddog3d wrote:Those aren't "glyphs" my friend, that is kanji. Kanji is text. I got 86'd for them in a "No Text Derby" with my little robots.

You did not "create" those "glyphs" on your modified Volkswagon Beetle. Is there anyone awake at Woot?!!! Hello!

BlindDog3D


it's a moot point, but i'd like to point out that the text is in chinese, not japanese. taxi in japanese is simply "takushii." there is no kanji for taxi.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
dorkabunny wrote:it's a moot point, but i'd like to point out that the text is in chinese, not japanese. taxi in japanese is simply "takushii." there is no kanji for taxi.


You are correct, as I said before, it would be in Katakana (a phonetic rep of borrowed words), but many Japanese and Chinese sybols are the similar.

I was mainly trying to be funny and get this rejected because I considered it "competition" (just as many were doing to my entry). But, the point it moot because it was allowed all over the place.

I relinquished my stand on the kanji (even though it's chinese) and gave him a vote after it was apparent that mine was only going "so far," because he deserved to do as well as he could on a maiden voyage.

Thank you for the clarification for my own edification, Dorkabunny!

BlindDog3D

loaba


quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

If this can get in for the win, I'm in for two. Am I the only one thinking Akira? I haven't been this excited by a shirt in a long time.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail