Derby #201: Double-Take Derby 13
+239

Mirai

add a comment

Comments

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Mirai


Mirai

I know it got an honorable mention, but it printed...Seems a little weird to have it in contention here.

Or is that just me?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

glorinmann


quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Re: Mirai



Huh ? Why is this one competing in this Double-Take derby ? I know it was available only for a short time, but it already printed here, right ?

(Not that I really mind, I'm just curious)

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Mirai


Woot had already given this entry and honorable mention before they decided to print it at the last moment. It's here to participate but I doubt it will make a second print run ^_~.

Also, I've made what I believe is the correct donation amount today. The shirt sold 518, and earned a $2 commission per shirt sold. The total amount ($1,036) was donated to the Red Cross for the Japan Quake relief effort.

Receipt of donation

Thanks to everyone involved for making this possible. <3

avidan111


quality posts: 1 Private Messages avidan111
Re: Mirai


Please please please please win! iv been needing an xl of this for so long! vote ppl! vote! lol

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
bassanimation wrote:Woot had already given this entry and honorable mention before they decided to print it at the last moment. It's here to participate but I doubt it will make a second print run ^_~.

Also, I've made what I believe is the correct donation amount today. The shirt sold 518, and earned a $2 commission per shirt sold. The total amount ($1,036) was donated to the Red Cross for the Japan Quake relief effort.

Receipt of donation

Thanks to everyone involved for making this possible. <3


As a note, no criticism to you, bass. I just don't get why this is in the running since it did print. Seems strange.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

emailsteven


quality posts: 0 Private Messages emailsteven
bassanimation wrote:Also, I've made what I believe is the correct donation amount today. The shirt sold 518, and earned a $2 commission per shirt sold. The total amount ($1,036) was donated to the Red Cross for the Japan Quake relief effort.

Receipt of donation

Thanks to everyone involved for making this possible. <3


2 thumbs up, Bass!

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Mavyn wrote:As a note, no criticism to you, bass. I just don't get why this is in the running since it did print. Seems strange.


As bass said, Travis explained that the HM's were assigned first. Some time after that as a spur of the moment thing, they decided to do a special print run.

They didn't think it was fair to eliminate it from the double take because it was not given a full print run. It was a special side print and therefore not eligible for the reckoning.

I really don't see any problem with woot's inclusion of the design in the double take and a certainly don't see anything wrong with bass keeping it in the running. She went above and beyond with this design which is really commendable.

blk909


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Mirai


So awesome, and they only printed it for a very short time. I'd like to send it to my friends in Japan. Please vote for this one.

blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Mavyn wrote:Mirai

I know it got an honorable mention, but it printed...Seems a little weird to have it in contention here.

Or is that just me?


was wondering the same thing, there are several entries that have been woots, what gives?
BlindDog3D

kophia


quality posts: 10 Private Messages kophia
Re: Mirai


This printed nicely.
When I wear it in Japan, I get compliments and then amazement that the shirt designer donated her commission to the Japan Red Cross.

I find it highly commendable that someone who was inspired by anime to be moved to helping Japan when it needs it most. To me that shows the artist has a good character.

I bought 1 extra, so if it does not print, perhaps I will have a new one available for trade or something.

vorteks


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vorteks
Re: Mirai


This is the first time I've ever voted for a shirt I already have. But hey, voted. And yes, I will buy another one if it prints.

shiva4921


quality posts: 2 Private Messages shiva4921
vorteks wrote:This is the first time I've ever voted for a shirt I already have. But hey, voted. And yes, I will buy another one if it prints.


despite shirt.woots are awesome quality, it is amazing how quickly it one can wear out a shirt when it is this awesome. :D

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
mrwednesday wrote:As bass said, Travis explained that the HM's were assigned first. Some time after that as a spur of the moment thing, they decided to do a special print run.

They didn't think it was fair to eliminate it from the double take because it was not given a full print run. It was a special side print and therefore not eligible for the reckoning.

I really don't see any problem with woot's inclusion of the design in the double take and a certainly don't see anything wrong with bass keeping it in the running. She went above and beyond with this design which is really commendable.


^^ This

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Mirai


Thank you so much for returning to support this design, everyone. Im super happy it was able to fulfill it's purpose earlier in the year, and that is all I can ask for. ^_^

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail