Derby #202: Anthropomorphic Food
+747

Comparing Apples to Oranges

Comparing Apples to Oranges
add a comment

Comments

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

These fruit don't get it.

Thanks for the enthusiastic comments in the pre-derby thread! I wasn't even sure if I was going to enter it until those, so I appreciate it.

grypes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes

studio1172


quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


*chuckle*

Awesome!

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 258 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


Ahhh, you make it look so simple to create great, popular tees, jas'.

paigeg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


Wow, apparently the pre-derby folks know their stuff. Fog on!

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


I'd be shocked if this didn't print. Simple, straightforward and the colors look excellent.

heartflux


quality posts: 5 Private Messages heartflux
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


+1!

I woot, therefore I am.

smklung


quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


WHEN this prints i shall purchase it.

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments everyone. I definitely wasn't expecting this to do so well - it staying in the fog has been a very pleasant surprise!

qwasdfz


quality posts: 4 Private Messages qwasdfz
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


So simple, so great, so elegant, but that phrase has died. Sorry but i can't buy it because no one i know "compares apples to oranges" anymore. +1 anyway.

lonelypond


quality posts: 642 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


ha! simple, colorful, fun...

LadyofRohan2995


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995

contemporaryscarlett


quality posts: 0 Private Messages contemporaryscarlett
qwasdfz wrote:So simple, so great, so elegant, but that phrase has died. Sorry but i can't buy it because no one i know "compares apples to oranges" anymore. +1 anyway.


Really? I still hear it fairly regularly in corporate America. Though I know I'm older than the average Wooter.

scekk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scekk
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


While my husband has been buying things off of Woot for a while now, I'm relatively new to it and have just started getting interested in the T-Shirt design aspect of that...so, maybe my opinion doesn't matter that much...

...however, I think this one may be my favorite shirt design in this derby, which is saying something because I think this derby produced some of the best designs in a while. This one, though, is so simple yet so clever. I think I might get one if/when it prints.

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


Thanks everyone for the support! This was a very unexpected stay in the fog!

qwasdfz wrote:So simple, so great, so elegant, but that phrase has died. Sorry but i can't buy it because no one i know "compares apples to oranges" anymore. +1 anyway.
Probably just depends on who you're talking to if you hear it or not But anyway, thank you for the kind comments about the design!

lonelypond wrote:ha! simple, colorful, fun...
Thanks lonelypond!

LadyofRohan2995 wrote:Brilliant!

Thank you LadyofRohan!

contemporaryscarlett wrote:Really? I still hear it fairly regularly in corporate America. Though I know I'm older than the average Wooter.
Heh, yes, probably just depends on the crowd.

scekk wrote:While my husband has been buying things off of Woot for a while now, I'm relatively new to it and have just started getting interested in the T-Shirt design aspect of that...so, maybe my opinion doesn't matter that much...

...however, I think this one may be my favorite shirt design in this derby, which is saying something because I think this derby produced some of the best designs in a while. This one, though, is so simple yet so clever. I think I might get one if/when it prints.
Aw, I really appreciate that scekk, what a nice comment!!

wootertim


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootertim
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges


I am surprised this shirt didn't make it into the top 3 :-(

randoman00


quality posts: 2 Private Messages randoman00

I need this shirt. I don't know why it calls to me. Maybe i feel like the orange in an apple world.

jasneko


quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

wootertim wrote:I am surprised this shirt didn't make it into the top 3 :-(


randoman00 wrote:I need this shirt. I don't know why it calls to me. Maybe i feel like the orange in an apple world.


Aw thank you wootertim and randoman00. Good news - it got an Honorable Mention, which means it will get a second chance to print in the next Double Take Derby!

jmig


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig

socarazy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages socarazy
I LOVE it! I'd definitely buy/wear this.

Re: Comparing Apples to Oranges

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.