Derby #203: Red
+317

It Was Them All Along

It Was Them All Along
add a comment

Comments

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: It Was Them All Along


Diabolical rabbits, loosely based on "99 red balloons". It is loosely based because I couldn't draw 99 balloons. Also, the song does not mention bunnies, but they could have been there...plotting the whole thing.

Yes it is a cute bunny design. I own cute bunnies so I can make these kind of things.

Any feedback would be great, especially while there is still time to make changes!

citizencoyote


quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: It Was Them All Along


I like how the lead rabbit looks so smug and self-satisfied.

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
citizencoyote wrote:I like how the lead rabbit looks so smug and self-satisfied.


thank you! i was going for that look. he is a meanie.

bellarific


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: It Was Them All Along


Well, I gotta upvote someone who ran off on the same tangent I did.

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
bellarific wrote:Well, I gotta upvote someone who ran off on the same tangent I did.


aww thanks by the way, i love your link to your website there. I'm just about finished with my site and I was gonna make something similar! Maybe you are my doppelganger.

JesseBYAH


quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: It Was Them All Along


Awesome! I have a cute bunny too so I'm allowed to like cute bunnies This is adorable and a little evil (kinda like bunnies). The composition is also very pleasing. Well done!

catoosie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages catoosie

I reallllllly hope this wins- it's hiLARIOUS I'd love to wear that and people would be like 'WHAT?!'

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
catoosie wrote:I reallllllly hope this wins- it's hiLARIOUS I'd love to wear that and people would be like 'WHAT?!'


Thank you and everyone for liking mah bunnies. Please continue to like them if you'd like.

wubupon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wubupon
Re: It Was Them All Along


I was always suspicious, but now this just proves it!

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: It Was Them All Along


bunnies that are cute, sinister, and anatomically accurate = gmv

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
xazothia wrote:bunnies that are cute, sinister, and anatomically accurate = gmv


Oh thank you, I have lots of experience looking at sinister bunnies because I have them, and they kick me.

*double checks to make sure bunnies aren't TOO anatomically accurate* Hey you never know, drawing accidents happen like that.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: It Was Them All Along


I love this one. It's so... random.


ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
BootsBoots wrote:I love this one. It's so... random.


Yes, thank you! I love randomness, and I love your work too!

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
ochopika wrote:Oh thank you, I have lots of experience looking at sinister bunnies because I have them, and they kick me.

*double checks to make sure bunnies aren't TOO anatomically accurate* Hey you never know, drawing accidents happen like that.


"I have them, and they kick me."...hahahahahahooooo boy! I don't think I've laughed so hard at a post here before...my dog just ran into my room and is looking at me as if to say "Dude...are you alright!? Do we need to call the people with the nice white jackets and padded rooms to come get you?" I had a rabbit growing up, and I can totally sympathize! What a little &!#@% she was...

On a related note, I played a game called Unbound Saga last night, and the opening scene made me think of your design (in the pre-derby thread where I saw it last...haven't been on here in a few days). I think you should be able to figure out why it reminded me of you in the first 10-15 seconds of the clip =P

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
laggyg wrote:"I have them, and they kick me."...hahahahahahooooo boy! I don't think I've laughed so hard at a post here before...my dog just ran into my room and is looking at me as if to say "Dude...are you alright!? Do we need to call the people with the nice white jackets and padded rooms to come get you?" I had a rabbit growing up, and I can totally sympathize! What a little &!#@% she was...

On a related note, I played a game called Unbound Saga last night, and the opening scene made me think of your design (in the pre-derby thread where I saw it last...haven't been on here in a few days). I think you should be able to figure out why it reminded me of you in the first 10-15 seconds of the clip =P


Lolololol! How great. That looks like an interesting game.

Rabbits are cute, but they are kinda dumb and pretty moody, and I've been around a lot of different ones. I still love them though!

On the topic of this derby, I had this idea too late, though I did sketch it out anyway: A Canadian Matador, he's waving a red plaid shirt at a bull moose.

jmig


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmig
Re: It Was Them All Along


I love this shirt!!!! Vote for the bunnies. I want this shirt!!!!

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
jmig wrote:I love this shirt!!!! Vote for the bunnies. I want this shirt!!!!


Yea me too! oh... wait, I don't look good in red.

Thanks for the support and the enthusiasm

Bandrik


quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
Re: It Was Them All Along


I like the concept, but I can't vote for anything with rabbits out of principle. Though if you had something else, like butterflies, I would have loved it.

Kind of like Bart Simpson. Because nobody expects the butterfly...

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Bandrik wrote:I like the concept, but I can't vote for anything with rabbits out of principle. Though if you had something else, like butterflies, I would have loved it.

Kind of like Bart Simpson. Because nobody expects the butterfly...


Hah! I knew there was a cute bunny stigma for some people on this site, but I've always drawn bunnies even before I found Woot, so thats just what I went for this time. I understand the aversion to them so I don't blame you.

Butterflies carrying little red bombs would have also been good

rnma100


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnma100
Re: It Was Them All Along


Love it, hope it prints! And if someone asks about the shirt, the title is all you need to answer!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail