Derby #204: I ❤ Books!
+181

American Heritage

American Heritage
add a comment

Comments

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: American Heritage


However you feel about it, this is a design inspired by the recent revisionist attacks on Mark Twain’s Huck Finn and their desire to expunge all racial slurs within. This is not the first time people want to revise or censor American Literature. Such is our American heritage hence the name.

Here's a link to a larger jpeg of the design for review

taylertot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylertot
Re: American Heritage


Oh, what's that? Yeah, you just got my vote...

cdrewlow


quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: American Heritage


I love your concept for this. I'm definitely in.

mattcom


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Re: American Heritage


I like it =)

Sure, the subject matter is a bit heady (lol, see what i did there?! AMAZING) but the message behind it is important. +1

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: American Heritage


Thanks you three! I appreciate the support.

samnielsen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samnielsen
midgerock wrote:Thanks you three! I appreciate the support.


LOVE IT!!!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
midgerock wrote:However you feel about it, this is a design inspired by the recent revisionist attacks on Mark Twain’s Huck Finn and their desire to expunge all racial slurs within. This is not the first time people want to revise or censor American Literature. Such is our American heritage hence the name.

Here's a link to a larger jpeg of the design for review


Though to be fair, there's really only one way to feel about it.

lilwulfe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilwulfe
Re: American Heritage


Midgerock, I love you. This is made of Win, coated and deep fried in Epic. Thank you! WILL buy when it prints!

HarryBalzakk


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HarryBalzakk
AdderXYU wrote:Though to be fair, there's really only one way to feel about it.


Exactly.

ccazabon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccazabon
AdderXYU wrote:Though to be fair, there's really only one way to feel about it.


HarryBalzakk wrote:Exactly.


really? I want to know what the only way to feel about a topic is.


I like this design, it definitely makes a statement...even if we aren't allowed to know it ;)

theindifferentone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theindifferentone
Re: American Heritage


Make it, make it, make it!

Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
ccazabon wrote:really? I want to know what the only way to feel about a topic is.


Revising literature to make it PC friendly for today's society is wrong. It should not be done under any circumstances, ever!*

*This is the only way to feel about this topic. Now you know.

thatrobert


quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: American Heritage




  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • From the summer to the spring, from the mountain to the air, from Samaritan to sin, and it's waiting on the air.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail