Derby #205: Mexico
+113

TMNT- A Killer Combination

TMNT- A Killer Combination
add a comment

Comments

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination


Taco, Margarita, Nacho, Tamal, a killer combination if there ever was one.





TheCrazyCapn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrazyCapn
Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination


In Mexico, all turtles are Rafael...

scottwaller2k


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k
TheCrazyCapn wrote:In Mexico, all turtles are Rafael...


Yeah, anyway we could get the proper colors for Donatello, Michaelangelo, and (blue one that's name has slipped my mind)?

Cylara


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cylara
scottwaller2k wrote:Yeah, anyway we could get the proper colors for Donatello, Michaelangelo, and (blue one that's name has slipped my mind)?


Maybe he was going for the original comic, where they all wore red because...well..they were one clan? They changed the colors for the cartoon, I was told because they didn't think kids were smart enough to tell the difference between the characters otherwise.

The cartoons and movies are definitely more well known, so I admit I see your point. It's just the word "proper" that I really have an issue with in your post.

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Cylara wrote:Maybe he was going for the original comic, where they all wore red because...well..they were one clan? They changed the colors for the cartoon, I was told because they didn't think kids were smart enough to tell the difference between the characters otherwise.

The cartoons and movies are definitely more well known, so I admit I see your point. It's just the word "proper" that I really have an issue with in your post.


exactly. The original comics were great, the cartoon was Sirius GPP as hell.





blinddog3d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages blinddog3d
Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination


Yeah, they all had different colors in the

*VIDEO GAMES*...

15 video games
in the TMNT video game franchise, to be exact. This may get the axe, good luck with that...

Love your movie deal with DraxXx!

BlindDog3d

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination


hahahahaha! yepa yepa!! Me encanta!

Felicidades amigo


+1

endangeredomega


quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Cylara wrote:Maybe he was going for the original comic, where they all wore red because...well..they were one clan? They changed the colors for the cartoon, I was told because they didn't think kids were smart enough to tell the difference between the characters otherwise.

The cartoons and movies are definitely more well known, so I admit I see your point. It's just the word "proper" that I really have an issue with in your post.



QFT. Also, there's no rule that states pop-culture references are required to be 'smack-you-over-the-head-with-a-clue-by-four' obvious. IMHO, some of the best trend more towards subtle.

greystone9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
odysseyroc wrote:exactly. The original comics were great, the cartoon was Sirius GPP as hell.


And yet, you choose an image from the new comics where they are in their 30s, one changes into a dinosaur and Splinter dies reaching for milk. :P

But the *original* comics were great.

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
greystone9 wrote:And yet, you choose an image from the new comics where they are in their 30s, one changes into a dinosaur and Splinter dies reaching for milk. :P

But the *original* comics were great.


I liked the art better on this than the original comics. I basically just put it up to show that the comic ones were all red.





greystone9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greystone9
odysseyroc wrote:I liked the art better on this than the original comics. I basically just put it up to show that the comic ones were all red.


Yeah, some of the really early stuff was...iffy artistically.

scottwaller2k


quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottwaller2k
Cylara wrote:Maybe he was going for the original comic, where they all wore red because...well..they were one clan? They changed the colors for the cartoon, I was told because they didn't think kids were smart enough to tell the difference between the characters otherwise.

The cartoons and movies are definitely more well known, so I admit I see your point. It's just the word "proper" that I really have an issue with in your post.


I grew up in the 80's-90's and only ever knew the cartoon. My apologies.

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

almsforoblivion


quality posts: 8 Private Messages almsforoblivion
Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination


Good job picking foods that fit the acronym!

{{volmod edit: it is inappropriate to advertise your derby subs within your comments. Advertising for derby entries belongs within your signature, not your comments. To place your derby entry ad within your signature, follow these directions.}}

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: TMNT- A Killer Combination


I think it would have been better if you had used 4 foods that started with T, to keep the tmnT going. Actually, if you called the nacho tortilla chip and changed the margarita to a tequila shot, that woulda covered it.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail