Derby #217: Hipster Animals
+184

right as rain

right as rain
add a comment

Comments

rasabi


quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: right as rain


Too good for their umbrella. Too good for the world.

I chose long necked animals to maximize snootiness.

6 colors on brown.

walmazan


quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: right as rain


i love it and incredible colors!

reganrabbit


quality posts: 1 Private Messages reganrabbit
rasabi wrote:Too good for their umbrella. Too good for the world.

I chose long necked animals to maximize snootiness.

6 colors on brown.


loving the colors, the style... and now that I read your "Too good for the world" I love it even more! GMV!

kinzoku


quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: right as rain


I would buy this. I hope it wins!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: right as rain


Great colors and patterns. It makes for a really interesting design.


PixelPotato


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PixelPotato
Re: right as rain


GMV. The colors are awesome- I'd definitely wear this.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: right as rain


This is an extremely appealing design. It has a real mod flair to it, which is kind of cool, cause a lot of hipsters love the mod. Great work! +1!!

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: right as rain


Long live the Long necks. Lol

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: right as rain


Wow. Just wow. Nicely done, wearable design, great patterns and colors. GMV.

rasabi


quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: right as rain


Thanks for all the comments guys! I was a little unsure about the style going into it, but was pleased with the results.

Also: thank you to the bootsboots for making her shirt template available. It is the best.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: right as rain


This is just in-general-lovely

missmelis


quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
Re: right as rain


Oh wow, I adore this. I love the colors. I love the animals' tone-on-tone plaids going in different directions. I love the fact that it doesn't scream "hipster" until you look at the details (the dinosaur's mustache, the giraffe's extra scarf). And I LOVE that there's a llama* on it! Nice change from all the sheep shirts (even though I like some of those too).

* I guess it might be an alpaca? It'd be hard to tell them apart in this graphic style.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

rasabi


quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
missmelis wrote:Oh wow, I adore this. I love the colors. I love the animals' tone-on-tone plaids going in different directions. I love the fact that it doesn't scream "hipster" until you look at the details (the dinosaur's mustache, the giraffe's extra scarf). And I LOVE that there's a llama* on it! Nice change from all the sheep shirts (even though I like some of those too).

* I guess it might be an alpaca? It'd be hard to tell them apart in this graphic style.


I actually considered both when I was making it if you can believe it... I intended it to be a llama though, because it seemed like they had longer necks. When I was looking at comparison photos it didn't look like there would be much to distinguish them in this case.

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: right as rain


Oh I love this! Didn't have time to check the Derby much this week and only saw this now. Too bad it's not going to print here. It's gorgeous and so interesting to look at.

missmelis


quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
rasabi wrote:I actually considered both when I was making it if you can believe it... I intended it to be a llama though, because it seemed like they had longer necks. When I was looking at comparison photos it didn't look like there would be much to distinguish them in this case.


Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Not knocking your style at all - just wanted to clarify that in real life, I think I would be able to tell a llama apart from an alpaca more easily. :-)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail