Derby #238: Kitties!
+253

Snowy Footprints

Snowy Footprints
add a comment

Comments

cpresti


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: Snowy Footprints


A black cat in the snow!

Check out my Food design please!

kaelynangelfoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaelynangelfoot
Re: Snowy Footprints


I really like it but I'm having issues resolving what exactly the cat is hiding behind. At first I thought it was a curtain and then I couldn't figure out why there was a curtain next to a lamp post.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Snowy Footprints


I believe he's in Narnia!

cpresti


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
kaelynangelfoot wrote:I really like it but I'm having issues resolving what exactly the cat is hiding behind. At first I thought it was a curtain and then I couldn't figure out why there was a curtain next to a lamp post.


Lol They're trees. Theres grass and snow and foot prints in the snow. We're outside!

Check out my Food design please!

snickelish


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snickelish

I wish I wish I wish that it had been Aslan instead of a black cat. Even just big lion-size footprints would have been perfect.

msgmissy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages msgmissy
cpresti wrote:Lol They're trees. Theres grass and snow and foot prints in the snow. We're outside!


The design's lovely, but I saw a curtain too; I don't get the feeling that the design is outside, but rather on a theatre's stage.

The two trees on the left side of your design are much more defined given their separation (although, they still look rather flat). The rest, either need some separation, or the shading of the trees needs to be more intense and carried all the way up the trees (and not just at its base). Perhaps, even add some low, bare limbs to imply that those are indeed trees and not a curtain.

With all of the above stated, I love the concept - much different that the rest and being strictly black and white gives it a nice classic feel to it.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Snowy Footprints


As others have said, the background 'curtain' seems inconsistent with the snowy outdoor environment and streetlamp. The small clumps of grass near the base of the curtain also don't fit - not with an indoor theater, nor with a urban city sidewalk.

The art and concept are beautiful, elegant and far superior to most other entries - and with a definite and more polished setting and background, I think this would be a winner.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

dfunk29


quality posts: 50 Private Messages dfunk29
fairnymph wrote:As others have said, the background 'curtain' seems inconsistent with the snowy outdoor environment and streetlamp. The small clumps of grass near the base of the curtain also don't fit - not with an indoor theater, nor with a urban city sidewalk.

The art and concept are beautiful, elegant and far superior to most other entries - and with a definite and more polished setting and background, I think this would be a winner.


Did you see the resub that was entered almost right away after the original? It's much more realistic. The "curtain", I guess, was supposed to represent trees. So there's a much more literal one resubmitted. I really like it.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail