Derby #245: Poetry Illustrated
+251

Where The Sidewalk Ends

Where The Sidewalk Ends
add a comment

Comments

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Where The Sidewalk Ends


Shel Silverstein - Where the sidewalk ends
There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.

Vote it, Love it, Comment on it...

rogue8402


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: Where The Sidewalk Ends


Yes! Must have! <3

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Where The Sidewalk Ends


I really like the modifications you made to the original design.

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
omarfeliciano wrote:I really like the modifications you made to the original design.


Thank you!

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
rogue8402 wrote:Yes! Must have! <3


I hope you get your wish! Thanks!

VenusAD


quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Where The Sidewalk Ends


Between this and the other depicting this (incredibly awesome) poem, I actually like your line work better, but what's holding me back is the coloring. Maybe it's my monitor, but that very vibrant red makes the scene look forboding to me, rather than the happy and wonderful place that silverstein describes.

Kind of a bummer, cause I feel that's the only thing keeping it from my finding it totally awesome and wanting it desperately.

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
VenusAD wrote:Between this and the other depicting this (incredibly awesome) poem, I actually like your line work better, but what's holding me back is the coloring. Maybe it's my monitor, but that very vibrant red makes the scene look forboding to me, rather than the happy and wonderful place that silverstein describes.

Kind of a bummer, cause I feel that's the only thing keeping it from my finding it totally awesome and wanting it desperately.


That is a very good point that I didn't think about. I was trying to make the sky crimson but maybe made it a little to blood red.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

rekayo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rekayo
Re: Where The Sidewalk Ends


I like the uncertainty this evokes. Silverstein doesn't say that past the sidewalk is good our bad. It's an adventure.

expo01


quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Where The Sidewalk Ends



Love it! +1

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
rekayo wrote:I like the uncertainty this evokes. Silverstein doesn't say that past the sidewalk is good our bad. It's an adventure.


Thanks!

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
expo01 wrote:Love it! +1


Thank you!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail