Derby #256: Lost in a Good Book

Let your imagination run wild

Looks great, but we unfortunately can't do it.

Rejected because: Looks great, but we unfortunately can't do it.

add a comment

Comments

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Let your imagination run wild


I really should have been doing work instead of this entry, but I couldn't resist- I wanted to go for a storybook kind of feel with the design and colors, hope you guys like it

Riverwych


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riverwych
ramyb wrote:I really should have been doing work instead of this entry, but I couldn't resist- I wanted to go for a storybook kind of feel with the design and colors, hope you guys like it


I love it. Nice tribute. The wild places aren't that wild after all.

tinkerpriest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinkerpriest
Re: Let your imagination run wild


Love the image, just would personally want it to be a little bigger on the shirt so it's easier to see the nuances.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
tinkerpriest wrote:Love the image, just would personally want it to be a little bigger on the shirt so it's easier to see the nuances.


Thanks Re: the size of the image on the shirt, the comp is mainly for placement and not really for sizing. Woot always decides how big to print any given design, and it really has very little to do with how it is represented in the comp, especially because the size of the print on the shirt has a lot to do with which size you buy. For a design like this, they would probably do something like 10.5in wide for men's sizes, 9 in wide for women's and kids, if you wanted a rough estimate of how big it would be on the shirt.

danwo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwo
Re: Let your imagination run wild


I think this is one of your better designs. Good job.

orabbit


quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Let your imagination run wild


My wife looked at this and said "He's reading by moonlight? He'll ruin his eyes!"

ryuteki


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryuteki

That's pretty awesomely done, and my wife loves it.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Let your imagination run wild


How is this anything but blatantly stealing an author's characters -- textual and artistic -- and putting them on a shirt at a rather opportune time?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: Let your imagination run wild


Great tribute to the late Mr. Sendak. So fitting for this derby since that book is how so many young children have first experienced the joy of getting lost in a good book. (That sounds a bit awkward, but hopefully the point still comes across.)

highlander42


quality posts: 0 Private Messages highlander42
Re: Let your imagination run wild


I find the art work on this absolutely beautiful. Definately in my top 3 want to buy list.

zaydabarros


quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: Let your imagination run wild


I am so sad. I really wanted to buy this if it printed.

zaydabarros


quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: Let your imagination run wild


I am so sad. I really wanted to buy this if it printed.

poundpuppy05


quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
Re: Let your imagination run wild


I'm so sad this has been rejected; this was by far the best entry and is my favorite I've seen on woot. I was planning on getting one for me and also a kid's size for when we start having rugrats of our own.

It is beautifully done and a great tribute to Maurice Sendak.

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
poundpuppy05 wrote:I'm so sad this has been rejected; this was by far the best entry and is my favorite I've seen on woot. I was planning on getting one for me and also a kid's size for when we start having rugrats of our own.

It is beautifully done and a great tribute to Maurice Sendak.


In my experience, most feel feel that someone profiting off of a blatant rip off of their work with no permission or royalty is theft not tribute.

kaedex99


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99
mrwednesday wrote:In my experience, most feel feel that someone profiting off of a blatant rip off of their work with no permission or royalty is theft not tribute.


Thank you.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail