Derby #262: Gold

Golden Life

I don't think we can run this

Rejected because: I don't think we can run this

add a comment

Comments

bounty42


quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Golden Life


Take a look at this one guys, it's pretty cool!



Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

jfsiv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
bounty42 wrote:Take a look at this one guys, it's pretty cool!


Thanks I try.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bounty42 wrote:Take a look at this one guys, it's pretty cool!


This is a religious reference and should have been rejected.

move along

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
j5 wrote:This is a religious reference and should have been rejected.


Whilst half of me agrees, the other half says, "Why the hell does a cross HAVE to be religious?" Yes it is very symbolic for christians etc but they don't have exclusive rights to the shape.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:Whilst half of me agrees, the other half says, "Why the hell does a cross HAVE to be religious?" Yes it is very symbolic for christians etc but they don't have exclusive rights to the shape.

They pretty much do, yes. Especially in this incarnation with the long bit on the bottom, not to mention the title "Gold Life". What do YOU think that's a reference to?

Cross Wiki

move along

jfsiv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
j5 wrote:They pretty much do, yes. Especially in this incarnation with the long bit on the bottom, not to mention the title "Gold Life". What do YOU think that's a reference to?

Cross Wiki


WHOA!!! there buddy I didn't Mean it that way, I just saw some gothic jewelry with a bat mixed with a cross, and thought hay why not a butter fly because its less scary looking. Also the name refers to the life cycle of the butter fly.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jfsiv wrote:WHOA!!! there buddy I didn't Mean it that way, I just saw some gothic jewelry with a bat mixed with a cross, and thought hay why not a butter fly because its less scary looking. Also the name refers to the life cycle of the butter fly.

LOL!
Sorry man.
Art interpretation FTL.

move along

jfsiv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
j5 wrote:LOL!
Sorry man.
Art interpretation FTL.


That's okay man

It happens, if not then critics would be out of a job, and artist wouldn't be able to get better.

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
j5 wrote:They pretty much do, yes. Especially in this incarnation with the long bit on the bottom, not to mention the title "Gold Life". What do YOU think that's a reference to?

Cross Wiki


*Shrugs* I have no idea. I was merely saying that what one person sees isnt what everyone sees. As I said, theres no denying that the most common use of the cross is by christianity, but crosses existed as a symbol before christianity and in this day and age they are used for decoration and jewelry by those who are not even remotely religious. The celtic cross is a great example of that. Whilst much of its early life 1000-2000 years ago was most definitely swamped in christianity, now it is almost a fashion thing amongst some groups, and I know i certainly don't think Christian instantly when looking at it. *Shrugs* I guess everyone has their own experiences and opinions. Thats what makes interacting with others so much fun ^_^

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:*Shrugs* I have no idea. I was merely saying that what one person sees isnt what everyone sees.

no worries.
For the record, I didn't tattle this. I have no idea why it was rejected, because usually religious refs are stated as such.

move along

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail