Derby #262: Gold

Golden Shower

Off topic, or photo, or whatever

Rejected because: Off topic, or photo, or whatever

add a comment

Comments

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
Re: Golden Shower


... I dont even... why would anyone wear this? I can only assume the artist knows precisely what a golden shower is and I am very confused that anyone would feel that this is what they want to say about themselves to the world on a tshirt.

On another note, if you don't know what a golden shower is... don't google it >.> It is not something that should be seen by innocent eyes

tarmawolf


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
Re: Golden Shower


Are you the same person who did the lucky golden poo? Really? This place obviously isn't for you. This will be rejected come Monday, I'm sure.

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
tarmawolf wrote:Are you the same person who did the lucky golden poo? Really? This place obviously isn't for you. This will be rejected come Monday, I'm sure.


Well, Golden poo and Golden shower were submitted by different users, which suggests its by different people... but either way... not quite sure how either could think think someone would wear either design :/

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tarmawolf wrote: This will be rejected come Monday, I'm sure.

yeah, photos aren't allowed.

move along

jmgenens


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens
lilsquiggle wrote:... I dont even... why would anyone wear this? I can only assume the artist knows precisely what a golden shower is and I am very confused that anyone would feel that this is what they want to say about themselves to the world on a tshirt.


Have you ever been to http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/ ?

There is no end to the indignities people will intentionally inflict upon themselves, and others.

plainyoghurt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Golden Shower


This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it? Every week I have to sift through endless mario and star wars themed shirts with every man and his monkey clamouring to be the first to offer congratulations to the artist that gets the most "original" take on a video game or tv show. And yet when someone actually does come up with a design that shows a little bit of originality without having to rely on a crutch of someone else's devising, all anyone does is tour guide and moan about it. If you don't want to wear it, don't vote for it. Don't cast dispersions on a person's character just because they enjoy a sense of humour that is different to you.
Where's the encouragement? Where's the love?

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
plainyoghurt wrote:This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it?


*your

Also, people are bagging it because it's not funny and in pretty poor taste. It's just a photo with some pee added. It's rejection city.

- No photos
- No potty humor

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

craigglenfoster


quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigglenfoster
plainyoghurt wrote:This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it? Every week I have to sift through endless mario and star wars themed shirts with every man and his monkey clamouring to be the first to offer congratulations to the artist that gets the most "original" take on a video game or tv show. And yet when someone actually does come up with a design that shows a little bit of originality without having to rely on a crutch of someone else's devising, all anyone does is tour guide and moan about it. If you don't want to wear it, don't vote for it. Don't cast dispersions on a person's character just because they enjoy a sense of humour that is different to you.
Where's the encouragement? Where's the love?


Thanks man! At least someone has a sense of humor around here! Lets be real I knew it would be rejected but I didn't realize that that so many squares would start an uprising! It sounds like THEY have their mind in the gutter...It is LITERALLY a shower of GOLD...thats what is funny about it. Pee? Thats just disgusting! Get your mind out of the gutter people.

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
craigglenfoster wrote:Thanks man! At least someone has a sense of humor around here! Lets be real I knew it would be rejected but I didn't realize that that so many squares would start an uprising! It sounds like THEY have their mind in the gutter...It is LITERALLY a shower of GOLD...thats what is funny about it. Pee? Thats just disgusting! Get your mind out of the gutter people.


Perhaps you are unaware of the term golden shower in the "gutter world". Unfortunately, for anyone who knows what it means, that is instantly what they will assume it means. I showed this to quite a lot of friends in my confusion as to the idea behind the design and every single one of them read it in the same way as I did. Perhaps you should try testing the waters with people before you submit in the future? Just because you view something in a certain way doesn't mean everyone will think of it in the same way. Unfortunately for you on this occasion, everyone else saw this in a different way to the one you had intended.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:Perhaps you are unaware of the term golden shower in the "gutter world". Unfortunately, for anyone who knows what it means, that is instantly what they will assume it means. I showed this to quite a lot of friends in my confusion as to the idea behind the design and every single one of them read it in the same way as I did. Perhaps you should try testing the waters with people before you submit in the future? Just because you view something in a certain way doesn't mean everyone will think of it in the same way. Unfortunately for you on this occasion, everyone else saw this in a different way to the one you had intended.

You should stop now. I think he's full.

move along

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
j5 wrote:You should stop now. I think he's full.


Its ok, I wasn't gonna take it any further. Im not a troll ^_^ I was just trying to explain that it wasn't just a couple of people getting the wrong end of the stick.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:I'm not a troll ^_^

No, but he is.
From the start this was a troll entry.

move along

lilsquiggle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
j5 wrote:No, but he is.
From the start this was a troll entry.


And yet he/she didn't succeed in making anyone angry or upset. All he/she managed to do was get me to be slightly confused and post explaining the confusion :P I personally call that an unsuccessful troll ^_^

Paranatural


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paranatural
plainyoghurt wrote:This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it? Every week I have to sift through endless mario and star wars themed shirts with every man and his monkey clamouring to be the first to offer congratulations to the artist that gets the most "original" take on a video game or tv show. And yet when someone actually does come up with a design that shows a little bit of originality without having to rely on a crutch of someone else's devising, all anyone does is tour guide and moan about it. If you don't want to wear it, don't vote for it. Don't cast dispersions on a person's character just because they enjoy a sense of humour that is different to you.
Where's the encouragement? Where's the love?



Agreed. I guess it's nothing but unoriginal 90's video game references once again.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail