Derby #263: England
+206

Downton Abbey Road

Downton Abbey Road
add a comment

Comments

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Downton Abbey Road


This is a resub. I liked it better without the text and took it off.

archiwiz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages archiwiz
Re: Downton Abbey Road




Like!

Very visual representation of the "Upstairs" and "Downstairs" crew.

walmazan


quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Downton Abbey Road


Great work Quetza! and funny thing: I was working on a similar concept for downtown abbey, but I'm so glad I didn't finish it because I love so much how do you do the characters. +1

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: Downton Abbey Road


Wonderful job! I was so happy when I first saw this design, and that was only a thumbnail. Once I saw the full image, it was an amazing design. Great job!

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Downton Abbey Road


Thanks Archiwiz! Originally it was the top side only , but the composition felt empty and then it hit me to do the downstairs too.

Thanks Walmazan! I'm very sure yours would have been awesome! I appreciate the kind words!

Thank you Aerc712! I'm glad you like it!

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
qetza wrote:Thanks Archiwiz! Originally it was the top side only , but the composition felt empty and then it hit me to do the downstairs too.


The downstairs element is what really sold me on it. Abbey Road was a popular idea for designs (as expected), but the way you used it and combined it with the Downton Abbey elements was really well executed.

devdave


quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
walmazan wrote:Great work Quetza! and funny thing: I was working on a similar concept for downtown abbey, but I'm so glad I didn't finish it because I love so much how do you do the characters. +1


I was wondering what happened to yours!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Downton Abbey Road

It jumps out at me that the male characters don't match up, then I see the females differ in size as well.
I don't watch the show, so is there a reason you didn't match the "reflected" profiles by size/sex? Is it more a hierarchy thing?

move along

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
j5 wrote:It jumps out at me that the male characters don't match up, then I see the females differ in size as well.
I don't watch the show, so is there a reason you didn't match the "reflected" profiles by size/sex? Is it more a hierarchy thing?


I'm a fan of the show and the arrangement didn't bother me. It seemed that characters who are recognizable but a bit different were chosen (ex. Mrs. P. for the downstairs is a bit minor but she stands out more than Anna might have).

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
j5 wrote:It jumps out at me that the male characters don't match up, then I see the females differ in size as well.
I don't watch the show, so is there a reason you didn't match the "reflected" profiles by size/sex? Is it more a hierarchy thing?


@ j5 - I didn't mean for the placements to match up in any way or relation. It's a visual of both sides of the household; Those that live in the house and those that serve the house. I tried matching the foot positions of the Beatles on the cover and placed Robert first on the topside because he is the head of the household, followed by Cora, then Violet and lastly Lady Mary. The downstairs features Mrs Hughes, then Mr Carson, O'Brien, then Mrs. Patmore.

To me every character on the show has something interesting to offer and the actors portray them with such unique voices. I couldn't include everyone, so I chose what I thought was a good mix of characters to represent the show.

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
aerc712 wrote:I'm a fan of the show and the arrangement didn't bother me. It seemed that characters who are recognizable but a bit different were chosen (ex. Mrs. P. for the downstairs is a bit minor but she stands out more than Anna might have).


@ Aerc712 - I wanted to include Anna, but then thought I would have to include Bates. I went with Mrs. Patmore because she does stand out and easier for that to come across visually.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
qetza wrote:@ j5 - I didn't mean for the placements to match up in any way or relation. It's a visual of both sides of the household; Those that live in the house and those that serve the house. I tried matching the foot positions of the Beatles on the cover and placed Robert first on the topside because he is the head of the household, followed by Cora, then Violet and lastly Lady Mary. The downstairs features Mrs Hughes, then Mr Carson, O'Brien, then Mrs. Patmore.

To me every character on the show has something interesting to offer and the actors portray them with such unique voices. I couldn't include everyone, so I chose what I thought was a good mix of characters to represent the show.

Right, ok. I thought you may have considered a mirror image effect but changed it for some reason.

move along

ChronoSquall14


quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Downton Abbey Road


Clever and awesome. Clawesome.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail