Derby 269: Worst. Job. EVER.
+289

Repetitive Route

Repetitive Route
add a comment

Comments

harantula


quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
Re: Repetitive Route


Brilliant!






kottson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kottson
harantula wrote:Brilliant!


+1

dcastello


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
Re: Repetitive Route


So original, great technic and style

lloyd2002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
dcastello wrote:So original, great technic and style


Yes, so original

Naolito


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
lloyd2002 wrote:Yes, so original


I don't think the ideas have nothing in common appart from making a joke about orbits.
In any case, I'd like to know Walmazan's opinion here

seoulsista76


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seoulsista76
Naolito wrote:I don't think the ideas have nothing in common appart from making a joke about orbits.
In any case, I'd like to know Walmazan's opinion here


Oh My Failing Grades!! Pluto's the waterboy!!! So cute/sad!!!!

fuzzzydunlop


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzzydunlop
Naolito wrote:I don't think the ideas have nothing in common appart from making a joke about orbits.
In any case, I'd like to know Walmazan's opinion here


I wouldn't worry about it too much, Naolito. This seems to be one of various accounts with 1 "woot" that love everything Lyonscc submits while bashing other things in the fog.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
fuzzzydunlop wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much, Naolito.


I'm going to echo that I don't think there's too much to worry about here. One person does not have claim over solar system/space designs. There are plenty of space designs, other artists here have turned the planets into characters (for lack of better phrasing), and I think, most importantly, the intent of the design is different from Walmazan's. I love Walmazan's design, it's one that I own, but I think in this case, there's enough of a difference.

I respect the need to point out when there are striking similarities and issues, but sometimes folks really grasp at straws.

lloyd2002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
fuzzzydunlop wrote:I wouldn't worry about it too much, Naolito. This seems to be one of various accounts with 1 "woot" that love everything Lyonscc submits while bashing other things in the fog.


I'm not sure what your point is. I do like his/her design today, as well as fuacka's Video Game character therapist design. I was also critical of lyonscc's one-line designs, which I thought were either halftones or should have been rejected as pop culture.

In this case, I just read the comment about this design beings so "original", and I disagreed with there really being any originality with anthropomorphic planets walking around each other.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
lloyd2002 wrote:
In this case, I just read the comment about this design beings so "original", and I disagreed with there really being any originality with anthropomorphic planets walking around each other.


It is possible that the person who left that remark had not seen walmazan's design. People come and go, and don't necessarily check woot all the time.

There are tons of designs out there depicting planets, the moon, etc. A few artists here, like walmazan and wirdou, and now naolito, who have opted to depict planets this way. The designs aren't the same and the elements that overlap are so basic that, at least in my perspective, it's not an issue. For me, I liked what naolito did in terms of the expressions and actions and that distinguished the design from others. Just my 2 cents.

orabbit


quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Repetitive Route


In my opinion, Naolito is very creative and he doesn't need to "borrow" ideas. There's a certain Woot style that has congealed over the years, but beyond that it's an original concept.

charlottesumxs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
Re: Repetitive Route


The idea of planets orbiting each other is a pretty old one, I don't thing anyone owns it. But this design does put an original 'spin' (sorry) on it. I love it!

charlottesumxs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
Re: Repetitive Route


And why do our votes not show for this shirt? Because it's been "tattled on"? I hope the votes will still count because I really like this shirt and can't see what the designer has done wrong.

biticol


quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Repetitive Route


Love the expressions on their faces. Great job, Naolito!







goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

charlottesumxs wrote:And why do our votes not show for this shirt? Because it's been "tattled on"? I hope the votes will still count because I really like this shirt and can't see what the designer has done wrong.


Hello and welcome to shirt.woot! Votes do not show for this shirt because it is currently in the Fog of War. To learn about the Fog of War and how the shirt.woot derby works in general, please read the shirt.woot FAQ.

harzack


quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: Repetitive Route


Print!

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Repetitive Route


Great characters, and I love the technical side of this design; the lighting and the way you drew the groove.

alecito


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alecito

This is adorable!

fuacka


quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: Repetitive Route


Simple and amazing!
Great work!

oakenspirit


quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Repetitive Route


Shouldn't the Earth be sad that she is orbiting the Sun as well? hehe


qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

charlottesumxs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
goldenthorn wrote:Hello and welcome to shirt.woot! Votes do not show for this shirt because it is currently in the Fog of War. To learn about the Fog of War and how the shirt.woot derby works in general, please read the shirt.woot FAQ.


Thank you goldenthorn! I get it now.

walmazan


quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Naolito wrote:I don't think the ideas have nothing in common appart from making a joke about orbits.
In any case, I'd like to know Walmazan's opinion here


I think the concept is totally different, and it don't have nothing in common. plus I love it and GMV!

sheenachu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
walmazan wrote:I think the concept is totally different, and it don't have nothing in common. plus I love it and GMV!


Glad to hear from you Walmazan! Very cute design :D

grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
walmazan wrote:I think the concept is totally different, and it don't have nothing in common. plus I love it and GMV!


Agreed!

Naolito


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Repetitive Route


Thanks for your comment walmazan! And thanks everyone!

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Spiritgreen wrote:Great characters, and I love the technical side of this design; the lighting and the way you drew the groove.


Totally agree with this! Love this design!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail