Derby 269: Worst. Job. EVER.
+177

The One Eyewasher - Remix

The One Eyewasher - Remix
add a comment

Comments

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix


Started the mannequin/silhouette over from scratch, without looking at a darn thing as a guide.

I've attached my three iterations, just to show that it's a rough outline that doesn't match the previous contentious image.

Please vote again...

wottwin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix


You know, the first time this was rejected I thought maybe woot had a problem with the flames looking too photo-realistic. I'm not saying that they are photos, I'm just saying your effects are so good they look real. Not to, um, fan the flames of controversy, just to point out something that you might not have thought about.

orabbit


quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix


Conspiracy alert! This one is getting too many votes too quickly!

JK - looks better. Good luck!

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
wottwin wrote:You know, the first time this was rejected I thought maybe woot had a problem with the flames looking too photo-realistic. I'm not saying that they are photos, I'm just saying your effects are so good they look real. Not to, um, fan the flames of controversy, just to point out something that you might not have thought about.


That's interesting...

I sent them samples (along with pointing out my other usage of the "flame" gradient effect.

Here's a test-render of this design - with it, you can see how it is a gradient and not a photo - you color-select a particular white/black level, and then create a shaped gradient (like a lazy check mark). If you use a "wobble" in the gradients, it gives the appearance of flames...



orabbit wrote:Conspiracy alert! This one is getting too many votes too quickly!

JK - looks better. Good luck!


Thanks! I really do want to to this the right way. It's taken awhile to learn how Woot does the IP rules with parody and pop culture ( I had a lot of early rejects for that), and when it comes to using reference images, I was trying to mimic how others do that.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the conflict here...

nikoby


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikoby

Well done!

autsey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
Good, good. Nice changes, and excellent persistence. Good luck!
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix

hcschmidt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix


Once again I will cast a vote for you, it really does not seem right what's been going on for you, hope this new one works out better ;)

Good luck!

kazmfire


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazmfire
lyonscc wrote:Started the mannequin/silhouette over from scratch, without looking at a darn thing as a guide.

I've attached my three iterations, just to show that it's a rough outline that doesn't match the previous contentious image.

Please vote again...


Major props for being so persistent and working through the issues.

citizencoyote


quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
autsey wrote:Good, good. Nice changes, and excellent persistence. Good luck!


I'll toss my support back in, too. I really do like the idea (and the flames are awesome).

thePenrod


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thePenrod
Re: The One Eyewasher - Remix


Wow, you really can't draw. ;)

lyonscc


quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
thePenrod wrote:Wow, you really can't draw. ;)


Thanks, Christian. :-P

Having seen how the first one came out, and having more experience with the gradient/fire process, I tweaked parts of the figure (like making the squeegee thicker) to better mesh with the flames, but still show the outline I was looking for...

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail