Derby #273: Animals as People
+17

The Pyramid Scheme

The Pyramid Scheme
add a comment

Comments

Mavyn


quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: The Pyramid Scheme


Dollar signs count as text.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

sirend


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend
Mavyn wrote:Dollar signs count as text.


dollar signs are in fact not text.. dollar signs are signs/icons my dear friend.. just because they are on your keyboard and on your phone does not mean they are considered text by definition

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
sirend wrote:dollar signs are in fact not text.. dollar signs are signs/icons my dear friend.. just because they are on your keyboard and on your phone does not mean they are considered text by definition


That's actually a definition of text that Woot has used before. If it's a key on your keyboard it's not allowed. Dollar signs will get rejected for sure if there's a no text rule.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

sirend


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend
bluetuba wrote:That's actually a definition of text that Woot has used before. If it's a key on your keyboard it's not allowed. Dollar signs will get rejected for sure if there's a no text rule.


ohh well i can resubmit without the dollars at all which will still give the saem idea but my design is not getting many votes anyway so wahtever.. where can i find all these detailed rules because i cannot find exact little rules and restrictions only generic ones

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
sirend wrote:ohh well i can resubmit without the dollars at all which will still give the saem idea but my design is not getting many votes anyway so wahtever.. where can i find all these detailed rules because i cannot find exact little rules and restrictions only generic ones


This is several years old and some parts of it are outdated/no longer enforced (like the ban on flying penguins or portal) but some rules never change. Like keep it PG-13 or No Photos.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

And to make it all even more confusing there are several levels of the no text rule. Tgentry has explained it before, but I can't find it ATM.

No Text means no text at all

No Text Only means you can use text but there has to be some kind of graphical element, IE no pure slogan shirts.

Incidental Text Only means you can use text but only in cases like X's on eyes, dollar signs, scribbles on a chalk board, writing on a sign, ect.. No slogans or paragraphs or something.

If there is no rule regarding text at all then you can go nuts, but that's rare.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

sirend


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirend
bluetuba wrote:This is several years old and some parts of it are outdated/no longer enforced (like the ban on flying penguins or portal) but some rules never change. Like keep it PG-13 or No Photos.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

And to make it all even more confusing there are several levels of the no text rule. Tgentry has explained it before, but I can't find it ATM.

No Text means no text at all

No Text Only means you can use text but there has to be some kind of graphical element, IE no pure slogan shirts.

Incidental Text Only means you can use text but only in cases like X's on eyes, dollar signs, scribbles on a chalk board, writing on a sign, ect.. No slogans or paragraphs or something.

If there is no rule regarding text at all then you can go nuts, but that's rare.



thanks a lot for your help mate! this definitely clarifies a lot of things

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail