Derby #288: Mad Science!
+70

The Teslige

The Teslige
add a comment

Comments

susanrstone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanrstone
Re: The Teslige

This is an awesome design - you gotta get it - Now!!

deborah11565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
susanrstone wrote:This is an awesome design - you gotta get it - Now!!


Might help by removing your measurement lines...

punksthetic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksthetic
deborah11565 wrote:Might help by removing your measurement lines...


This is my first time entering the derby... I wasn't really aware you could alter these images however we saw fit.

deborah11565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
punksthetic wrote:This is my first time entering the derby... I wasn't really aware you could alter these images however we saw fit.


Yes, you can always edit your artwork prior to submitting,

punksthetic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksthetic
deborah11565 wrote:Yes, you can always edit your artwork prior to submitting,

Yes, I realize that... But it doesn't really matter that the guideline is there or not. It's not like the shirt is going to be sold like that.

deborah11565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
punksthetic wrote:Yes, I realize that... But it doesn't really matter that the guideline is there or not. It's not like the shirt is going to be sold like that.


Ok, you are new. Take the advise or not.... Read the derby, these folks are very serious about artwork, in most cases.

punksthetic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksthetic
deborah11565 wrote:Ok, you are new. Take the advise or not.... Read the derby, these folks are very serious about artwork, in most cases.

Well, if you take a look at my art, you can see that I am also quite serious about artwork. Thanks.

edgrrrzzmom


quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
deborah11565 wrote:Ok, you are new. Take the advise or not.... Read the derby, these folks are very serious about artwork, in most cases.

The word is "advice," not "advise."

deborah11565


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
edgrrrzzmom wrote:The word is "advice," not "advise."


Ahh... yes the ole human typo rears it's ugly head again, good eye ! Make edgrr proud....

jgregory84


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgregory84

this must be made into a shirt!!!

susanrstone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanrstone
jgregory84 wrote:this must be made into a shirt!!!

I can't wait - I'll buy 2 of them when they do.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
punksthetic wrote:Yes, I realize that... But it doesn't really matter that the guideline is there or not. It's not like the shirt is going to be sold like that.

The shirt isn't going to physically PRINT like that, sure, but when trying to SELL your shirt to a voting public, presentation is everything. Since you're new, a good idea would be to browse past derbies and see how the top rated entries presented their artwork. Clearly you have talent (well ok that's subjective, but I liked the shirt), but talent alone will not a winner make.

Yes you can modify the shirt comp - the important parts are 1) the correct shirt color, 2) a full-sized shirt showing the placement of the design. Closer views are nice so we can see detail, but not required. There's a forum thread somewhere with alternate shirt comp layouts that fellow artists have shared for use, if you want. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

Another good idea is to post a link or in-line closeup of details of the design, many of us appreciate seeing them, especially on detailed shirts where it's just hard to catch it all in the shirt comp.

Oh, and instead of pimping your design in the first comment, use your first comment to put something interesting about your inspiration, method, or whatever. It just brings interest/attention without feeling like begging Your signature can have a link or button or whatever saying "vote for Tesla!" and that's a nice way to get a little attention to your shirt.

punksthetic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksthetic
runnerfrog13 wrote:The shirt isn't going to physically PRINT like that, sure, but when trying to SELL your shirt to a voting public, presentation is everything. Since you're new, a good idea would be to browse past derbies and see how the top rated entries presented their artwork. Clearly you have talent (well ok that's subjective, but I liked the shirt), but talent alone will not a winner make.

Yes you can modify the shirt comp - the important parts are 1) the correct shirt color, 2) a full-sized shirt showing the placement of the design. Closer views are nice so we can see detail, but not required. There's a forum thread somewhere with alternate shirt comp layouts that fellow artists have shared for use, if you want. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

Another good idea is to post a link or in-line closeup of details of the design, many of us appreciate seeing them, especially on detailed shirts where it's just hard to catch it all in the shirt comp.

Oh, and instead of pimping your design in the first comment, use your first comment to put something interesting about your inspiration, method, or whatever. It just brings interest/attention without feeling like begging Your signature can have a link or button or whatever saying "vote for Tesla!" and that's a nice way to get a little attention to your shirt.


punksthetic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksthetic

Thanks for the help, guys.

Oh, and that wasn't me in the first comment... I actually didn't make any comment until I was critiqued, characterized by my avatar.

dfunk29


quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
punksthetic wrote:


I love "The Prestige", but wow! That's a lot going on. Great design, but I only want people staring at my chest for so long.

punksthetic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages punksthetic
dfunk29 wrote:I love "The Prestige", but wow! That's a lot going on. Great design, but I only want people staring at my chest for so long.


I'm sure it wouldn't be very difficult to tone down if it ever came to print.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail