Derby #289: Literary Classics
+226

The Art of War

The Art of War
add a comment

Comments

rasabi


quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi
Re: The Art of War


Based off of Sun Tzu's book which will hopefully one day be turned into a musical.

Thanks to everyone who gave input in the pre-derby thread!

orabbit


quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: The Art of War


Looks awesome!

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: The Art of War


I thought you were going "short form"
(though I do like this one also)

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

lotsofgoats


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
Re: The Art of War


I love the changes. The buckets do it.

rasabi


quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

Thanks orabbit and lotsofgoats (gooooats)!

@J5 - I think the circle frames it nicely like Fablefire suggested. I didn't like the double shadows, but one puddle seemed to do the trick.

I'm assuming that's what you mean by "short hand". I had to look it up and it involved shortening words. I'm not changing the title to TAW that is just silly.... AW is also out.

Though I didn't see it in time lotsofgoats (gooooats) suggested "The War of Art" which I think is a great title. None of this AW nonsense.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
rasabi wrote:@J5 - I think the circle frames it nicely like Fablefire suggested. I didn't like the double shadows, but one puddle seemed to do the trick.

I'm assuming that's what you mean by "short hand". I had to look it up and it involved shortening words. I'm not changing the title to TAW that is just silly.... AW is also out

I said "short form" which meant the shortened stroke.
Good comp though!

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

wottwin


quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
Re: The Art of War


Very dynamic! You did a great job of capturing that sense of motion.

lotsofgoats


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
rasabi wrote:Though I didn't see it in time lotsofgoats (gooooats) suggested "The War of Art" which I think is a great title. None of this AW nonsense.


It's all good. I'd buy this if you drew it on a napkin and called it Sally, so don't worry too much.

aLittleBunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aLittleBunny
Re: The Art of War


I really want this to win. I haven't bought any shirts in a long time, but I would buy this in a second.

fablefire


quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: The Art of War


Nice! I like how it turned out. Good call on the buckets.

kevlar51


quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: The Art of War


wonderful energy!

lonelypond


quality posts: 460 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: The Art of War


Looking good...

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

coffeesplinter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeesplinter
Re: The Art of War


Is it just me or does the blue samurai look like hes doing gangnam style Art of War?

I love it either way. I usually hate light colored shirts but I will buy this if it prints.

rasabi


quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi
coffeesplinter wrote:Is it just me or does the blue samurai look like hes doing gangnam style Art of War?

I love it either way. I usually hate light colored shirts but I will buy this if it prints.


I was aiming for more of a Chinese warring states period look than samurai, but I'll take it !

Gangam Samurai covers more bases anyway.


>.> <.<
ps. notpopculture

lotsofgoats


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
Re: The Art of War


Do me a favor and let me know who you wind up getting to print this, cuz if it isn't woot then I'll still chase it around.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail