Derby #330: Classic Literature
+66

Learn'd Astronomer

Learn'd Astronomer
add a comment

Comments

oakenspirit


quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Learn'd Astronomer


One of my all time favorite Whitman poems (from Leaves of Grass) written over Carl Sagan's Pulsar Map (from the Pioneer Plaque)...

Too geeky?


EwingKlipspringer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
oakenspirit wrote:One of my all time favorite Whitman poems (from Leaves of Grass) written over Carl Sagan's Pulsar Map (from the Pioneer Plaque)...

Too geeky?



Not at all!
There is a really good
picture book version of this poem that I used to read to my daughter when she was small.

I hope this does well. Great job.


oakenspirit


quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
EwingKlipspringer wrote:Not at all!
There is a really good
picture book version of this poem that I used to read to my daughter when she was small.

I hope this does well. Great job.


Thanks so much man- and... yeah, just ordered that book... the only thing I love more than space and poetry is sharing space and poetry with my daughter... ;) thanks x2.


manhandsha


quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:Thanks so much man- and... yeah, just ordered that book... the only thing I love more than space and poetry is sharing space and poetry with my daughter... ;) thanks x2.


^^Cute!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

lonelypond


quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Learn'd Astronomer


love this poem; design suits it perfectly

oakenspirit


quality posts: 70 Private Messages oakenspirit
lonelypond wrote:love this poem; design suits it perfectly


Thank you so much! Even though I didn't get the votes needed to print this week, I am probably more proud of my designs than normal.


More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail