Derby #347: Inspired By Vintage Posters
+5

The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet

The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet
add a comment

Comments

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet


Ok I am swinging for the fences on this. Some may know this series younger crowd will not. But my take anime style on an old puppet show.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
Re: The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet


OK. So I admit it. I have no clue what this reference is. I should Google it. It is an impressive shirt. It doesn't seem to be original art. Is it? If not, did you get it from creative commons. Because, under the right search license tools, you can get art for commercial use.

sgllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgllama
Re: The New Adventures of Captain Scarlet


Captain Scarlet together with a S.H.A.D.O Interceptor? Shouldn't that be an Angel Interceptor?

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
novels22 wrote:OK. So I admit it. I have no clue what this reference is. I should Google it. It is an impressive shirt. It doesn't seem to be original art. Is it? If not, did you get it from creative commons. Because, under the right search license tools, you can get art for commercial use.


No original artwork. I am an anime nerd. Just look on YouTube. Look under Captain Scarlet. It's corny but for me who grew up with this show. Great memories.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
sgllama wrote:Captain Scarlet together with a S.H.A.D.O Interceptor? Shouldn't that be an Angel Interceptor?


Alright a fan. Good eye I didn't have enough time to change the Interceptor completely but I wanted to use the nose missile from the UFO TV series. Also nice way to spell S.H.A.D.O.W. Nice to old fan like myself.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
spikeani wrote:No original artwork. I am an anime nerd. Just look on YouTube. Look under Captain Scarlet. It's corny but for me who grew up with this show. Great memories.


Where did you get the artwork?

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
novels22 wrote:Where did you get the artwork?


This is an old piece I created myself. I am big into anime. So I thought it would be cool to create a new version of Captain Scarlet this time staring his daughter about twenty years into the future. Captain scarlet was the first inspiration second was just getting ideas from the anime I watched.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
spikeani wrote:This is an old piece I created myself. I am big into anime. So I thought it would be cool to create a new version of Captain Scarlet this time staring his daughter about twenty years into the future. Captain scarlet was the first inspiration second was just getting ideas from the anime I watched.


neat

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
sgllama wrote:Captain Scarlet together with a S.H.A.D.O Interceptor? Shouldn't that be an Angel Interceptor?


Guess what, I just watch first episode of UFO and they spelled shadow just SHADOW no periods. That's the seventies for ya.

sgllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgllama
spikeani wrote:Guess what, I just watch first episode of UFO and they spelled shadow just SHADOW no periods. That's the seventies for ya.


Yer wot? Straker takes the new guy (was it Foster?) into the underground complex for the first time and points out the logo on the wall: Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation aka S.H.A.D.O. ! Maybe too much distraction from Ayshea walking past?

sgllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgllama
sgllama wrote:Yer wot? Straker takes the new guy (was it Foster?) into the underground complex for the first time and points out the logo on the wall: Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation aka S.H.A.D.O. ! Maybe too much distraction from Ayshea walking past?


Hmm, just had a Google around - I swear we had full-stops in the 70's! Its revisionism I tells ya. No, wait - aha!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ufo-shado-pin-gerry-anderson-tv-show-straker-space-19-514873521

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78406&page=8

Phew.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
sgllama wrote:Hmm, just had a Google around - I swear we had full-stops in the 70's! Its revisionism I tells ya. No, wait - aha!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ufo-shado-pin-gerry-anderson-tv-show-straker-space-19-514873521

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78406&page=8

Phew.


I did not exist in the 70s. So I really can't follow any of this. The closest thing I know to anime is Ponyo. I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
sgllama wrote:Hmm, just had a Google around - I swear we had full-stops in the 70's! Its revisionism I tells ya. No, wait - aha!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ufo-shado-pin-gerry-anderson-tv-show-straker-space-19-514873521

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78406&page=8

Phew.


Only one, They need to bring the fishnet shirts back. LOL I think I need to re watch this show on youtube. I know a weekend marathon with Space 1999. You can't get more vintage than that.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
novels22 wrote:I did not exist in the 70s. So I really can't follow any of this. The closest thing I know to anime is Ponyo. I LOVE THAT MOVIE.


LMAO, np, I can't keep with these new computer gadgets you kids have. You probably know the anime Dragonball and Naruto Their are plenty of free sites for anime. Also go to Youtube and look up Captain Scarlet, Space 1999, UFO TV series and The thunderbirds. You'll laugh like my daughter did. But it's just crazy guy fun.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail