Derby #22: Other Words of the Year

Forcible Peace

I'm determining the idea has already been executed on a shirt here: http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663.  The Threadless designs I've seen referenced are submissions and not printed shirts.

Rejected because: I'm determining the idea has already been executed on a shirt here: http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663. The Threadless designs I've seen referenced are submissions and not printed shirts.

add a comment

Comments

Dagith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dagith
Re: Forcible Peace


I like the message this shirt makes.

shamloo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamloo
Re: Forcible Peace


what word is this?

uplinked


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplinked
shamloo wrote:what word is this?


Well, it's a bit of a shot in the dark, really, but maybe "Hypocrite"? I suspected "Facebook" at first, until I realized I'm not giraffe-like. Did you really have to ask that question?

*note- it could also be for "Pecksniffian", which basically means the same as hypocritical.

goodedesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign

vote for my conundrum problem PLEASE!

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
goodedesign wrote:vote for my conundrum problem PLEASE!


Oh, i'm glad i didnt do the maze too....

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
uplinked wrote:Well, it's a bit of a shot in the dark, really, but maybe "Hypocrite"? I suspected "Facebook" at first, until I realized I'm not giraffe-like. Did you really have to ask that question?

*note- it could also be for "Pecksniffian", which basically means the same as hypocritical.


dang- they stated quite clearly that if your title didn't have the word, then the word had to be on the detail picture. looks like it'll get rejected- if not this, then what?

RobGlenn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobGlenn
Josephus wrote:dang- they stated quite clearly that if your title didn't have the word, then the word had to be on the detail picture. looks like it'll get rejected- if not this, then what?


Darn, I put the hypocrite explanation in the little description part that doesn't show up on the post, I guess just woot sees that. I hope I don't get rejected.

quijibo666


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
Re: Forcible Peace


Guns in peace signs?!!? What kind of Hypocrite are you?!?!

Another great design, though I wished you had included something of the live traced moon persuasion.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
RobGlenn wrote:Darn, I put the hypocrite explanation in the little description part that doesn't show up on the post, I guess just woot sees that. I hope I don't get rejected.


They rarely look at those, or so it seems from previous posts... Good luck tho!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
RobGlenn wrote:Darn, I put the hypocrite explanation in the little description part that doesn't show up on the post, I guess just woot sees that. I hope I don't get rejected.


"And make sure you tell us which word you're illustrating. The easiest way to do that is to put it in the title of your entry, but if you insist, you can put it in the detail image. If we don't know what word you've based your design on, your entry will be rejected. On with the blamestorm!"

I think you should be fine if you included it in the justification box when you entered it. That's what the justification box is for. They simply stated that it was the "easiest" way... the justification box is just as legit as any way. But then, I'm not woot.

justone73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages justone73

No, this shirt is way to good to get rejected... Nice job, I don't think its too hard to see the hypocrite in there....

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
justone73 wrote:No, this shirt is way to good to get rejected... Nice job, I don't think its too hard to see the hypocrite in there....


I agree...very obvious...nice job!!!


shmeedles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shmeedles

I smell default illustrator paint splatter brush.

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Forcible Peace



i would never put a peace symbol on my person, but this is still a great design.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
shmeedles wrote:I smell default illustrator paint splatter brush.


That's okay isn't it? I think it's a great addition to the background.

aegis72


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aegis72
Re: Forcible Peace


OK, I am putting this out there so that later when it prints no one comes back and says I stole this idea. I submitted a design on Nov 5 as a daily that has a similar theme, which Woot is hopefully going to print (we were shooting for January), so as I said - when it prints please don't send me messages about how I copied this idea.

Nice design, BTW

BDV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
Re: Forcible Peace


Wow! This is really well done. I will definitely purchase this if I have a chance.

SJCarlson22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJCarlson22
Re: Forcible Peace


very clever...good job!

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Forcible Peace


I have found myself with a conundrum over this shirt. I hate the peace symbol in general, but this is a perfect illustration of a stupid government policy.

Great concept.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
shmeedles wrote:I smell default illustrator paint splatter brush.


and?

It's the best of the derby so far, and I will be impatiently waiting for it to pop up for sale a week for now so i can buy 3.

jmps2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmps2
Re: Forcible Peace


love this!! please don't get rejected!!

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
jmps2 wrote:love this!! please don't get rejected!!


i won't be surprised if it gets rejected ... but i don't really think it will.
great shirt. Even though i wouldn't wear it.

IantheGreat


quality posts: 1 Private Messages IantheGreat

The best shirt of this derby. I'll definitely buy it if it makes top three.

ashmc87


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashmc87
Re: Forcible Peace


Oh my gosh! I'd definitely buy this shirt. Please make it available!!!

damiendone


quality posts: 0 Private Messages damiendone
Re: Forcible Peace


The idea is great, but I can't stand the splatter.
It's too... uniform? Perfectly placed? Something.

Either way, nice one.

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
ashmc87 wrote:Oh my gosh! I'd definitely buy this shirt. Please make it available!!!


It is available already... :
http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663
http://www.threadless.com/submission/25998/Guns_for_Peice/showmore,designs
http://www.threadless.com/submission/130443/WEAPONS_OF_PEACE
:/

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
jamescho84 wrote:It is available already... :
http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663
http://www.threadless.com/submission/25998/Guns_for_Peice/showmore,designs
http://www.threadless.com/submission/130443/WEAPONS_OF_PEACE
:/


ouch

AnGeLiCbOrIs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Forcible Peace


Oh boy! Another week, another idea stolen by Robglenn who again managed to create an inferior version of existing designs.

It's kind of sad already and definitely not funny.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
jamescho84 wrote:It is available already... :
http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663
http://www.threadless.com/submission/25998/Guns_for_Peice/showmore,designs
http://www.threadless.com/submission/130443/WEAPONS_OF_PEACE
:/

daymn.. thats cold... and sad... now try to find apathetic smiley faces

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
jamescho84 wrote:It is available already... :
http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663
http://www.threadless.com/submission/25998/Guns_for_Peice/showmore,designs
http://www.threadless.com/submission/130443/WEAPONS_OF_PEACE
:/


http://www.threadless.com/submission/60162/A_Gun_s_Only_Peace

Very old design.. and not even printed.. but, I saw this.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Patchitect wrote:daymn.. thats cold... and sad... now try to find apathetic smiley faces


Those exist too- as I said in a few other places, I was going to do one, but googled it and realized they were around. 10 minutes of googling will save people a lot of work.

BDV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
jamescho84 wrote:It is available already... :
http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663
http://www.threadless.com/submission/25998/Guns_for_Peice/showmore,designs
http://www.threadless.com/submission/130443/WEAPONS_OF_PEACE
:/


ah, phooey.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
jamescho84 wrote:It is available already... :
http://www.sbkicks.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=663
http://www.threadless.com/submission/25998/Guns_for_Peice/showmore,designs
http://www.threadless.com/submission/130443/WEAPONS_OF_PEACE
:/



good lord...did he just use the guns from this one? Looks like it

rdpollard


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdpollard

That's tough...I like the design, and even shamelessly stolen, the finished product strikes me as the best application of the source material...but I won't be a recipient of stolen property. Sorry dude. Come up with some originality.

RobGlenn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobGlenn
brizz wrote:good lord...did he just use the guns from this one? Looks like it


I recognize some of those guns, they're from photos.com... same stock photo place I use.

keyser520


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
RobGlenn wrote:I recognize some of those guns, they're from photos.com... same stock photo place I use.


Are those legal to use?

<Commercial Break Removed by Keyser520 because I didn't realize it would post it under this shirt. I thought I was posting in the forum... and I didn't feel right leaving an add for my shirt in the post under his shirt>

Besis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Besis
keyser520 wrote:Are those legal to use?


If you have a paid account there, which I do.

RobGlenn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobGlenn
Besis wrote:If you have a paid account there, which I do.


So do I... it's an okay service, the selection is pretty generic, but the prices are good.

KevanB


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KevanB

Best shirt I've seen on w00t in awhile! 1st place FTW (or 2nd, or 3rd so I can buy it :P )

jagrjones


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jagrjones
Re: Forcible Peace


I really like this shirt and its theme. Good Job!

keyser520


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Re: Forcible Peace


While I like the shirt, i am really surprised that woot kept it but rejected the no t-shirt t-shirt, as both are already available elsewhere.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
keyser520 wrote:Are those legal to use?

(Unctuously annoying collage removed for the sake of peoples eyes)

And now, back to our commercial break:

We thank you for your time and effort to view this brief commercial break.

You may continue onwards to your previously planned destination.

THanks, and have a great day!


Wow keyser... thats.. um... well..

Wow...

quijibo666


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
RobGlenn wrote:I recognize some of those guns, they're from photos.com... same stock photo place I use.


You mean there’s a place on the internet where stuff resides and is stock pilled for people to use for a multitude of applications???? And that these 'stock' elements sometimes get used for the same thing because really, how many different things can you use this for? A brochure? Not likely!? Who would buy something with guns on the brochure?? Hitler. That’s who.

And I'm so sure you're going to tell me there are no more original ideas, rather re-interpretations of some Shakespeare play or Michelangelo mid-evil bottle rocket? That destroys me... '10 Things I Hate About You'? The 'Helicopter' ???? My tears run freely like the ragging rapids!

I bet you'll go on and on that some company called Coca-Cola spent billions of trillions of millions of billions of dollars rolling out a marketing campaign the past few years that involves cute bears and penguins and snow and coke and fun and it looks a lot like the shirt that won last week by a guy who is awesome and god like and original. Well won't you?!??!

I will not stand for this talk sir!!!! You're LOGIC and REASON and FACTS make my soul scream for mercy. Why don't you just punch an angel in the throat! And while you're at it RobGlenn (If that IS your REAL name).... why don't you just die!

goodedesign


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
quijibo666 wrote:Who would buy something with guns on the brochure??

I would buy guns from a catalog. But then again, I kinda like hunting and target shooting.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
quijibo666 wrote:You mean there’s a place on the internet where stuff resides and is stock pilled for people to use for a multitude of applications???? And that these 'stock' elements sometimes get used for the same thing because really, how many different things can you use this for? A brochure? Not likely!? Who would buy something with guns on the brochure?? Hitler. That’s who.

And I'm so sure you're going to tell me there are no more original ideas, rather re-interpretations of some Shakespeare play or Michelangelo mid-evil bottle rocket? That destroys me... '10 Things I Hate About You'? The 'Helicopter' ???? My tears run freely like the ragging rapids!

I bet you'll go on and on that some company called Coca-Cola spent billions of trillions of millions of billions of dollars rolling out a marketing campaign the past few years that involves cute bears and penguins and snow and coke and fun and it looks a lot like the shirt that won last week by a guy who is awesome and god like and original. Well won't you?!??!

I will not stand for this talk sir!!!! You're LOGIC and REASON and FACTS make my soul scream for mercy. Why don't you just punch an angel in the throat! And while you're at it RobGlenn (If that IS your REAL name).... why don't you just die!


And right after that, you'll tell me that there's some sort of "website" (maybe even named... "Google") that allows you to search for just these sorts of things. And that you should check before you make a shirt, because if it already exists Woot won't print it. And that if one person has this problem every freaking week, but no one else seems to, it might be part of a larger pattern of questionable behavior.

But that would be crazy, right?

(Seriously, if you think the penguin and polar bears were too close to a coke campaign but Rob's peace symbol is totally original, you might want to look into some help. Or take a look at prior works by Rob, including Arrgyle, the folding shirt, and his Threadless version of a Woot winner and tell me there's not a pattern here. If nothing else, the dude should know enough to google by now. Maybe I should clarify, though- when he googles, he should do something *different* than what the searches turn up. Not the same stuff.)

No one is being mean to Rob. Rob has just decided that Woot's reason for being ("Woot tees feature exclusive, original designs that you can’t get anywhere else (hence the terms “exclusive” and “original”).") has a giant Rob-shaped exception. The stuff he does is already on shirts. Originality is really not that hard to achieve, man.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
geekfactor12 wrote:And right after that, you'll tell me that there's some sort of "website" (maybe even named... "Google") that allows you to search for just these sorts of things. And that you should check before you make a shirt, because if it already exists Woot won't print it. And that if one person has this problem every freaking week, but no one else seems to, it might be part of a larger pattern of questionable behavior.

But that would be crazy, right?

(Seriously, if you think the penguin and polar bears were too close to a coke campaign but Rob's peace symbol is totally original, you might want to look into some help. Or take a look at prior works by Rob, including Arrgyle, the folding shirt, and his Threadless version of a Woot winner and tell me there's not a pattern here. If nothing else, the dude should know enough to google by now. Maybe I should clarify, though- when he googles, he should do something *different* than what the searches turn up. Not the same stuff.)

No one is being mean to Rob. Rob has just decided that Woot's reason for being ("Woot tees feature exclusive, original designs that you can’t get anywhere else (hence the terms “exclusive” and “original”).") has a giant Rob-shaped exception. The stuff he does is already on shirts. Originality is really not that hard to achieve, man.


Of course Rob knows how to Google.. thats where he gets his ideas from!!

Still you cant dismiss that his execution is very good. He might not be good at reinventing the wheel, but he can put some nice rims on the store bought ones. And apparently thats what wooters want to buy, as he keeps winning derbies and selling shirts.

Remind me to go to threadless before my next derby entry...

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Patchitect wrote:Still you cant dismiss that his execution is very good. He might not be good at reinventing the wheel, but he can put some nice rims on the store bought ones. And apparently thats what wooters want to buy, as he keeps winning derbies and selling shirts.


I absolutely disagree that his execution is good- it might be Woot-friendly, but so far I've preferred the work he's copied every time. Especially with the folding shirt, which is an aesthetic abomination.

To illustrate this, here's a link to the Threadless folding shirt. You'll note that it is attractive both folded and unfolded, and that folding it is actually a surprise because, unlike Rob's, you can't just read the words across the top.

Patchitect wrote:Remind me to go to threadless before my next derby entry...


I think Rob's "success" will only lead to more of this, which is why Woot needs to be quicker on the trigger with eliminating this garbage. Original shirts are Woot's reason for being, man. I'd be embarrassed to be using such unoriginal ideas, whether it was intentional or not.

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Patchitect wrote:Of course Rob knows how to Google.. thats where he gets his ideas from!!

Still you cant dismiss that his execution is very good. He might not be good at reinventing the wheel, but he can put some nice rims on the store bought ones. And apparently thats what wooters want to buy, as he keeps winning derbies and selling shirts.

Remind me to go to threadless before my next derby entry...

If you believe that Patch, you have a pretty low standard.
Wooters need to be informed, and most of all the original artists. Stop robbing originality rob. You're what, 40? ffs.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
geekfactor12 wrote:I think Rob's "success" will only lead to more of this, which is why Woot needs to be quicker on the trigger with eliminating this garbage. Original shirts are Woot's reason for being, man. I'd be embarrassed to be using such unoriginal ideas, whether it was intentional or not.



Well - i hadnt seen the folding shirt before. the only one i've followed before was the aargyle one, and that one was well done for what it was.

I have seen the folding message thing done on a number of things before, including cards, shirts, towels, etc. so you can t point to just the threadless peice as its direct copy.. However, just because an idea is a worn tried and true thing, doesnt mean it should be placed in a derby..

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
jamescho84 wrote:If you believe that Patch, you have a pretty low standard.
Wooters need to be informed, and most of all the original artists. Stop robbing originality rob. You're what, 40? ffs.


I seriously need to start using the </sarcasm> tag.....

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Patchitect wrote:Well - i hadnt seen the folding shirt before. the only one i've followed before was the aargyle one, and that one was well done for what it was.

I have seen the folding message thing done on a number of things before, including cards, shirts, towels, etc. so you can t point to just the threadless peice as its direct copy.. However, just because an idea is a worn tried and true thing, doesnt mean it should be placed in a derby..

I've seen the folding thing done on paper.. never on shirts (except for the threadless one).

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Patchitect wrote:I have seen the folding message thing done on a number of things before, including cards, shirts, towels, etc. so you can t point to just the threadless peice as its direct copy.. However, just because an idea is a worn tried and true thing, doesnt mean it should be placed in a derby..


I can, actually. Rob admitted to having seen it. Also, to the best of my knowledge the folding shirt idea had never been printed before. If you can point to other examples, that might make it somewhat less of a crime, but the fact is that the Threadless one "inspired" Rob.

Both here and at Threadless, part of the reason that the folding shirts scored so highly was because of the perceived originality of the concept. The fact that the Woot version isn't even original makes it pretty lame- and judging by the sales, the art itself didn't do much to sell the shirt.

jamescho84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
quijibo666 wrote:I will not stand for this talk sir!!!! You're LOGIC and REASON and FACTS make my soul scream for mercy. Why don't you just punch an angel in the throat! And while you're at it RobGlenn (If that IS your REAL name).... why don't you just die!

Aren't you, along with gutsmasher (kenney?) RobGlenn's coworkers? I'm asking because you don't seem to have any logic at all.
You really do need to stick up for people you have to work with everyday. I agree.

quijibo666


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
jamescho84 wrote:Aren't you, along with gutsmasher (kenney?) RobGlenn's coworkers? I'm asking because you don't seem to have any logic at all.
You really do need to stick up for people you have to work with everyday. I agree.



Dear JamesCho84:

Thanks for assuming that I work at the awesome factory like those guys (I hear gut smasher is Head Awesomer), but the cold hard facts are that I break into peoples houses to post illogical posts on message boards on their computer window screens while pointing out things people don't want to hear. Like this nugget:

AIDs kills........the mood!

Or my all time Favorite:

You are a troll..... and your little dog too!

Wait.. I meant to put that last one on a shirt..............

Signed,

Your Pal,

And friend,

no seriously, I love you,

Like not in a creepy way, but like you like giraffe-like kids who pee themselves,

-quijibo666

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
quijibo666 wrote:Dear JamesCho84:

Thanks for assuming that I work at the awesome factory like those guys (I hear gut smasher is Head Awesomer), but the cold hard facts are that I break into peoples houses to post illogical posts on message boards on their computer window screens while pointing out things people don't want to hear. Like this nugget:

AIDs kills........the mood!

Or my all time Favorite:

You are a troll..... and your little dog too!

Wait.. I meant to put that last one on a shirt..............

Signed,

Your Pal,

And friend,

no seriously, I love you,

Like not in a creepy way, but like you like giraffe-like kids who pee themselves,

-quijibo666


Wow, fantastic. I love when people admit that their arguments are nonsensical, and then go on to imply that other people giraffe-like and trolls.

You, sir, are a true credit to XM.

ps- how interesting that the "things people don't want to hear" are, coincidently, arguments that make no sense. Perhaps that's why no one wants to hear them?

quijibo666


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
geekfactor12 wrote:Wow, fantastic. I love when people admit that their arguments are nonsensical, and then go on to imply that other people giraffe-like and trolls.

You, sir, are a true credit to XM.

ps- how interesting that the "things people don't want to hear" are, coincidently, arguments that make no sense. Perhaps that's why no one wants to hear them?



Dear geekfactor12:

It's good to hear everything is going well in your neck of the woods. Over here, not so much: We had to put down mom. She just wouldn’t go quietly.

Isn't it funny how people will fight tooth and nail for even the littlest bit of ground to make a point. Even when the cold fish of reality slaps them in the face they won't back down. They just take what you say and hear what they want.

Take mom for instance: She kept saying we were 'out to get her', when the whole sentence was "Mom, we're out to get your money"...

Did you hear I started a blog?!? I blog blogging t-shirt blogs. One day I hope to be as big as that Perez Hilton guy or that fat guy who knows a lot about Star Wars (I didn’t mean for that to be a hilarious pun, it just worked out that way). They say if you can't, then you teach. I've come to grips with that. I just hope that fat guy stops trying to wear the princess bikini!

Anyway, I should run. It's good to know you're such a good pal to look out for me. The internet is a big scary place!

Your friend forever,

-quijibo666

PS:

I'll never figure out this woot thing. When you type a word like r e t a r d e d it spells out 'giraffe-like'. I wonder what it will say if I type 'bludernuts'?!

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
quijibo666 wrote:Dear geekfactor12:

Total nonsense, blah blah blah.

Your friend forever,

-quijibo666


I hate letting an argument drop, but I almost have to here. I literally don't know what you're saying. Is it a metaphor? For what? Help me out, friend of friends.

Since that all reads as nonsense to me, I'll leave you with a bit of my own nonsense:

Won fish too fish, read fish blew fish.

It's original poetry, inspired by your friend and mine, Rob Glenn. I hope you like it!

Shirter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
geekfactor12 wrote:I hate letting an argument drop, but I almost have to here. I literally don't know what you're saying. Is it a metaphor? For what? Help me out, friend of friends.

Since that all reads as nonsense to me, I'll leave you with a bit of my own nonsense:

Won fish too fish, read fish blew fish.

It's original poetry, inspired by your friend and mine, Rob Glenn. I hope you like it!


I once knew a man from nantucket...
Who entered a Derby with a bucket..
to the fog he did get,
but when rejected said %$&#
and on the forum he only said.....

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

BanderMort


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BanderMort
Re: Forcible Peace


I like the original threadless version better. Not that I would ever wear a peace sign. Last time I checked it wasn’t 1972.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Shirter wrote:I once knew a man from nantucket...
Who entered a Derby with a bucket..
to the fog he did get,
but when rejected said %$&#
and on the forum he only said.....


I think I've heard that one before!

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Shirter wrote:I once knew a man from nantucket...
Who entered a Derby with a bucket..
to the fog he did get,
but when rejected said %$&#
and on the forum he only said.....


Twas two nights before Christmas,
and all through out woot,
not a person was working,
they didn't give a hoot,

The woot had sold out,
and were packaged to go
so they were all on their rumps,
cause smart post was so slow.

The Derbiests were stumping
just as hard as they can
in the hopes that more votes
would be given off hand.

And i was wrapping
gifts by the score
a couple from woot
but most from the store

When out on the porch
there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my knees
to see what was the matter

When what to my wondering
Eyes should appear,
But a little mail truck,
pulled by 2 cylinders and gears.

And a little old man,
just this side of dead,
I knew in an instant
it must be ole Fred

On lefty on righty.
On putt putt on wheeze
he called out to his chariot
and suppressed a big sneeze

He pulled up to my driveway,
then creaked with a groan,
to the back of his truck
he muttered and moaned

And dropped in the mail box
Woot boxes, big and small
there was no way to contain them.
no, no way at all..

He tossed them right out
and left them lying there
then turned back to his steering wheel
and drove off without care.

But i heard him exclaim
as he slugged Woot Cellars Humbug
Happy wooting to all,
but don't be cheap, use Fed Ex next time you Mother-%^&*$%^$!

*EDIT: Let no one ever say i can't write...


AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Patchitect wrote:

*EDIT: Let no one ever say i can't write...


since I'm NOT no1, am I allowed to say it? :P

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
AttilaTheMom wrote:since I'm NOT no1, am I allowed to say it? :P

No - you can't... it says "let 'No one' say i cant write" so unless you're no one..

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal

*EDIT: Let no one ever say i can't write...[/quote]

Written by the man with 2 Woots...hehehee

L O L...very cute Patch

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Patchitect wrote:Twas two nights before Christmas,
and all through out woot,
not a person was working,
they didn't give a hoot...


Heh, that really cracked me up. Nice work, Patch!

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Patchitect wrote:No - you can't... it says "let 'No one' say i cant write" so unless you're no one..


where's no1 when we need him, hmmm?

but it was pretty funny anyway patch. :P

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
AttilaTheMom wrote:where's no1 when we need him, hmmm?

but it was pretty funny anyway patch. :P


Its usually Snarky's job!

Shirter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shirter
AttilaTheMom wrote:where's no1 when we need him, hmmm?

but it was pretty funny anyway patch. :P

Snarkygirl:*EDIT: Let no one ever say i can't write...

Written by the man with 2 Woots...hehehee

L O L...very cute Patch



Ive got no purchases, do i count as no one?

<Insert witticism or obnoxious image here...>

keyser520


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
Patchitect wrote:Wow keyser... thats.. um... well..

Wow...


Yeah....I didn't realize that was posting under his shirt. I thought that would show up on the forum thread, but not under here as well...so:::

<Commercial Break Removed by Keyser520 because I didn't realize it would post it under this shirt. I thought I was posting in the forum... and I didn't feel right leaving an add for my shirt in the post under his shirt>

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Patchitect wrote:
*EDIT: Let no one ever say i can't write...


VERY cute and clever, Patch! I love it =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
BanderMort wrote:I like the original threadless version better. Not that I would ever wear a peace sign. Last time I checked it wasn’t 1972.


in all honesty, this one is better executed, and I really want to buy it, but i also don't want to support mr. glenn's plagiarism. quite the conundrum.

BDV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
brizz wrote:in all honesty, this one is better executed, and I really want to buy it, but i also don't want to support mr. glenn's plagiarism. quite the conundrum.


I agree. I'd still like to buy the shirt though. It's also not fair to bash the shirt for using 'clip-art' or stock photos (someone did ... earlier). I mean, lots of people use stock photos (namely, the threadless shirt in question), that's what they're for!

EDIT: also, the threadless one is orange...and white....bleh!

BDV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BDV
Patchitect wrote:Sheer awesomeness


Thanks.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
BDV wrote:Thanks.



Thats funny - i dont recall saying Sheer awesoeness....

EDIT: or were you replacing the long post with "sheer awesomeness" in which case.. thank YOU..

AnGeLiCbOrIs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Forcible Peace


It looks like woot is not rejecting this 'cuz it is such a slow derby. They need to sell something.

DvyJns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DvyJns
geekfactor12 wrote:
Won fish too fish, read fish blew fish.


hehe

Krud


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krud
Re: Forcible Peace


Looks great, i want!

'5' W00Ts so far.
Victory Car Wax | Philips 2.1 Speaker System | Soyo FreeStyler 500 Bluetooth Headset | Random scaffolding: 2008 Calendar Edition | Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Sound Card | Sandisk Sansa c250 2GB MP3 Player

'4' Shirt.W00T so far:
Random Shirt x2 ---- Alice Painting Caterpillar --- 1988: The Human Genome Project --- Discovery of Water on the Moon

TRICYCLENE


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRICYCLENE
shamloo wrote:what word is this?


"WWW.GUN.WOOT.COM"...hopefully.

esupin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages esupin

Rejected? Too bad...

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
esupin wrote:Rejected? Too bad...


woooow rejected.... i was rooting for this one big time, i can't believe they rejected it

Please check it out

albinofury


quality posts: 0 Private Messages albinofury
Bryan818 wrote:woooow rejected.... i was rooting for this one big time, i can't believe they rejected it


Same, I dont get it, it was rejected because somewhere else someone made a peace sign out of other stuff? Plus that shirt costs 42 bucks geez!

sumerland3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumerland3
Re: Forcible Peace


What the heck, this got rejected because of some really lame shirt that constructed a peace sign out of acme looking weapons? In that case why not get rid of the multiple blame storm shirts that have a lightning bolt that looks like a pointing finger? Clearly those are no less like each other than these two shirts. A truly awesome shirt that makes a statement rather than something that is just funny with pirates or ninjas makes it into the top 4 and gets rejected for unsubstantial reasons. You disappoint me woot.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sumerland3 wrote:What the heck, this got rejected because of some really lame shirt that constructed a peace sign out of acme looking weapons? In that case why not get rid of the multiple blame storm shirts that have a lightning bolt that looks like a pointing finger? Clearly those are no less like each other than these two shirts. A truly awesome shirt that makes a statement rather than something that is just funny with pirates or ninjas makes it into the top 4 and gets rejected for unsubstantial reasons. You disappoint me woot.


It was simply the only one which has been printed. Submissions with higher similarity can be found below:

Threadless Submission, 11/2005
Threadless Submission, 11/2007
Threadless Submission, 8/2007
(You'll note that the guns in that last one are pretty much identical)

There are also many other, less similar designs with the exact same concept. I think Woot rejected this on a more tenuous design only because the others haven't officially been printed, but I'd say the designs above were far more damning evidence. Especially since they were all posted for votes before December (and mostly WELL before December).

ranebwbrite


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ranebwbrite

That sucks... I really wanted this one.

sagnam


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagnam
ranebwbrite wrote:That sucks... I really wanted this one.


Poor judgment strikes again. The good news is I don't have to send $10 to woot, the bad new is I don't need the $10 so I will wind up sending somewhere else.

I think the mods are forming "friendships" with some of the more vocal regular designers here and allowing them to influence the rejections.

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
sagnam wrote:Poor judgment strikes again. The good news is I don't have to send $10 to woot, the bad new is I don't need the $10 so I will wind up sending somewhere else.

I think the mods are forming "friendships" with some of the more vocal regular designers here and allowing them to influence the rejections.


It was a design by a vocal regular designer--one with multiple wins. I think your conspiracy mongering is ill-placed.

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail

Whoa there buckaroo!

If you wanna vote, you need to first. Be sure to using an account with at least one purchase, otherwise you won't be able to participate. Sorry we called you buckaroo.