Derby #28: Quitter!
+144

True Love Never Quits

True Love Never Quits
add a comment

Comments

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: True Love Never Quits


As promised one contemporary collaged abstract for your viewing pleasure.

A romantic, flirty, contemporary design stating that while other forms of love may quit, "true love" never quits. The weath in the background is made by layering the title's text in a circle to reinforce the idea that it never quits.

Keep on believing! I appreciate your votes.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
klswoot wrote:As promised one contemporary collaged abstract for your viewing pleasure.

A romantic, flirty, contemporary design for those that know that "true love never quits". The weath in the background is made by layering the title's text. Keep on believing! I appreciate your votes.


YAY

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: True Love Never Quits


Beautiful!!! I love it!

Failoan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Failoan
Re: True Love Never Quits


I love the design, but unfortunately it's a little too girly for me to wear. But still gmv.

AlvinPing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
Re: True Love Never Quits


Lookin good kristen

  • Alvin

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: True Love Never Quits


this is the opposite of quitting....and they've already axed a few that have non-quitting messages.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: True Love Never Quits


2thFairy wrote:Beautiful!!! I love it!


Failoan wrote:I love the design, but unfortunately it's a little too girly for me to wear. But still gmv.


AlvinPing wrote:Lookin good kristen


Thanks Guys! Originally it was rose, sage and cream and looked a little too festive. It still probably has a bit of a romantic, feminine flair to it. But, that would make it perfect for the women to buy.....or for the men to buy for their Valentine. So, that can make everybody happy.

Thanks for the votes on the cat one too! That one has more than the snails and I thought the snail one would have been the vote-getter. I just never know.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
brizz wrote:this is the opposite of quitting....and they've already axed a few that have non-quitting messages.


I don't see any rejected entries for being the opposite of quitting. I see ones that are off-theme and don't have any relation to quitting. Or where the quitting reference isn't clearly visible on the shirt.

I recall during the consumerism derby nearly all the entries were anti-consumerism. In the dreams derby, many people submitted shirts related to nightmares. They were just as valid and were on topic. We can't all be pessimists. Someone's gotta show a little love.

CAMMS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: True Love Never Quits


I like this a lot. I would have loved it in the rose, sage and cream! Voted!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
CAMMS wrote:I like this a lot. I would have loved it in the rose, sage and cream! Voted!


I was tempted to keep those colors, but it really made the 'wreath of words' look like a Christmas wreath and I didn't want that effect. Thank you for your vote! Glad you were finally able to find the derby entries. Once you're off the shirt.woot main page, it can be tough to find the entries.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
klswoot wrote:I don't see any rejected entries for being the opposite of quitting. I see ones that are off-theme and don't have any relation to quitting. Or where the quitting reference isn't clearly visible on the shirt.

I recall during the consumerism derby nearly all the entries were anti-consumerism. In the dreams derby, many people submitted shirts related to nightmares. They were just as valid and were on topic. We can't all be pessimists. Someone's gotta show a little love.


hmm. I don't know if I buy it. The theme is about 'quitters'. not the act of quitting. Of course true love never quits- it wouldn't be 'true' if it quit. I can't see the relation to quitters, myself.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Josephus wrote:hmm. I don't know if I buy it. The theme is about 'quitters'. not the act of quitting. Of course true love never quits- it wouldn't be 'true' if it quit. I can't see the relation to quitters, myself.


Josephus- I understand what you are saying. But, in the context of how it is written, it is confirming that other forms of love may quit, but 'true love never quits'. By identifying a particular type of love, I think I allowed for the possibility of failure in other forms of love. The point that I was trying to make was that relationships may cease to exist or love based on fraud, lies, material possessions, etc. may quit over time, but true love can endure anything.

Perhaps it is too positive a statement for this derby. If so, that's too bad. At this point, I'm probably the queen of rejected entries, so that's okay.

goldnndrkness


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
Re: True Love Never Quits


i love it! gmv

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
goldnndrkness wrote:i love it! gmv


I appreciate it! Thank you kindly!

6walnuts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 6walnuts
klswoot wrote:I was tempted to keep those colors, but it really made the 'wreath of words' look like a Christmas wreath and I didn't want that effect. Thank you for your vote! Glad you were finally able to find the derby entries. Once you're off the shirt.woot main page, it can be tough to find the entries.


It is a wonderful design. Any chance you can come up with a different shirt color? The gray is a bit boring.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
6walnuts wrote:It is a wonderful design. Any chance you can come up with a different shirt color? The gray is a bit boring.


I tried this on a couple different backgrounds and the gray won out. I had submitted 5 designs this week on various colors. I'll play around with more color next derby. Thanks!

AlexIAm


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: True Love Never Quits


Another beautiful shirt kls... love the colors!

>insert funny quote here<

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AlexIAm wrote:Another beautiful shirt kls... love the colors!


Thanks Alex. Just got beat by the fencers who are slamming through the entries and taking names along the way. No love for "true love". When are we going to see another AlexIAm original in the derby?

AlexIAm


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
klswoot wrote:Thanks Alex. Just got beat by the fencers who are slamming through the entries and taking names along the way. No love for "true love". When are we going to see another AlexIAm original in the derby?


Probably not for a while... busy season at work... *sigh*

>insert funny quote here<

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: True Love Never Quits

Aahhh...lost a spot to the scrabble board! Happy that Jaden moved into the 10th spot. Hopefully that will gain you a shirtderby badge.

Good luck to all the foggers and close contenders in these last few derby hours. Kind of a strange derby this week. I honestly can't predict the order this week. All of been in the hotness for long periods of time. Don't know what to expect in the ranking. Any predictions?

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: True Love Never Quits


I'm sad this isn't doing better. It's so beautiful and probably the only one in the derby I'd actually drop $$ on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
SailorButterfly wrote:I'm sad this isn't doing better. It's so beautiful and probably the only one in the derby I'd actually drop $$ on.


Thanks Sailor Butterfly! I appreciate the kind words. Would have made a nice Valentine shirt, but it wasn't meant to be this week.

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: True Love Never Quits


1) I love your design and I love that it is a positive message even in a derby named "Quitter"
2) Kls, you are like Obiwan Kenobe to my Luke Sky Walker. And I fully realize how nerdy of a statement that is! Thanks again for your help.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Beefcoat wrote:1) I love your design and I love that it is a positive message even in a derby named "Quitter"
2) Kls, you are like Obiwan Kenobe to my Luke Sky Walker. And I fully realize how nerdy of a statement that is! Thanks again for your help.


Awww! Beefcoat. Thank you! I will gladly be your Obiwan! I was happy to help where I could. Not a problem! Best of luck with your entry during this last few hours. I'm rooting for you!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail