The Derby is active and ready for your submissions and voting.
Do you ever wonder what the Aeneid would look like in 8-bit? What do you mean "no?" This week, we want you to turn a PUBLIC DOMAIN literary classic into a video game. If you're anything like us, your long-dormant-high-school-self is probably elated right about now.
-No creme tees!!But listen up, buckaroo! This is an upcoming Derby preview! Wanna get a head start on the next two derbies?
Derby #370: Adorable (Launches 8/22)
We want to see some cute stuff, and we want to see it now. Also no creme tees.
Derby #371: Everyday Businesses of Famous Characters (Launches 8/29)
Show us famous characters at work in everyday jobs. Think about company logos and such. (Remember the copyright rules, and yep, no creme tees!)
Good luck, Shirters!
Only users who have made at least one purchase at any Woot site may vote in the Derby. If that’s you, just click “I’d Want One” next to any designs that catch your fancy. You can vote for as many different designs as you like, but only once per design. If you don’t see the “I’d Want One” buttons next to the designs, you’re either not logged in, or you’ve never bought anything from Woot. Go log in and/or buy something if you want to vote.
- Thursday at noon: Derby theme is announced
- following Friday at noon: Derby opens for submissions and voting
- following Wednesday at noon: submissions close
- following Thursday at noon: voting closes, winner announced
- following Friday at midnight: 1st place for sale on Shirt.Woot
- following Saturday at midnight: 2nd place for sale on Shirt.Woot
- following Sunday at midnight: 3rd place for sale on Shirt.Woot
- following Monday at midnight: Honorable Mentions Plus Sale launches