AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Anyone else think this is kinda hideous? More functional, maybe, but it really looks too clunky to me to be overly helpful.

And seriously, I don't believe for one second woot needs THIS MANY FREAKING ADS.

cwarrington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwarrington

Volunteer Moderator

Meh, cant please everyone I guess... But I love it.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

It doesn't even all fit on my screen! I have to scroll sideways. That's way too much energy for me.

Although, I'm sure in about an hour I won't care at all.

Carpe shirtem!

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

I kinda like it myself. But not everyone has widescreen displays. I'd hate to have to scroll sideways just to view everything.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
AdderXYU wrote:Anyone else think this is kinda hideous? More functional, maybe, but it really looks too clunky to me to be overly helpful.

And seriously, I don't believe for one second woot needs THIS MANY FREAKING ADS.

Firefox with adblock. I'm telling you, it's the only way to surf. ;-)

I don't like that the page is wider than the monitor. I have a wide monitor at home, but I spend most of my time on Woot at work, where I just have 2 regular monitors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

Also...where's the side deal?

(besides in the community)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trekmiss

SailorButterfly wrote:Firefox with adblock. I'm telling you, it's the only way to surf. ;-)

I don't like that the page is wider than the monitor. I have a wide monitor at home, but I spend most of my time on Woot at work, where I just have 2 regular monitors.

Firefox with adblock is amazing. I wasn't even aware there were ads on the page!

SailorButterfly

One more complaint...

The front page says "The derby is closed. Thanks for voting in this week's derby!"

Uh, voting's not over yet...

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

It's too wide! And they make it sound like the Derby is totally over. Maybe change the wording?

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@Sailor - Jinx!

trekmiss

SailorButterfly wrote:Also...where's the side deal?

(besides in the community)

The side deal is in a little box by the shirt description.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Whoa, man. I'm freaking out. There's just so much to look at... It fills my big monitor at work... *unpleasantly mesmerized*

Also, I just installed ad blocker, and it kicks ass.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Blue, Blue... Happy-happyists have taken shirt.woot.

I don't like how it capslocks the names of the derby shirts, otherwise I imagine I'll get used to it.

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson

When the new page first loaded up for me, all of the entries for the derby were rejected. Pretty crazy looking!

chenstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chenstar

I love it. It looks great. :D

SailorButterfly

trekmiss wrote:The side deal is in a little box by the shirt description.

Ok, thanks. I was too used to it constantly being at the top of the page, wherever I was on shirt.woot.

They'll need to change this, then: "See that white box up there at the very top? With the words "side deal" in it? Talk about that in here."

It says that at the top of the Shirt Side Deals Community section.

crooky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crooky

I like all of the new content.

I have no issues with the page width (I am on widescreen)

Privoxy takes care of all the unnecessary ads

About the ads though...really? You really need that many ads? I mean I know you guys sell one of the cheapest tshirts on the internet, but seriously...

Maybe some different font sizes, or formatting would help with the cluttered look

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

I sort of like it, but it looks like a LOT of text, for some reason. Also, it looks like the pages are unloaded. I'll get used to it.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

I hate it! I hate it! It looks so cluttered. And it's too much looking from left to right to left to right. And the dividing down the middle looks very odd when you look at the derby entries, especially when you scroll down a bit and there's no content on the right side of the screen. Hmmmph.

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus

I'm glad the shirt.woot kept the blue treatment. I'm trying to like the new layout...I think I will as soon as I get used to it.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
iris420 wrote:It doesn't even all fit on my screen! I have to scroll sideways. That's way too much energy for me.

Although, I'm sure in about an hour I won't care at all.

I couldn't have said it better! (You got me laughing and I woke my dogs up!)

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus

I also like the "Today's Woot Creator" blurb.

wjmoss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wjmoss

Ahhh, it doesn't fit on my (17" CRT) screen either!

Every other website I frequent fits - what gives?

bradyson

wjmoss wrote:Ahhh, it doesn't fit on my (17" CRT) screen either!

Every other website I frequent fits - what gives?

I "zoomed out" and it fits, but I have good eyes, for now...

SailorButterfly

I gotta say, I love the little Derby and Reckoning icons on the front page. lol

If they're going to have the blurbs for all of the artists, it'd be nice if they made an effort to collect some website urls from Derby winners too.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Other than some graphical changes and minor moves, the layout and content feel about the same to me. I think it's an improvement. I just had to get used to The Onion's A.V. Club redux and THAT was a bad redesign. This feels more modern, but familiar. I haven't had to hunt for where I want to go, all the navigation stuff is still in the same general places and in the same order. I'm not having any problems with it being too wide, and I've got standard width monitors. Maybe your resolution is set low?

Oh yeah and I'm not crazy about the ads, but if it helps keep woot in business for many more years to come, I'm not complaining.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes

Is anyone else digging the fact that there is a link to the derby on the front page now. Sah-weet. No more typing in /derby!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

i'll get used to it, though i'm gonna miss the ol' basic look. at least this light blue is better than the pea green on the main site.

DarkSideMoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkSideMoon

I don't really mind the layout, but I can't stand the color scheme. It's kind of abrasive on my eyes.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

DarkSideMoon wrote:I don't really mind the layout, but I can't stand the color scheme. It's kind of abrasive on my eyes.

That would be my one complaint: The white lettering on the time and date posts are made are hard to see on the baby blue header. Other than that I like the new blue.

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
DarkSideMoon wrote:I don't really mind the layout, but I can't stand the color scheme. It's kind of abrasive on my eyes.

ageed on the color scheme. I liked the old shirt.woot page better, but the side pages (blog, community etc) look waaay better in the new layout (other than the awkward colors), and i guess the homepage should match. My only other major complaint is that there should be some sort of blog archive.
Back to exploring!!!

edit: just noticed the button to view the full sized shirts in the community page. very nice
edit again: just checked out the derby page. I think the blog thing on the side is unnecessary and annoying.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

does anyone know how to get to the last post in a thread now? and yes, i am slow.

tiernane

KaylaJ wrote:does anyone know how to get to the last post in a thread now? and yes, i am slow.

On larger threads (scroll down a bit on the page) you can still click on the page number, if that's what you're asking about

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
AdderXYU wrote:Anyone else think this is kinda hideous? More functional, maybe, but it really looks too clunky to me to be overly helpful.

ahh this is what I thought right off the bat. but no one cares what I think. right adder?

bradyson

I wonder what probation looks like on the new layout...

tiernane

gah. checked out the older shirts. The button was bouncing... doesnt really make sense. Also, the reckoning rank being not at the top of the page and having to scroll down is not user friendly

SailorButterfly

bradyson wrote:I "zoomed out" and it fits, but I have good eyes, for now...

That works, I just have to remember to do it anytime I close my browser and come back.

ya2sabes wrote:Is anyone else digging the fact that there is a link to the derby on the front page now. Sah-weet. No more typing in /derby!

There's always been a derby link on the front page. It was a whole paragraph on the right side of the page saying things like "think you can do better than today's design?" "check out our derby", etc. And it would say if the derby was open or closed.

The little blurbs to the left of where you type a post are funny.

Yeah! You Tell `Em

You're not gonna sit there and let that jerkface get away with saying that, are you?

On Second Thought...

That wasn't really what you meant to say, was it? Hurry up and change it before anybody notices.

lol

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Now that I'm on a huge fancy monitor at a University computer, I have to say it's not so bad. When I'm squinting at home on my tiny laptop (where I do most of my squinting), it feels more cumbersome.

Carpe shirtem!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

I really hate the color of the border, forever babyblue ...yuk.

klawrence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
trekmiss wrote:Firefox with adblock is amazing. I wasn't even aware there were ads on the page!

Ha! neither did I!
I like the site, but again... I didn't see all these supposed ads.
This format works much better on my phone too.