shortfuse21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortfuse21
Re: Dragon Scouts

GMV not fond of red but I like it none the less.

lchurch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lchurch
Re: BBQ Coat of Arms

So when can I buy it?

shortfuse21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortfuse21
Re: Roasted Mr. Cuddles

GMV chuckled for a good 30 seconds at work.

Jussslic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jussslic
Re: Summer Time...at the beach.

This shirt is AWESOME. Can't imagine how it doesn't have more votes... well, got mine anyway...

q4myJC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages q4myJC
allibogart wrote:

hoho, THIS IS AWESOME!

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10
Re: The Last BBQ

great idea

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral
Re: Mongolian BBQ

Love this dragon and really want this shirt. How fun and on red too!

The final coloring of the design turned out beautiful. Great job!

jasonhorne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonhorne

seriously. this shirt is hilarious.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Overindulgence

Each one of these grills has such character. My favorite is the one on the right with the lighter fluid. I've been there, man. XD

theinfinityloop

Re: BearBQ

This shirt is beautiful. I'm really impressed that you were able to do something artsy with this theme. Nice job!

theinfinityloop

Re: S'moregyle

This might be simple and not-so-bbq-ish, but it's really making me want some S'mores! I can taste them when I look at this!

LightSpiral

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LightSpiral
Re: People Eater Treats

The coloring on this turned out fantastically vivid! So glad you kept the green background over the cream.

I hope this one makes it to the top because I will be buying one! GMV

[I also love shirts that make people randomly burst out into song!]

theinfinityloop

Re: Into the Fiery Pit

Neat way to use the shirt color!

cleftor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleftor

Great concept! GMV!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Jae87 wrote:Another that falls into my "Simple, yet awesome" category.

Thanks. I just wish more people agreed with us! Its hard because there are so many sick illustrations on this site, but very few that I think I would want to be seen wearing.

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
savagelizard wrote:This one rocks! Why do people always vote for stupid Kazaam (1996) and shirts I would actually buy fall by the way side. Argh!

I was just hoping to stay above the 25th place mark. Couldn't even do that. :-\

TalonMoonwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TalonMoonwolf
Re: Father's Day Cookout

Too bad this one has been rejected! It's my favourite one here.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fifey157 wrote:It was too good for Woot anyways. I'll vote/buy this somewhere else! Just tell me where!

I believe there is still a 60 day hold on the design from the day it was submitted, regardless of the rejection. The only difference is it can be resubmitted to another derby without edits, assuming it fits the theme.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

stpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpaul

You guys barbecue crabs in Maryland?

jr4284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jr4284

Great design,

But I'd never wear it. Who really would? embrangles that there are a lot of designs just out of the fog that are really wearable, but this is in the fog, yet really isn't wearable, IMO.

Great design tho.

fifey157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
superspryte wrote:I believe there is still a 60 day hold on the design from the day it was submitted, regardless of the rejection. The only difference is it can be resubmitted to another derby without edits, assuming it fits the theme.

chocolatey. I always heard that rejected entries have no hold. But that was never official...

Voox84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Voox84
mitchellp wrote:I realize its a little late for submitting a shirt design, but I really liked this idea. I think it turned out pretty good. If you like it too, please give me a vote. Thanks!

Edit: Dohhh!! I just realized I titled my design "Whose Hungry" instead of "Who's Hungry" while I was in my stupor late last night. Please forgive me Miss Grammar and fellow Wooters. Thanks!

I love the design, unfortunately, I wouldn't want a shirt with a big ol' spelling mistake on it. Sorry man-- resubmit!

Insomnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Insomnix
re: marinade made easy

Ahh! thank you for the input. I will remove the text and just leave it to the imagination. the text is rasterized as a BLACK layer, but I agree, I'll remove it. Ooo!

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Voox84 wrote:I love the design, unfortunately, I wouldn't want a shirt with a big ol' spelling mistake on it. Sorry man-- resubmit!

The text isn't on the design.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fifey157 wrote:chocolatey. I always heard that rejected entries have no hold. But that was never official...

From the submission page T&C:

Agreement

Thank you in advance for submitting your sample artwork (the “Artwork”) to Woot, Inc. (“Woot”). This Agreement details the terms and conditions between Woot and you (the “Artist”) concerning your submission of Artwork to Woot.

1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner. All materials sent to Woot will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. Because Woot receives many submissions, Woot cannot be held liable if it reproduces or commissions artwork similar to yours but which has come from another source.

2. *snipped for relevance*

3. *snip*

4. Withdrawal of Artwork by Artist. Artist may, at Artist’s discretion, withdraw from further voting in Woot’s Derby an Artwork previously submitted for voting in Woot’s Derby within 24 hours from the time of submission of Artwork by Artist or no later than the published close of the submission period, whichever occurs first. Withdrawal of an Artwork by Artist within the provisions stated herein shall not diminish, void or otherwise affect Artist’s grant of rights to Woot in Sections 1, 5, or 6 of this Agreement nor any of Artist’s obligations and assurances to Woot under this Agreement.

5. *snippity snip*

6. Term of Agreement. (a) This Agreement terminates 60 days from the submission of the Artwork if during that 60-day period Woot disclaims any interest in using the Artwork or does not inform Artist of its intent to use the Artwork. If this Agreement is terminated during the initial 60-day period, neither Artist nor Woot shall retain any obligations under Sections 6, 7, or 8 of this Agreement. (b) Notwithstanding subsection (a), this Agreement terminates 180 days from the submission of the Artwork if: (i) Woot nominates the Artwork as a Best of Derby entry; and (ii) Artist consents to such participation; and (iii) the Artwork is not produced as a result of participation in the Best of Derby for which the Artwork was nominated. (c) This Agreement becomes perpetual unless subsequently terminated by Woot if (i) during the 60-day period Woot informs Artist of Woot’s intent to use the Artwork, or (ii) the Artwork is produced as a result of participation in a Best of Derby event.

7. Copyright Ownership. Artist retains copyright ownership of the Artwork submitted to Woot. Woot may, at Woot’s discretion and expense, register the Artwork with the U.S. Copyright Office in the Artist’s name. Woot may record the license granted to it in this Agreement, and Artist agrees to assist Woot as necessary with such recordation, including by executing any documents related to the recordation that Woot may reasonably request.

8. Grant Of Rights. Artist grants Woot the exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, right and license to use, reproduce, print, publish, publicly display, transmit, market, sell, distribute, and sublicense the Artwork in all forms and media now known or hereafter developed. Woot may make or authorize non-substantive changes to the Artwork to prepare it for production use.

9. Non-competition. Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner with the sole exception that Artist may display or incorporate the Artwork in a personal portfolio or collection for promotional purposes related to Artist’s work.

10. *snip*

11. *snip*

12. *snip*

13. *snip*

14. Termination. Woot may terminate this Agreement for any reason immediately upon written notice to Artist. If Woot terminates this Agreement for any reason other than Artist’s breach of the Agreement, Artist shall be entitled to retain the amounts paid to Artist up to the date of such termination and shall not be entitled to any further compensation. If Woot terminates this Agreement as a result of Artist’s breach of the Agreement, Artist shall return all amounts paid to Artist hereunder. Upon such repayment, all rights granted to Woot under this Agreement shall terminate, and Woot shall have no further obligation of any kind to Artist.

15. General Provisions. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the executors, administrators, heirs, and assigns of the Artist and Woot. Any notices permitted or required under this Agreement shall be deemed sufficient if sent via email to shirtlegal@woot.com and email receipt is acknowledged by Woot. Woot shall communicate with Artist via email address provided by Artist. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between parties, and may not be modified or terminated other than by a writing executed by both parties. If one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is held invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired. The waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement, regardless of the number or extent of such waivers, shall not be construed as a modification of this Agreement or as a waiver of any other breach of that provision or of any other provision of this Agreement. If, in the opinion of either party, the other has breached this Agreement, the such party shall notify the other in writing of that breach, which shall not be a ground for any action, claim, or proceeding unless the alleged breach has not been substantially cured within thirty (30) days after receipt of notice. In the event of Woot’s breach, Artist may seek damages only; in no event shall the Artist be entitled to interfere with, enjoin, or otherwise restrain Woot’s exclusive right to use and incorporate the Artwork on or in apparel, garments, and other items. This Agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws and in the state and federal courts of the State of Texas, and both parties consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction, and waive any objections to the venue, of such courts.

Nothing about termination if rejected from the derby, so it doesn't matter whether it was rejected. The 60 days holds, according to the agreement.

And all entrants must check the box saying they've read those terms in order to enter, so every person agreed to those rules.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

suse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suse

The only image shown of the beaver is on the wrinkled shirt template. The other shirts in the fog have their images in the forefront, not on wrinkled shirts. They have the 'natural' shirts with their images in the background.

The sauce looks like blood. It is primarily the color. If the color was a darker hue, like reddish-brown, it wouldn't look so bloody.

I still like it, just not you, Adder.

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Re: contentment

I resubmitted with a better thumbnail. Hopefully, I can get some more people to look at it.

Michiman117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Michiman117

Very neat idea. I love that there are no black outlines!

Mgang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mgang

I love all of your shirts!! I like 'The first BBQ' and 'The last BBQ'!! I like 'Sticky situation' also..I love your shirts! You always GMV ThreeMpress!!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

jr4284 wrote:Great design,

But I'd never wear it. Who really would? embrangles that there are a lot of designs just out of the fog that are really wearable, but this is in the fog, yet really isn't wearable, IMO.

Great design tho.

I actually think it's one of my more wearable illustrations. When I was drawing I was worried it wouldn't work as a shirt, but looking at the shirt comp I'm really happy about how wearable it turned out. Is it the subject matter that you think isn't wearable?

Insomnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Insomnix
Re: Marinating Correctly

Ok. this is the one without TEXT
Woohoo!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
superspryte wrote:Livetracing three googled images does not an allowable shirt design make.

Burger Dog Fries

apparently our friendly moron of a moderator has forgotten about the yay broccoli t-shirt. if it's good enough for a daily, it's.. er.. not good enough for the derby?

chobby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chobby
Re: a rumbly in my tummy

hoho this is fantastic. Just to be awkward though, Pooh spells honey 'Hunny' and says'rumbly in my Tumbly' I think anyways
If this was drawn a bit neater i reckon it'd have a chance of being up in the top few ;)
Good luck

chobby

Re: Tonight, dinner's on me!

Loses the appeal a lot without the text i think

chobby

Re: BBQuation

Nice idea, but just as the equation is incomplete without the '=', i feel the Tee could benefit from it as well.

computarded4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages computarded4life
Re: Man, The Other White Meat

Love this shirt. Hope it wins!

Keyframegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keyframegirl

I LOVE it on red. This tshirt is great. I would love one now too please.

brownsquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brownsquirrel
Enedlhach wrote:pretty sure salsa was in the fog and the top of hotness before it got put on the homepage...

It was in the fog you are correct, But I feel that the additional votes that pushed it over the edge can be contributed to the add slot for the derby on woot's other sites.

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
re: grill master two point oh

Very last minute thing that just popped into my head. Hope you like it At least it's not pirates or ninjas

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

jr4284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jr4284
tgentry wrote:I actually think it's one of my more wearable illustrations. When I was drawing I was worried it wouldn't work as a shirt, but looking at the shirt comp I'm really happy about how wearable it turned out. Is it the subject matter that you think isn't wearable?

There are many great pictures out there that I'd put on my wall, but just don't translate well to a shirt. This is probably one of them, IMO. The artwork is great, but that "wearability" just isn't there.

Maybe it's just that there's so much going on in the details here. I prefer simple shirts, but can live with more going on as long as it's not really that complicated (Crescent's submission, for example).

Hope my post wasn't taken to be condescending, but I feel like this one may be getting votes based on your reputation more than the design as a shirt. Best of luck, tgentry.