Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: Summer Essentials

I had to think about this one because I thought it was too simple... but it's starting to grow on me. +1 vote.

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Jae87

Re: Dragon Scouts

I like your baby dragons. You should use them again on another shirt in the future

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Jae87

Re: CMYKdog

it makes me 'lawl' out loud. :P

--Jae

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: Overindulgence

GMV!

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Supercute me2you! I like the idea and the lil ants... lots of good details in this one, the butter on the corn, their big bugeyes, the chef hat on the one ant, the ant sweating with the watermelon, the ant under the table, the ants cheering with mugs... I really like it!

One thing though.... I feel like since there are so many bits, it would have been helpful if there was some unifying element tying them together... like crumbs, or grass, or some kind of bg or something that connects all the parts together. Does that make sense?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Mongolian BBQ

Thanks to everyone who gave info about the character on the apron, about Mongolian BBQ and about all the tangential topics. I love this kind of stuff, however trivial it might seem to others.

I have been to an exhibit about Chingghis (sp?) Khan, and they did not use Cyrillic during his time. The did have a written language, but it looked more like Klingon to me.

While Mongolian BBQ may be a misnomer for this shirt, I agree with the poster who said that unless you were here during the derby, you wouldn't know that was its name. And woot may change the name if it places.

Kudos for a fantastic red shirt! I can always use more of them!

nyimages

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nyimages

It's a shame, I really wanted to buy this. Oh well, I hope it wins the Re-Derby.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: I Like Them on the Grill

Theres still a chance Boots. How come they always wait till right at the end to kick you out of the fog?

grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
f7eleven wrote:you may even be inline for a "best loser" or HM this week

thanks for the encouragement.

luckily being homeless and jobless I don't have much excuse to stop me from coming back each week... so we'll see what I come up with today. :-)

supersonic213

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supersonic213
imsochady wrote:I never read the book this design is referring to. In fact, I don't think I can even read. I don't even know if what I'm typing right now makes any sense. I'm just hitting random letters on this "keyboard" hoping something sensible comes out of it. But this is a good illustration, and I'm guessing Babe is in that grill.

Try Charlotte's Web.

FWIW, I actually enjoyed the story and this parody is not only wearable, but extremely funny and the execution is terrific, as I have come to expect from tgentry.

The guys at the new SONIC drive-in told me to have a supersonic day. And I did!

beefqueef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beefqueef
sgl32 wrote:You guys are looking way to far into this. I obviously wanted it to look like smokey the bear. So I took things like pants and a hat to get close. But no where on him says smokey. He could be Yogi after stealing the rangers uniform. The concept is for you to interpret what you want from it. And like I said before. I dont care if it comes out as a copyright. I thought the premise was funny. I dont mind taking chances like that. You never know if it will pay off.

i have never seen smokey the bear show his teeth before... so i think your very clear of any copyright issues. nice art, sorry it got rejected.

Stormink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Stormink
Re: S'moregyle

I think you did a good job on this one. I like the feel of the pattern. I'm just wondering why you didn't continue it higher and lower on the shirt.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: A Snow White Barbeque

This is one of the most twisted designs I've seen in a while. AWESOME! 10 to 1 it gets tabbed for an HM....

Jae87

Re: Ms Webber

Lol

--Jae

Jae87

Re: PAC-GRILL

Apparently we have Pac-Grill and Ms. Pac-Grill now...

--Jae

Jae87

Re: War of the Worlds

Moo! poor cow

--Jae

Jae87

dankstick wrote:The ghost of the hot dogs should totally be a big question mark. Nicely done!

Love it, lol

--Jae

Jae87

Re: Grilled at the Stake

I'm shocked that you didn't get more votes

--Jae

Jae87

Re: Night Under the Stars

Does that hotdog(?) have lips...? If so, they're creepy lips, lol

--Jae

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

What the? Why is my shirt suddenly in the hotness?

Jae87

Re: The Best BarbieQ Ever

That is, like, a traced picture of a Barbie doll, right?

lol

--Jae

Scooter1116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scooter1116
Re: weenie time!

Harley is great. Your design does him honor.
My JRT had disk surgery so I can appreciate it even better. GMV

Jae87

Re: Brutal Hot Dogs

This shirt is so violent!

--Jae

Jae87

Re: I Like Them on the Grill

Jae87 wrote:Oh no! Get back in the fog! I totally would have bought this one!

Yay, we're back in!

--Jae

4Se7ens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4Se7ens
krisrobinson wrote:This really is very clever I think it should be getting more votes.

Totally agree. I do think there is way too much name recognition on woot and it's very hard for new artists to get decent numbers. But yeah... this was a very clever design, and executed more professionally than more than 4 out of 5 submissions. If not the fog, it should've easily been in the top ten. Great job! Don't be discouraged by shirt.woot.

Jae87

kdubbs29 wrote:How are those grills balancing on only two wheels???

Skill

--Jae

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Jae87 wrote:Wow, you've certainly come a long way fast, vote-wise...

I know! This is my first vote surge...and now I'm really sad that I didn't get this done sooner.

And thank you SkekTek! I'm hoping for an HM as well.

4Se7ens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 4Se7ens
Re: BearBQ

Very cool. This seems like it's right up woot's alley. Despite the very respectable score, I'm really surprised that it didn't do better here. The execution of the halftones are flawless.

Pumaking73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pumaking73
re: cmykdog

If this doesn't win I will be very dissapointed. Just in case is there another place I can get this shirt from If woot! won't let me?

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka
Re: Three Little Roasts [resub]

Glad you resubbed, it's a great design! I'm also happy you stuck with the olive and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an HM for you.

Insomnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Insomnix

I FIXED THIS ONE WITHOUT TEXT
MARINADE W/OUT SUACE

Please give the love here as well.. Or change your vote to this one. Yay!

rgb2cmyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgb2cmyk
re: cmykdog

It's PrintGeek-tastic, I must have this shirt!

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka
Re: A Snow White Barbeque

This is lovely :-D. I love the bunny's expression as it's getting ready to pop that packet of marshmallows!

jasneko

Jae87 wrote:I want this as a shirt...

Thanks But sorry, unless you can rummage up a couple hundred votes in the next 5 minutes...not this time:/

jasneko

noisdois wrote:hoho, wow, I'll take that as a compliment! I do like Tim Burton

oh, good!

noisdois wrote:What the? Why is my shirt suddenly in the hotness?

People are just realizing how good it is;)

woemcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat
Re: Father's Day Cookout

i love it!!!! too bad it was rejected. try threadless or somewhere else. it's funny. it also has my two favourite star wars characters in it.

deewight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deewight
kdubbs29 wrote:Please vote for my all-american weenie roast!

If you do not win where can I buy this shirt from you?

xxchet22xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxchet22xx

I love it.

Mortis105

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mortis105

Terrific shirt! Love the ending.