me2you

quality posts: 1 Private Messages me2you
jasneko wrote:Supercute me2you! I like the idea and the lil ants... lots of good details in this one, the butter on the corn, their big bugeyes, the chef hat on the one ant, the ant sweating with the watermelon, the ant under the table, the ants cheering with mugs... I really like it!

One thing though.... I feel like since there are so many bits, it would have been helpful if there was some unifying element tying them together... like crumbs, or grass, or some kind of bg or something that connects all the parts together. Does that make sense?

Hey jasneko,

Glad you like it!
Thanks for the feedback, it made a lot of sense, I'll have to keep it in mind for future entries. =)

eeraser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eeraser
Re: Overindulgence

This is AWESOME, I Really want this shirt, the perfect present!

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
ensmind wrote:Thanks who ever you are, that was a really cool complement... Not sure why the small number of votes... It is interesting though, the ones with high numbers... Can't believe the number of rejections for this derby... Lol!

You're most welcome. Some weeks I am truly surprised by some of the entries that seem to be passed over for ones I don't care for. However that is how it goes sometimes but don't give up, you never know which entry you submit that you didn't really think would do well, that will.

elchang70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elchang70

I can't believe this didn't receive more votes -adorable. I do, however, agree with the note about grill line sizes.

yodal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yodal
4Se7ens wrote:Totally agree. I do think there is way too much name recognition on woot and it's very hard for new artists to get decent numbers. But yeah... this was a very clever design, and executed more professionally than more than 4 out of 5 submissions. If not the fog, it should've easily been in the top ten. Great job! Don't be discouraged by shirt.woot.

thanks! : )

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Some BBQ

so, how accurate is shirtderbystats.com?

Renratca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Renratca
leprechaunofni wrote:I want to wear Cthulhu....Just need about 150 more votes! >.> <.<

Sadface.

Any chance this will find its way onto threadless or some other such site?

quattrodc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quattrodc

This should have printed. I hope you sell it somewhere.

quattrodc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quattrodc
Re: Mongolian BBQ

This should have printed. I hope you end up selling it elsewhere.

buphoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buphoff
re: overindulgence

Bummer this didn't win. I really wanted one!

vynguyen91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vynguyen91

Darn, I was hoping this shirt would get printed. I so dig it.

Dariel75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dariel75

I loved this design. The scene lures meaning in rather than forcing it into existence. Do more of this kind of work (even if it is Edgar-ish)!

ferrous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferrous

If you do get this printed somewhere, count me in! Either PM me or at least leave a link here!

IMHO, this is better than some of the winners!

-ferrous

NYGiants15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NYGiants15
mitchellp wrote:Ok... So I changed the title, added some shading, and changed the characters a little bit. And I realize its a little late for submitting a shirt design, but I really liked this idea. I think it turned out pretty good. If you like it too, please give me a vote. Thanks!

I like the shirt alot. New here, any idea if they will actually make it? Or is it only one shirt per Derby?

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

This better get 2nd or 3rd place or I'll be quite upset that two weeks in a row a great design got screwed! I'm in for one for sure, even tho my gf thinks it's mean!

hbanzapan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hbanzapan
byrbwr wrote:this is just, just awful. i can barely tell what's going on in the picture. i had to read the comments just to know it was green eggs and ham. this will get printed, no doubt about it. but sadly it's because of who the 'artist' is, and not because of the amazing artwork. a shame.

What part of a picture of green eggs in ham doesn't clue you in that it is a picture of green eggs in ham?

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Renratca wrote:Any chance this will find its way onto threadless or some other such site?

Gotta wait 60 days for the rights to revert back to me and then I can submit it elsewhere. PM me if you want me to let you know. Thanks.

Cube9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cube9

oops... wrong place

ten08

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ten08
skirochester wrote:yeah... I'll come up with somewhere to print this. unfortunately I'll have to wait 60 days, so hopefully people will still want the shirt in august. plenty of good grilling days left.

with over 700 votes, maybe 50 of them would support it at cameesa. otherwise I'll put it on kdubbs and my cafepress site (which is still a work in progress): cafepress.com/A2ts

thanks to everyone who voted and for the support! I'll make sure to announce where it ends up.

I can wait 2 months to get this. awaiting accouncement

buriedwreckage

buphoff wrote:Bummer this didn't win. I really wanted one!

It came in 2nd place and is now on sale (sat. june 6th).

buriedwreckage

Re: Overindulgence

Congrats on the print. Well deserved. *high fives*

stpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpaul

Stayed up to no avail. Would still like to buy this shirt!

kennube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennube
stpaul wrote:Stayed up to no avail.

*sigh* me too.

undfan421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfan421
re: some bbq

Yeah, I'm sorta new around here.. is there any way this shirt can be purchased (either on this site or elsewhere) even though it didn't win?

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
undfan421 wrote:Yeah, I'm sorta new around here.. is there any way this shirt can be purchased (either on this site or elsewhere) even though it didn't win?

Woot owns derby designs for two months after they're submitted; after that the rights return to the artist, and they may or may not chose to try to get it printed somewhere else.

This is assuming that Woot doesn't select the design for one of the do-over derbies... yeah, it's a bit complicated.

janerunge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janerunge

I really love this shirt and am bummed that it didn't' make it. Wooters must not be into Charlotte's Web. The brutes!

bobichka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobichka

Five votes away as opposed to last week's three... I hope for better luck with your Devil is in the details design, it's only fair.

kiltedmadman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiltedmadman

Every year for my birthday, I invite my friends over to a BBQ with a twist. They bring mystery ingredients that I have no foreknowledge of and I try to turn them into something tasty for everyone. Sort of an Iron Chef BBQ. This year will be my fifth annual and I MUST have this shirt to wear at the grill. My birthday is in August, which considering the timing, I would say is kismet, perhaps? Dare I say, Destiny even? (with a capital D, as well) You have to post where we can get this shirt! The gods of barbecue compel you!

Celeborn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Celeborn
omnitarian wrote:Woot owns derby designs for two months after they're submitted; after that the rights return to the artist, and they may or may not chose to try to get it printed somewhere else.

This is assuming that Woot doesn't select the design for one of the do-over derbies... yeah, it's a bit complicated.

Yeah I really loved this shirt. Bummed it didn't make it. If it every goes up for sale....let me know or something somehow, I'd definitely buy one. The color and the picture are both perfect. My favorite shirt I've seen on shirt woot so far.

undfan421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfan421

Aww, that is indeed a shame. Well, one can only hope that it is either printed elsewhere in a couple of months or brought up into another derby. If anyone finds out about this shirt being sold somewhere, please notify me.

lorangeblog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorangeblog
Re: Weenie Roast

Ah this would have been perfect for the Hot Dog Death march this weekend

http://hotdogdeathmarch.wordpress.com/

sixtyfps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sixtyfps

Good gravy, that's some poorly drawn artwork.

TexSquid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TexSquid
Re: King of the Grill

We are "The King of the Grill" and we approve.

BWinick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BWinick
4Se7ens wrote:Very cool. This seems like it's right up woot's alley. Despite the very respectable score, I'm really surprised that it didn't do better here. The execution of the halftones are flawless.

I really want this shirt. Are you going to sell it elsewhere?

asplum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asplum
Re: BearBQ

i want this very much

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Celeborn wrote:Yeah I really loved this shirt. Bummed it didn't make it. If it every goes up for sale....let me know or something somehow, I'd definitely buy one. The color and the picture are both perfect. My favorite shirt I've seen on shirt woot so far.

Agreed. This is genius. I'm hoping it wins in the Double Take derby, but if not I will buy it from anywhere for any amount of money if it's printed elsewhere.

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
NYGiants15 wrote:I like the shirt alot. New here, any idea if they will actually make it? Or is it only one shirt per Derby?

Sorry for being so late to respond, but they only sell the top 3 shirts. They also give honorable mentions that get voted in the honorable mention derby. But if I put this shirt somewhere else, I'll send you a message.

jackham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackham

So this one is not going to be produced? that is too bad. I wanted this shirt. Very funny and great style.

jannieb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jannieb

Hands down...this shirt should have won 1st place!

Who judges these things?

woodfirekitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodfirekitten
skirochester wrote:yeah... I'll come up with somewhere to print this. unfortunately I'll have to wait 60 days, so hopefully people will still want the shirt in august. plenty of good grilling days left.

with over 700 votes, maybe 50 of them would support it at cameesa. otherwise I'll put it on kdubbs and my cafepress site (which is still a work in progress): cafepress.com/A2ts

thanks to everyone who voted and for the support! I'll make sure to announce where it ends up.

Every Grillin' Man needs this Grillin' Shirt! Awesome design! Can't wait to buy! (wherever it ends up)