cravenwaves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cravenwaves

I love it. I must have one. How can I order it now?

Re: Zombie Candycorn

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

So...if a shirt places in the top three, and Woot pays the artist, but then the shirt doesn't actually sell...Woot just has a lot of shirts left over to put in the BOCs. Right?

Just...wondering.

jkuhn7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkuhn7
Re: but srsly it's mai pumpkin

First time commenter here, multiple shirt buyer over the years. I can't believe the amount of hand-wringing and snarkiness over this shirt. It may not be for everybody, but I would have certainly bought it. And I hate cats. Maybe, *gasp*, there is value in something that is not so over-thought.

JoeDeth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JoeDeth
cravenwaves wrote:I love it. I must have one. How can I order it now?

Click on this link now!

KaneRobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KaneRobot
jkuhn7 wrote:First time commenter here, multiple shirt buyer over the years. I can't believe the amount of hand-wringing and snarkiness over this shirt. It may not be for everybody, but I would have certainly bought it. And I hate cats. Maybe, *gasp*, there is value in something that is not so over-thought.

You missed the point. It has nothing to do with "snarkiness" or hating cats. Try actually reading some of the posts in this thread.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
bardolator wrote:So...if a shirt places in the top three, and Woot pays the artist, but then the shirt doesn't actually sell...Woot just has a lot of shirts left over to put in the BOCs. Right?

Just...wondering.

Sort of. Except shirt.woot sells random shirts once in a while, where you place your order for a specific shirt size and you get whatever designs happen to get stuffed into your bag.

PaulClayberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaulClayberg

Sad this didn't make it to the end, I really would have wanted one

SirSquinty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirSquinty

This shirt lost by TEN VOTES

ASDLFJA;LSDJFA;LSDJFALSDJF;LASJD;FLAJSD;FLASJD;FLAS;FAJFAASDFA

karla1301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karla1301
Adubs wrote:DITTO -- i want to buy this shirt!

Me too! Submit this shirt to another site, I'll buy it!

jsedwards25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsedwards25
SirSquinty wrote:This shirt lost by TEN VOTES

ASDLFJA;LSDJFA;LSDJFALSDJF;LASJD;FLAJSD;FLASJD;FLAS;FAJFAASDFA

I would've bought this shirt. I hope it makes an appearance this week anyway.

Dalface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dalface

I love this shirt. I think it is great, sorry it got rejected.

angelicism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelicism

Yes but, see. I would wear this. And unless anyone can specifically point out the image whose copyright this is infringing and is an intellectual property lawyer who actually knows anything about about copyright infringement I don't give a Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) that it's been done before. Much of art has conceptually been done before. I love this adorable art style and I'm pretty sure all my woot t-shirts are from either Remy or Seki.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Sooooo, Honorable Mentions? EH? EH?

Ldybugsrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ldybugsrus

I totally could have seen this as today's shirt.woot is brought to you by the numbers Von and two. LOL

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
bluetuba wrote:Seriously, overreact much? I get that you are feeling victimized by people criticizing your words and the chibi animals but "violent" and "stabbing" is ridiculous. An enemy on a tee shirt website is somebody that won't vote for you and might just post on your entries to say mean things. That doesn't make you special, it happens to EVERYBODY! Especially people who draw anime here or spout win at any cost opinions.

I get that you are new and perhaps don't know the ropes yet, shirt.woot isn't a pop-culture cash factory, as other posters have so brilliantly noted in other threads it's proven by the fact that the Derby has rules. Stuff like the weekly Theme, No text, and No video game refs. If all Woot cared about was raking in the masses bucks for crappy tee shirts then they would be perfectly OK with people submitting "I'm with Stupid", cute anime animals, and Mario tee shirts every single week. When a gimmick starts getting too out of hand Woot tends to ban it to encourage creativity.

So no, you should not draw anime every week because that's what you think the masses will pay money for, we've seen your previous entries and we know you can do better than that. Notice Adder and others probably didn't flame you in those other entry posts. You struck a nerve with this knowingly or not, but it's not the end of the world if you don't repeat it over and over.

This week ESPECIALLY because of the Seki pumpkin kitty rejection/recoloring debacle

You never do take me up on my offer to PM me with your thoughts ^_~. I guess it's easier for you out here, and also gets you kudos from your friends!

Balloons!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
bassanimation wrote:You never do take me up on my offer to PM me with your thoughts ^_~. I guess it's easier for you out here, and also gets you kudos from your friends!

Balloons!

My thoughts are all right there. I have no desire to lecture you in private or anywhere else frankly, you'll notice this is one of the only threads I've given you guff in, and it's a direct result of the aforementioned comments by you. I'm not doing this for attention, and there are no kudos, I have no friends here. I've been a lurker for years and my comments are generally praise for shirts I like.

Congrats on the Honorable Mention by the way, I hope your early success doesn't prevent you from growing up a little on the boards.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

collapsinghrung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collapsinghrung
Re: Saddest Ghost Ever

I have to second the question: will this shirt be available anywhere else?

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
collapsinghrung wrote:I have to second the question: will this shirt be available anywhere else?

It will be up for voting again in this week's upcoming derby.

hagirl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hagirl
Re: All Hallows' Eve

I still really love this - I really wish it was on a tshirt somewhere!

SolasLunas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SolasLunas
Re: He's right behind us, isn't he

I don't understand why some of you are SO critical.
I'm going to address some of the comments that I have read and explain why one shouldn't be so harsh and nitpicky about it.

"Why are they in a line?"
They are moving from one house to the next, they don't have to be right next to each other.

"Where did they get the candy?"
From that house in the background behind the dog.

"There's nobody in the house/no lights on"
It's just the style of the background. Also, if someone was show there then there wouldn't be the sense of isolation. A lit house or another person/animal around would add a sense of security which would ruin the scary part of the shirt.

"The dog doesn't look like a zombie (or it's hard to tell)"
It's back is cut and isn't bleeding, it's drooling blood (from eating the witch-animal), bone shows on his cheek, his eyes are red instead of black, and he is an unnatural green. Also if you look closely, he head is stitched.

"Why aren't they running/looking scared/ reacting to the zombie at all?"
The cat probably just noticed the zombie-dog, the bunny is still going forward and isn't looking back. Also, the cat wouldn't be show freaked out because it wouldn't work well with the cutesy-animal design.

"The rabbit should see the dog if he has wide open eyes!"
Rabbits have eyes on the side of their head, it would be dumb to draw the otherwise. The eyes are open as much as the cats eyes. That white circle is the hole in the sheet and the white fur of the rabbit (notice the white ears and the holes cut for them).

"They should have notice the dog eating their friend!"
Think about it, that would ruin the moment for one. Second, it's cartoony. imagine it was a show: The three are walking and the cat says something to the witch, the camera slides from the witch and cat to show the cat and rabbit when the cat says something to the rabbit, then the cat turns to say something like "you agree, right?" but instead of the witch, there is a zombie-dog. [FREEZE} this is the moment. [PLAY} then the cat reacts after the dog moans or something.
It's a cartoon, some thing happen in an instant, it doesn't have to be just like life.

"The grey cat gets lost in the background."
You have a point, but it isn't THAT hard to see it. Also, what other color could he use? Black? No. White? No, bunny took it. Orange? Would need to change the pumpkin basket to something like a skull of whatever, also, it would ruin the focus. Only a few things have color, Orange pumpkin, green/orange spilled candy, and the zombie. Making the cat a bright color would distract you from the dog, who is the focus.

"Why isn't the zombie doing anything?"
Stereotypical zombies are slow and dumb. If he was doing something big, it would ruin that. If he was doing something small, it would look dumb. This is a moment of awkward staring right before the "victim" (cat) screams or whatever.

"Other people put a lot more effort into their work!"
Good for them. They deserve credit. this guy (or girl, i dunno) isn't stealing their credit. Just because the shirt may be simple, doesn't mean someone doesn't want it or like it. Maybe the creator is lucky, or talented, or just thought of something that the those hard workers you're talking about just didn't want to do because it wasn't their style, or didn't even think about doing. The styles appeal to different people. They'll get what they deserve, i'm sure. So don't slam on the success of someone who made something simple-looking.

"Do something other than these animals, you do them a lot and I'm sick of it"
Then go look at someone else's work. This statement is the same as going up to Serat (sp?) and saying 'Stop making everything with dots, I'm tired of it!' (assuming he was alive of course.)
If you don't like someone's theme/style, then go look at some one else's stuff! Simple as that. The most that can be said here is: "You've done a lot with these animals, maybe you should try something new. Spice it up a bit."

"He ripped of Gaia"
Red eyes and green fur. Not that original... Green is used quite a bit to represent the undead. Also, red eyes are used frequently too (also for evil things like demons) Also, the art style is similar to Gaia's style, but Gaia doesn't own a style of artwork, just the actual art itself. So no, it's not a rip-off of a grunny.

"The background isn't far enough away and makes the dog look big against the house"
It's a flat, single color on a cartoon styled shirt. He could have made the background smaller in some aspects, yes. I see where you are coming from and have no problem with that point, this is just my reaction.

Now for my personal notes on the image:
The red eye on the dog works, but i've seen better eyes for the job. Hollow white with big bags around them.
I personally think it should be the rabbit sitting instead of the cat, and the cat walking. A walking cat is easier than a walking bunny, on two feet no less. this would make the bunny look less like a pole.
Could have made a hole in the side of the dog, making it 100% clear that it's undead.
Dog should have teeth, I might change my mind if I see it...
Same for this: Pointed ears instead of floppy.
That's all I've got.
i Still like the shirt.

heeroluva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heeroluva
Re: I am a Cuddly Parasite (final)

How do I get one?

karruttopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karruttopp

I would have loved this shirt still don't see why it was rejected. Incidental text to me is slipping in actual words in this case the numbers are part of the drawing as objects.