bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

And now that I've got the polka thing out of my system, I just want to say I'm a little disappointed that this is a daily. I really don't want to see woot make a descent into becoming "Teefury II." I'm sure people will buy it, (Note: I'm not going to call my fellow man "the masses" in some derogatory fashion) and it's not my cup of tea, at all. But seeing what feels like more and more pop-culture dailies makes me shift uncomfortbaly in my seat and anxiously worry about what roads woot might be planning on going down.

Just my thoughts.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

While I absolutely love Pokemon (the video game) and I think the shirt is clever... I don't think I could see myself wearing something with Pikachu on it.

Give me a Pokemon shirt any day without Pikachu and I'll gladly buy it! Just hate that little yellow rodent with a passion.

spencexxx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spencexxx

This site has gone SHARPLY down hill since the "change" ... This is a terrible and lazy design...the muffin one from last week or so was bad.... I've seen a $2 price increase and all we get is crap I wouldn't snicker at at the flea market.

kevincrimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevincrimi
spencexxx wrote:This site has gone SHARPLY down hill since the "change" ... This is a terrible and lazy design...the muffin one from last week or so was bad.... I've seen a $2 price increase and all we get is crap I wouldn't snicker at at the flea market.

yeah I've been really surprised at how lackluster the shirts I've been seeing are. The watercolor derby had a couple of the first shirts worth buying in months yet somehow didn't get printed....

Check out my Derby Shirt!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
kaedex99 wrote:Parody is protected under the Fair Use Limitation/Exception. It has nothing to do with the Constitution. I'd suggest that you read up on this if you're going to be an expert on copyright infringement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Parody is protected speech and has everything to do with the first amendment, but don't take my word for it. I'm neither a lawyer nor an expert, just a cartoonist and a MAD magazine subscriber. Hustler subscribers are pretty familiar with this concept too.

OreoPuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OreoPuddin

Bought, because it's funny. Has it been done? Yeah. Who cares? I mean, really... who cares?

I keep seeing people complain about how Woot has gone downhill. Maybe it's time to move on, since you're not finding anything you like. Maybe your values or sense of humor have evolved beyond Shirt.Woot. Maybe the people that like this shirt aren't as 'high brow' as you. Take your scarf and skinny jeans, and go cry on Twitter, cupcake. Here's your first post: "I liked Woot before it was mainstream."

Different strokes, and all that.

In case it's lost in the medium: the first bit is meant sincerely. The last bit is meant humorously, as gentle ribbing. Using an emoticon would come off as disingenuous.

Besides, if you get all hot under the collar by something some random special (me,) on the internet barely manages to string together... you might want to do some push-ups. Push up and away from the computer desk and go get some sun.

All the best. <- Sincere, I promise.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
polluxoil wrote:Ramy's into dailies now? He's one step closer to obtaining the dream of ramy.woot.com!

In all seriousness, I always felt sorry for Pokemon. You keep them in these little balls, then force them to fight on your whim? It's a bit dastardly.

It's a very abusive relationship. Everyone vilifies dog and rooster fighting, and rightly so, but no one vilifies Pokemon, a world in which every child's goal is apparently to venture into the wild, beat animals into submission, and then make them fight other enslaved animals until they pass out from pain or win.

It's a pretty dark show when you get down to it.

neveracquiesce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages neveracquiesce

Slave labor, I choose you!

vgilpin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vgilpin

I think the write up is even funnier than the shirt. I agree with the shirt's message, but I can't think of anywhere I would wear it (despite the fact it would be a catalyst for the discussions of the show as animal cruelty).

Something I like about shirt.woot is that it does give a mix: kitties, wit, cartoons, pop culture, and more artistic designs. I might go for a month or two and not see anything I really want to buy, and then I might have a week where three items are just perfect.

jesseroo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jesseroo

I really don't think the "get up and fight for me" was needed in this shirt. It really makes it a joke for dummies. This shirt takes the humor of a demotivational poster, adds in pop video game culture, and then on top of that it has a joke explainer written in...

Low brow humor doesn't mean bad humor (I still very much enjoy my "eat more meat" shirt.), but this shirt isn't even trying. I don't blame people who are annoyed with the selection.

eghazali

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eghazali
ochopika wrote:Just watched this and then saw today's woot...thought it would make sense to post it here. Hey, I thought it was funny at 1:15 am.

If animals were like pokemon

I couldn't embed the video, sorry!

Any chance of this shirt becoming an apron? My wife would love me more, and I know I wouldn't be the only one buying it.

shilo9924

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shilo9924

Creepy...

spencexxx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spencexxx

"Maybe the people that like this shirt aren't as 'high brow' as you. Take your scarf and skinny jeans, and go cry on Twitter, cupcake. Here's your first post: "I liked Woot before it was mainstream." "

No, you're wrong. The quality is down and this shirt isn't the first warm and fuzzy offering in the lastt months.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oh my gawd, Ramy also made the wine on today's wine.woot?! @_@ What's happening?

Okay, I kid but admit it, you were ready to click that link.

laserhawk114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laserhawk114

First shirt I've bought in over a year, that write-up was just too epic to pass up... and the shirt was good too

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
vgilpin wrote:Something I like about shirt.woot is that it does give a mix: kitties, wit, cartoons, pop culture, and more artistic designs. I might go for a month or two and not see anything I really want to buy, and then I might have a week where three items are just perfect.

Agreed. The reason I check Shirt.Woot every day is because I don't know what I'm going to get. It could be anything, from day to day, and even if I don't end up buying the shirt, I enjoy looking at it.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

This is one that I actually do NOT like. How can you bash the Pikachu / ash combo.

And if you do, it should be something like Pikachu zapping Ash.

OreoPuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OreoPuddin
spencexxx wrote:
No, you're wrong. The quality is down and this shirt isn't the first warm and fuzzy offering in the lastt months.

What's that? Someone has a differing opinion and you didn't make fun of them for it? You just flat out called their opinion wrong?! Say it isn't so! My whole world has collapsed under the weight of the finality of your denial of my opinion! Gasp. I'm taking this to MY BLOG after a good cry! *snrk*

Cool your jets, princess. I didn't say that I didn't feel there were some duds - to me. Goodness knows, there are plenty of shirts that I just rolled my eyes at and clicked right on past. However... someone somewhere found said shirt humorous. I refer you to my original post: "Different strokes, and all that." They can't all be winners to everybody.

If you want an argument on the internet, you won't get one from me, but there are (more than likely) at least four walls in the place where you currently reside. Find one, and go scream your opinions at it. You'll usually win. 8/10 times for me, you may do better. =/

Best of luck, and thank goodness for differences in humor. ;)

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji

Nice design, but I cannot stand pokemon

basfiji

quality posts: 9 Private Messages basfiji
bassanimation wrote:Im a very newschool fan. <3 Oshawott <3

Wow a you're too hot to like this show

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Two prints in a row and eight shirts available at the same time (counting a collab.) That has to be some kind of record.

gjames

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gjames
polluxoil wrote:In all seriousness, I always felt sorry for Pokemon. You keep them in these little balls, then force them to fight on your whim? It's a bit dastardly.

That reminds me of ReBoot's take on Pokémon, Pantsu Hebi X.

And interesting too who Bob really is in that episode, yet not yet revealed.

wafflesmcgee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wafflesmcgee

*Sniff What a great writeup...I've never looked through the eyes of Gary before (or in this case BUTTFACE). Oh how tragic his fate is, to choose a better pokemon, only to face defeat time after time. I never realized how horrible Professor Oak was, not being a pokemon trainer himself, choosing to pit humans against each other instead. And his own grandson, no less. For shame...

mhelseth93

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhelseth93

This shirt makes me think that there should be a poster.woot! This is something id hang on my wall, but not that id want pasted on my chest all day.

jasonmhood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonmhood

I have a 6yo who loves pokemon...I have to admit, part of me wants to order it for him. Maybe it's passive/aggressive responce to being exposed to, to much ash?

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
InfernoX wrote:Reminds me of this:

http://youtu.be/rHG-JO8gIGk

Edit: Has a some "bad" words in it.

Awesome. Just awesome. As the father of two suns who currently have to 'catch them all', this is great.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Spiritgreen wrote:Oh my gawd, Ramy also made the wine on today's wine.woot?! @_@ What's happening?

Okay, I kid but admit it, you were ready to click that link.

And here I thought you were going to Rickroll us. ;) (Thank you for not doing that, it's too early for the handsmacking stick on Monday.)

mhelseth93 wrote:This shirt makes me think that there should be a poster.woot! This is something id hang on my wall, but not that id want pasted on my chest all day.

Well, we have offered posters in the past. You never know! (Actually I never know either, so don't even take that as a remote promise of any kind.) You could however, frame the t-shirt, because there are cool instructions on how to do that available online.

I'm just hanging out, really.

SpANG

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SpANG

The 90's called. They want their pop culture reference back.

"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable; only unexplained."

wolfybrie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wolfybrie

I didn't really like the design and I love Pokemon. It's like something someone scribbled down and then colored in and then profit.

daefaroth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daefaroth
ChronoSquall14 wrote:It's a very abusive relationship. Everyone vilifies dog and rooster fighting, and rightly so, but no one vilifies Pokemon, a world in which every child's goal is apparently to venture into the wild, beat animals into submission, and then make them fight other enslaved animals until they pass out from pain or win.

It's a pretty dark show when you get down to it.

It has been called out, but most people aren't familiar with the 'Big Eyes, Small Mouth' RPG.

http://www.amazon.com/Cute-Fuzzy-Cockfighting-Seizure-Monsters/dp/1894525167

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

I'm not a big Pokemon fan but this shirt is funny.

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

judehawthorne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages judehawthorne

Instabuy. And, might I say, I'm surprised at the open hostility toward Woot in today's discussion. I like coming to this website because of the box of chocolates feel... You know, those boxes of chocolates that come with no instruction, so you're just diving in blind. I mean, really...if people don't like the shirt, maybe they just shouldn't buy it.

laizurkainon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laizurkainon

They done motivators on their shirts before. This is at least the third that I remember.

Neat thing though is that the write up is kinda ripped off from an interpretation done on the games a few years back.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/9/99712/1428547-poorgary_super.jpg

Well, that's not the original posting. But there you go.

I'm a little disappointed with the write-up overall, just because there are way more interesting things to have done with the source material.

might still have to buy the shirt anyway.

paholzha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paholzha

Friends don't let friends raise their shirt prices.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
paholzha wrote:Friends don't let friends raise their shirt prices.

But they do direct them to the right thread.

I'm just hanging out, really.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
wolfybrie wrote:It's like something someone scribbled down and then colored in and then profit.

That's pretty much our motto.

jon117d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jon117d

No offense to ramyb but...

How does this get published and this shirt not?
Like no one ever was!

laizurkainon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laizurkainon
gjames wrote:That reminds me of ReBoot's take on Pokémon, Pantsu Hebi X.

And interesting too who Bob really is in that episode, yet not yet revealed.

In case anyone was curious, they were going for "Trouser snake" with that phrase.

The problem is that "Pantsu" really means "panties"

So Panty Snake X. do with that what you want.

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
jon117d wrote:No offense to ramyb but...

How does this get published and this shirt not?
Like no one ever was!

yeah, this.

Make your own damn beer

daefaroth

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daefaroth
laizurkainon wrote:In case anyone was curious, they were going for "Trouser snake" with that phrase.

The problem is that "Pantsu" really means "panties"

So Panty Snake X. do with that what you want.

Not to quibble but "pantsu" just means underpants, with no real specification for style or gender. Reference the episode of Chobits when Chii goes to the store to buy pantsu and comes back with boxers.

As such, Underpants Snake X isn't too far from joke to still have meaning.