Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

The bell has rung. The referee has waved the fighters to their corners. (Yes, all 27 of them. It's a big ring.) The judges have turned in their scores. (That's you guys.) Now we'll know which of our ongoing shirt sales won't be available after midnight tonight (Monday). Those would be the Casualties listed below. We'll know which ones will still be for sale for another week - the Survivors and the Bystanders. And the winners and losers of our weekly t-shirt brawl are as follows...

Survivors (position last week/weeks on chart)
Casualties (position last week/weeks on chart)
Bystanders (not eligible for Reckoning until next week)

Winner and still champeen: Donut Panic! Welcome to the big time, Soundwaves and Bigfoot Nessie 08! Sad to see you go, World Grenade and Urban Painter! You deserved better, The Bluebird of Hopelessness! And congratulations on becoming the first shirt to survive 50 Reckonings, Say No To Scurvy! We'll see if The Cake Is A Liar can pass that milestone next week. As for the Casualties, grab 'em before they go bye-bye at midnight tonight.

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

Yay! F5 is hanging on for at least one more week! Thanks again to all the people who have kept it in the top 20

soothedbyrainfall.net

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Yay! F5 is hanging on for at least one more week! Thanks again to all the people who have kept it in the top 20

That's yours, soothed? It was my second shirt, and remains one of my favorites

I definitely urge people on the fence about it to pick one up. The "distressed" look printed really well. It's one of my favorite joke shirts b/c, even if people don't get it, the look of the logo has a real vintage kind of feel to it that is just plain cool.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
soothedbyrainfall wrote:Yay! F5 is hanging on for at least one more week! Thanks again to all the people who have kept it in the top 20

With a hard-fought back and forth between f5 and old skool all week, and only one shirt that MIGHT make it into the top ranks, I'd say anything is possible

unixrab

quality posts: 11 Private Messages unixrab

I'm thinking if a shirt reaches 52 weeks... maybe it should get immunity and be available indefinitely... Scurvy and Cake are amazing.... well... you know what I mean.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bags of Crap = 3 ------> woot 3.0 is DEAD!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

capttylor34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capttylor34
unixrab wrote:I'm thinking if a shirt reaches 52 weeks... maybe it should get immunity and be available indefinitely... Scurvy and Cake are amazing.... well... you know what I mean.

they could certainly move toward opening more slots on the sales chart, shirt.woot is growing, and the more variety the better in my opinion.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Zeusandhera
capttylor34 wrote:they could certainly move toward opening more slots on the sales chart, shirt.woot is growing, and the more variety the better in my opinion.

That'd be cool! I really wouldn't mind that.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

You know it would be real awesome if they made the popular shirts that fell from the charts eventually have reprints for like one night only a year after it was taken down or something. I mean once they are gone they are gone forever but these shirts don't last forever, we definitely need the chance to get them again.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
capttylor34 wrote:they could certainly move toward opening more slots on the sales chart, shirt.woot is growing, and the more variety the better in my opinion.

I actually disagree with that standpoint. They already have upped the sale allotment for the shirts to accommodate the rising number of buyers. All that expanding the numbers would do is keep lower sale shirts on the reckoning list. That doesn't necessarily help woot. If a shirt is obviously struggling to stay above the 20th position, when it goes below, it should go. If it works back a week or two, cool for the designer. But if the design never is able to tread water (20th being that line) then it should go.

AdderXYU

JadenKale wrote:I actually disagree with that standpoint. They already have upped the sale allotment for the shirts to accommodate the rising number of buyers. All that expanding the numbers would do is keep lower sale shirts on the reckoning list. That doesn't necessarily help woot. If a shirt is obviously struggling to stay above the 20th position, when it goes below, it should go. If it works back a week or two, cool for the designer. But if the design never is able to tread water (20th being that line) then it should go.

True story. All a bigger reckoning list will do is make your shirt less limited edition, and give popular shirts even more staying power. It won't turn into a meaningful boost for shirts that are flailing. I'm pretty sure every list increase just stalled the inevitable for a week.

modF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modF

I'd just be happy if Mister Bobo, the Masonic Dyna-Monkey could come back for an appearance, I kept forgetting to order him.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
modF wrote:I'd just be happy if Mister Bobo, the Masonic Dyna-Monkey could come back for an appearance, I kept forgetting to order him.

There are a couple of them available at teetrade, but only if you are a MM or WXL.

modF

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modF
bluchez wrote:There are a couple of them available at teetrade, but only if you are a MM or WXL.

Neat site, I've never see that one before. Sadly I don't think the MM would fit, unless of course I wanted to be ultra tight shirt guy.

Falcon4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Falcon4

Seriously. I cannot FATHOM the IDIOCY of that ridiculous "say no to scurvy" shirt sticking around for almost a _year_ - and yet, my favorite, "Plan B", was cut off the shelves long ago. I am pissed. Very pissed. Not just "suggesting that it be brought back", but PISSED that it was even considered for the chopping block - and somehow got chopped!

Why was I never part of these decisions? I mean, who is? Just the artists themselves, trying to butt-snuffleupagus each other out of a submission? Here I am, a paying customer, with people always asking me "where'd you get that shirt, it's awesome, i want one!" (regarding "Plan B"), and I have to sit here and watch some ridiculous excuse for artistic excrement, "Say no to scurvy", taking the cake in compliments.

Oh god. Oh god. I need to stop. I could go on for pages...

summary:
Between 2007 and 2010: lots of woots.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Falcon4 wrote:Seriously. I cannot FATHOM the IDIOCY of that ridiculous "say no to scurvy" shirt sticking around for almost a _year_ - and yet, my favorite, "Plan B", was cut off the shelves long ago. I am pissed. Very pissed. Not just "suggesting that it be brought back", but PISSED that it was even considered for the chopping block - and somehow got chopped!

Why was I never part of these decisions? I mean, who is? Just the artists themselves, trying to butt-snuffleupagus each other out of a submission? Here I am, a paying customer, with people always asking me "where'd you get that shirt, it's awesome, i want one!" (regarding "Plan B"), and I have to sit here and watch some ridiculous excuse for artistic excrement, "Say no to scurvy", taking the cake in compliments.

I find much humor in the fact that the two shirts you referred to were both designed by the same artist. The decisions are made by the customers (i.e. you). The best selling shirts stay and the lower selling shirts are axed.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Falcon4 wrote:Seriously. I cannot FATHOM the IDIOCY of that ridiculous "say no to scurvy" shirt sticking around for almost a _year_ - and yet, my favorite, "Plan B", was cut off the shelves long ago. I am pissed. Very pissed. Not just "suggesting that it be brought back", but PISSED that it was even considered for the chopping block - and somehow got chopped!

You are awesome. You've managed to hate and adore my work fervently in one post.

I'm with you on Plan B though. I anticipated a much longer lifespan, and I still have people asking me for it.

As for Scurvy... it's still probably my favorite silly shirt in my wardrobe.

OH! ...right there beside it is Angry Day. RIP Angry Day. :<

Thank you for buying Plan B btw! =D

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
fablefire wrote:You are awesome. You've managed to hate and adore my work fervently in one post.

hilarious, fable!

schehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schehl

Is there a direct link available where you can just see all the shirts (I mean with pictures) on one page??

Any help would be appreciated.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
schehl wrote:Is there a direct link available where you can just see all the shirts (I mean with pictures) on one page??

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes! Thanks to bluchez we now have shirt.what?? -- that should be what you're looking for.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

schehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schehl
eyeslikesugar wrote:Yes! Thanks to bluchez we now have shirt.what?? -- that should be what you're looking for.

PERFECTO!!

THANK YOU!!!

Falcon4

fablefire wrote:You are awesome. You've managed to hate and adore my work fervently in one post.

Weup... I didn't even know that was yours as well. *facepalm* Well, it is a very, very different style (so much so, that I honestly can't say I like it in the slightest, but there are a lot of people that disagree with me on that point), so hopefully you can understand why I didn't even imagine it was the same author! >.<

I just don't like Scurvy because it, like most shirts on Woot, is totally not my style, it just seems way too 2nd-grade-kid wear. "Plan B" on the other hand, is pretty much precisely a graphic representing my life to this point, as well as pretty much everyone else I know. It really deserves better than the garbage can. I'd've thought that Woot, with their massive printing system, would be able to keep all the designs around forever... or at least a year... >.<

Ah well, hell. If Woot can't sell it, you know anyone else that does?

summary:

anotherdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anotherdave

Did the "When I Was Your Age..." shirt make the list? It was my all-time favorite.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Falcon4 wrote:Weup... I didn't even know that was yours as well. *facepalm* Well, it is a very, very different style (so much so, that I honestly can't say I like it in the slightest, but there are a lot of people that disagree with me on that point), so hopefully you can understand why I didn't even imagine it was the same author! >.<

I just don't like Scurvy because it, like most shirts on Woot, is totally not my style, it just seems way too 2nd-grade-kid wear. "Plan B" on the other hand, is pretty much precisely a graphic representing my life to this point, as well as pretty much everyone else I know. It really deserves better than the garbage can. I'd've thought that Woot, with their massive printing system, would be able to keep all the designs around forever... or at least a year... >.<

There are a few on teetrade. Go there and search for "Plan B".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
anotherdave wrote:Did the "When I Was Your Age..." shirt make the list? It was my all-time favorite.

All shirt.woot shirts make an appearance on the reckoning list. How long they stay there, however, varies greatly. They stay or fall depending on purchases - the lowest-selling shirts each week stop being printed.

So yes, "When I Was Your Age" was on the list, but is no longer available.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Falcon4 wrote:Weup... I didn't even know that was yours as well. *facepalm* Well, it is a very, very different style (so much so, that I honestly can't say I like it in the slightest, but there are a lot of people that disagree with me on that point), so hopefully you can understand why I didn't even imagine it was the same author! >.<

No worries! I do everything from super cute to grossly morbid so I get that a lot. It was just funny because you mentioned artists trying to bump each other out, and they were both my shirts. XD

I have lot of people telling me Scurvy is stupid too. It's all good.

It's Woot's design now. Can't print it anywhere else. :/

Falcon4

Errrraaiii... g'erruuhh... oooouhhhh.... garrr..... fmmm.... GAAAAAAAAAHHH!! WHY WOULD WOOT DO THAT?!!

*happy face*
Hehe, submit us your designs for us to sell, you to make practically zero money off it, and for us to just cut off the design table in a month anyway! Hee-hehe... and the best part about it is, even after we stop selling it, you can't either, because it's ours now, yay!
*/happy face*

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

summary:

AdderXYU

Falcon4 wrote:Errrraaiii... g'erruuhh... oooouhhhh.... garrr..... fmmm.... GAAAAAAAAAHHH!! WHY WOULD WOOT DO THAT?!!

*happy face*
Hehe, submit us your designs for us to sell, you to make practically zero money off it, and for us to just cut off the design table in a month anyway! Hee-hehe... and the best part about it is, even after we stop selling it, you can't either, because it's ours now, yay!
*/happy face*

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

A grand is not practically zero money, especially compared to most other shirt sites' commissions. In the case of plan B, given the amount of copy moved, this likely amounted to an extra 6K for what the designer would even admit to being stock imagery and a red frowny face. A reckoning survivor of a month would, in most cases, be seeing a paycheck that nearly doubled from the initial payout. Even many quickly reckoned shirts find themselves with an extra hundred in their pockets. Practically zero compared to what woot makes, but when a design can make you more than a part time job would over the course of a year, the blame for the small payout isn't with woot, but with the wooters who don't buy the quicker reckoned items.

As for not being able to sell it ever again, the designers know that when they sign the contract, or should because it's in the entry rules. That's part of being limited edition. Why would woot do that? Because knowing you can only get a shirt at woot drives its sales... in a week it might be gone, so better grab it now. Because it makes the designers want to promote their woot designs, so they make more money, which in turn brings more new wooters. Because just about every shirt site owns the print rights to your designs when you win their contest. Because shirt sites like having unique work to offer. Sounds more like a case of "missed a shirt" than a true understanding