Burton68

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Burton68

That's a great suggestion...will have to see if I have the time, though. Thanks!

JoeDeth wrote:I'd resubmit and reverse the order of the steak and grill, but that's my opinion.

Burton J. Campbell

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
superspryte wrote:As a person who is particularly picky about languages, I have a bone to pick with the fire character on the apron. First, though, as someone mentioned, Dragons aren't really part of Mongolian culture.... blah blah blah

No one in the real world is going to know the title of the shirt... unless you run around telling them and pointing at it.

So aren't the history lessons a little over-the-top? Yes, It's a Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Asian style dragon. Yes, it's Japanese Kanji on the apron. While we're at it, lets make that a German Bratwurst just for the sake of it... And he's referencing Mongolia, and he's selling to primarily Americans!!!111oneoneone
Now his shirt is somewhat multicultural. wow.

Thank you for trying to teach the world a lesson based on a witty shirt title and design, but really. I just want to wear the damn thing.

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
Re: Gimme s'more o' that

will probably be rejected for text.

IMHO it doesn't need the text anyway, it does not contribute to the aesthetics of the shirt. The beauty is in the simplicity... just let people get it.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: King of the Grill

thanks to all the "king of the grill" shirt fans! I forgot about Father's Day coming up... but this would be an excellent Father's Day present to myself so keep those votes coming

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Overindulgence

Nice take on the theme. Very well done! +1

xtinaftw

quality posts: 21 Private Messages xtinaftw
JoeDeth wrote:Love it! Voted!

Thanks JoeDeth, glad you love it! :D

LILgeeSams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LILgeeSams

Did I inspire, QformyJC? Cuz I drew some sample angry eyes for you.... I veiwed the original design being sketched! By the way...GMV! And knives job, ThreeMpress.

q4myJC wrote:it's true you did, i'm not sure if you were there when i finished my presketch, but mr. ThreeMpress pretty much exactly portrayed what I was imagining! Beautiful!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
kyle24lh wrote:what is the guy in the back with the cup overindulging?

Conversation

stpaul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpaul

Some BBQ

yay! in the fog! I hope it stays here. I haven't bought a woot shirt in about a month and I want this one!

[/quote]

ditto that.

We Call This Color: Fern Zuckerman Green
(book it!)

vilecharlotte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vilecharlotte
kyle24lh wrote:I don't get the "top to bottom" description...

It's an old "game" to play with children who aren't wearing their socks. You grab and wiggle their first toe (the pinky toe) and say the first line and on down the toes until you reach the large toe for which you say "And this little piggy Weeee weeee weeeee, All the way home!"

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: Overindulgence

Comedy-wise one of your best to date. I think most of us can identify with at least one character pictured, whether ourselves or someone we know. So glad this has fogged.. wishing you the very best of luck for a win.

dankstick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dankstick
Re: here would be paradise... if i can has

Dear Woot Gods,

There are distinct grill marks on the cheeseburger. This implies grilling outdoors. Why was this rejected when the following remain in the derby?

Don't hate on cooldog

Who's Got First Dibbs?

Close Crushin Skewer

Man, The Other White Meat

Wrong Hot Dog!

ChuckleNorris

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ChuckleNorris
Radscoolian wrote:My advice to you: put a kitty on his head. Oh, and make the kitty in illustrator and spend 4 minutes at maximum on the kitty. You should get many, many more votes.

I think I may resub with that. And maybe replace the hobo with an undead Darth Vader. That would sell like hotcakes.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: Who's Got First Dibbs?

I'm really surprised this hasn't received more votes. The expressions are priceless and an interesting take that I wouldn't have thought of myself. Well done.

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
dekonstruct wrote:This should be part of a Don Hertzfeldt animation.

MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
ChuckleNorris wrote:I think I may resub with that. And maybe replace the hobo with an undead Darth Vader. That would sell like hotcakes.

I would buy like 30 if you did that. Oh, what if you put on a scratch and sniff sticker so that it SMELLED like hot cakes? Would that count as one of your colors?

fredv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredv
Re: Some BBQ

Made me laugh out loud, even sort of snorted! Wilbur!

brownsquirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brownsquirrel
Re: BBQ Coat of Arms

!!!I hope this one fogs just like the salsa dancing one did !!! !!Woot! you sure are a master at fixing the game... Hopefully you'll come back with an I'm sorry foul for the other team and offer the Blue Footed Booby Dance of Seduction an Editor's Choice print!!

fredv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredv
JadenKale wrote:My mallows are always ready for a print, should woot decide to bring them back in a limited edition print. ;)

Yes, please, need 3 for gifts for summer camp. Really, I'm not being sarcastic. I am bummed I didn't get last summer for friends who vaca in Vermont every year.

BTW, this is cute, but last years 'mallows were more appropriate for my friends.

picasserole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
Re: Pre-cooked Meal For One

thanks woot, I'd wanted to delete yesterday, mistakenly thinking I had till Wednesday noon to do so.

sbjrenner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbjrenner
re: bbq coat of arms

When does it go on sale so I can get a few??!!

Jae87

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
Re: Divine BBQ

Lol, I like this shirt

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

Jae87

Re: Barbecue pride

Teehee, you're clever you. What with your word choice and all.

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

undfine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfine
DragonCMNDR wrote:will probably be rejected for text.

IMHO it doesn't need the text anyway, it does not contribute to the aesthetics of the shirt. The beauty is in the simplicity... just let people get it.

Thanks for the comments. You might be right about the text. It just needed something and I was hoping the white would help give it some texture without making the words too prominent.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Brutal Hot Dogs

Oh Burned!!!

Jae87

Re: BearBQ

Nice job shading! Brilliant work~♥

--Jae

Jae87

Re: BBQ Coat of Arms

This should be the Iron Chef uniform.

--Jae

duckcake

quality posts: 44 Private Messages duckcake
re: duck season

Aww rejected.. =( Although it doesn't surprise me it just a matter of time, but i don't get how this is "off topic" The challenge was a BBQ in any shape or form, elmer fudd is trying to BBQ daffy on a rotisserie... simple?

Hi people =þ

Jae87

Re: Mmmm Fire Roasted Popcorn

I'd wear that, it's cute! (I feel like I've said that a lot today, but I can't help it!)

--Jae

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Radscoolian wrote:do you draw your stuff on paper and then scan it in? If you don't, you should. When you build an image on illustrator without scanning it in first it tends to have that illustrator look.

I do draw the key parts, but don't have the ability to scan them in. So I usually end up using the brush/pencil tool to recreate what I had drawn. I have a tablet that gives a much more realistic hand drawn feel, but I don't use it much. Maybe I should.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
re: i like them on the grill

A bit of trivia about the book:
It was written to win a bet that he couldn't write a book using 50 words or less and it be a success.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Jae87 wrote:Cute bunnies :D

Thanks=)

undfine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfine
Re: Cows' Wish

Great expression! You've definitely gotten the simplicity down. I'm with you on your color choice.

KingPascal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingPascal
Re: Marinade Made Easy

Brilliant placement of the cows. I like the submeanings behind each one of them. If some of the text is removed this will definitely be a Top 3 Contender!

catgrok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catgrok
Re: Some Assembly Required

This is FANTASTIC -- the best shirt here! I love the design and the concept -- it's so clever!!!

KingPascal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingPascal

I can appreciate the blue colour for subtext representing the cooling of the characters from their indulgences. Maybe soon they will learn their lesson and begin to indulge only in increments for the next derby

alfbo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages alfbo
Re: Some BBQ

I liked your boobies better.

Imposter Pete was Unprepared for the Almost Human Nightmare Cuckoo Clock. The Walrus and Eggmen were the Height of Envy at the Monkey Bar. See the DJ spinning records on a Flora Phonograph while simultaneously playing Rock, Paper, Scissorhold.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

alfbo wrote:I liked your boobies better.

That's not the first time I've been told that.

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason
Re: Brutal Hot Dogs

This is rediculous, if you decide to submit this somewhere else, please PM me...my son really wants this shirt!

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Melkoret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melkoret
Re: Mongolian BBQ

I would buy a TV on woot just to be elligible to vote for this epic design!