3%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lonelypond

quality posts: 460 Private Messages lonelypond

Derby voters are liking the good looking atmospherics it seems. Nicely scenic.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Wait...where does werewolfskippy live?

Anyway, great design! Love the black silhouette.

nyenna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyenna

$12? Did I miss a newsletter about a price increase?

Not buying any more shirts until they bring back AA.

airjordants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants

It made it! I really didn't think it would make it into the top 3 (even though it is amazing), let alone #1!

wlowman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wlowman

Price increase top 12 bucks??

spilzer

quality posts: 121 Private Messages spilzer

Ooh this perfectly captures the feel of diving in a giant kelp forest. And I should know because I'm a marine biologist!

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Love the rich negative space on this one-- very artistic. Nice work, werewolfskippy!

departeddanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages departeddanger

This is a beautiful image, no doubt. But why in the world would I want to have it emblazoned on my chest as a T-shirt? I don't understand the attraction to scenic t-shirts. I thought for sure that "Waiting for the Sub" would win. Shame.

dbuggr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dbuggr
nyenna wrote:$12? Did I miss a newsletter about a price increase?

I was wondering the same thing. Wakko Talks Faboo! woot?

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan

Oh good - I'm so glad this won! Reminds me of happy days spent watching the Monterey Bay Aquarium's underwater kelp forest webcam when I should have been working. Every so often I'd holler "Shark!" and my office-mate would look wildly out the window. Good times.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

There are so many artsy things that I enjoy about this shirt The lighting and particle effects. The way the plants blend into the shirt. The shading. The splash of blue against the neutral colors on the shirt. All makes for a very nice shirt!

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

I've seen the kelp forest display at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and this really reminds me of it! It's a 28 foot display!

Wikipedia says that Kelp Forests are "recognized as one of the most productive and dynamic ecosystems on Earth."

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

The artist's bio seems to refer to the Kelpie from Celtic folklore.

departeddanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages departeddanger

I don't think scenic shirts sell well either, as seen by last week's two "scenic" derby winners currently near the bottom of the danger-zone and third placed "Deep Sea Reader" gaining ground at number 12.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

I love the beautifully rendered artistic shirts. But I just don't wear them.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell

Oh, good grief. Here we go again with the price increase speculation. People need to read!

Here's the notice about the price inflation...again.

nyenna

Tristan944 wrote:$12 new price? Prob wont ever buy again.

Same. The shirts are really nice, but a random price hike isn't.

nyenna

calebmitchell wrote:Oh, good grief. Here we go again with the price increase speculation. People need to read!

Here's the notice about the price inflation...again.

Well this sucks.

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

Look, it's an awesome design, but we've had SO many just like this recently.

www.jobezark.com

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

For those who missed it, http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21031

That is where they announced the price increase. It hit Monday. Shirts will be $12 the first day, still $15 after, and randoms are still $6.66.

*Sorry, I somehow missed that this was already up.

ArcheDiver

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ArcheDiver

Fantastic shirt. I'm a bay area dive instructor, do all my check out dives in Monterey. Can't wait to wear this shirt to get my students a taste of whats to come.

Nekkochan

A price increase? I shall now have a quick Joseph Conrad Moment. The horror! The horror!

Seriously. 2 bucks. After 4 years, if I read the price increase notice correctly. How is this the end of the world?

nyenna

Nekkochan wrote:A price increase? I shall now have a quick Joseph Conrad Moment. The horror! The horror!

Seriously. 2 bucks. After 4 years, if I read the price increase notice correctly. How is this the end of the world?

I never said it was the end of the world. I was merely surprised, is all. I hadn't seen the notice they'd be doing it, and this is the first shirt that caught my eye lately, so I hadn't seen it when going to purchase. Admittedly, $2 isn't a lot, but it's 20% of the original price, if I did my math correctly. While it hasn't been increased in years, it still adds up.

Though I'll probably continue buying them despite the price increase, and what I say about it. (I mean seriously, the designs are just like. Really, really nice occasionally.. usually.)

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I love the hundreds of small details within this work. Not just the waving fronds of the kelp, but if you look closely, you can see tiny images of fish and sharks.

Excellent detail work.

dxdn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dxdn

People, please chill out over the price increase. Everything costs more now. Woot could have probably introduced the change more smoothly, like making the price $11 for a while sometime in the past before jumping to $12, but seriously, $2.00 kills your purchase? It's 8 quarters! That tiny increase to maintain a daily updated, uniquely designed, limited-ish edition shirt printed on a high quality American-made cotton blank.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy
nyenna wrote:$12? Did I miss a newsletter about a price increase?

lolz - came to say this very thing

You've been put on posting probation for this post

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy
dxdn wrote:printed on a high quality American-made cotton blank.

You must not be getting the same shirts I am.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Beautiful design. My dad was an underwater photographer. He captured a lot of scenery like this in his dives.

Super kickass work! Also +1 for a great name, werewolfskippy!

dmgenesis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dmgenesis

Let's just hope this view wasn't somebody's last view. *crosses fingers*

subzero512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages subzero512

Really great design! I love the black shirts with cool designs woot has been selling over the past week or so.. keep them coming! Got the Astral Ark one today and I am wearing it at the moment :-)

Nekkochan

nyenna wrote:I never said it was the end of the world. I was merely surprised, is all.

Not pointing a finger at you! Just commenting in expectation of a lot of arm-waving.

markaley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markaley
airjordants wrote:It made it! I really didn't think it would make it into the top 3 (even though it is amazing), let alone #1!

i was just thinking the same thing

markaley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markaley
dxdn wrote:People, please chill out over the price increase. Everything costs more now. Woot could have probably introduced the change more smoothly, like making the price $11 for a while sometime in the past before jumping to $12, but seriously, $2.00 kills your purchase? It's 8 quarters! That tiny increase to maintain a daily updated, uniquely designed, limited-ish edition shirt printed on a high quality American-made cotton blank.

8 quarters may be too much for some like myself with large family to buy woot shirts for and it will kill my purchases

racheleluna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racheleluna

I'm reminded of high school and taking Aquatic Science, or "Underwater Basket-Weaving" as we called it because it was so easy. Ah, the good 'ole days.

yobackman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yobackman
dxdn wrote:People, please chill out over the price increase. Everything costs more now. Woot could have probably introduced the change more smoothly, like making the price $11 for a while sometime in the past before jumping to $12, but seriously, $2.00 kills your purchase? It's 8 quarters! That tiny increase to maintain a daily updated, uniquely designed, limited-ish edition shirt printed on a high quality American-made cotton blank.

Um ya how is telling us 8 quarters is the same as 2 bucks gonna make this seem different, unless we have a huge stash of quarters somewhere...

yobackman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yobackman

I still don't get why people people worship woot. It's just a company that sells stuff. You don't have to defend everything they say just because they made a clever post about it.

silentg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silentg

Why is everyone so upset about the moderate price inflation? Gasoline goes up $2 and literally doubled its price in a matter of a few years. You still buy gasoline. Woot! Shirts go up $2 (or 20%) and all of a sudden 'ZOMG nevar buying a shirt here again!!!!' I understand and support their justified choice. It was probably either this, or charge $2 for shipping

On to this particular shirt, I absolutely love the design. However I shall pass because its black. No no, I don't dislike ALL black t-shirts. It's just that the last black shirt I purchased here is a magnet for everything. I pull it out of the dryer and it looks like I left it on my bedroom floor for 3 weeks. If I need to take a lint roller to my shirts after they dry then I don't want to wear them. Sorry woot.

ninjit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjit
silentg wrote:...It's just that the last black shirt I purchased here is a magnet for everything. I pull it out of the dryer and it looks like I left it on my bedroom floor for 3 weeks. If I need to take a lint roller to my shirts after they dry then I don't want to wear them. Sorry woot.

Or... you need to just clean out the lint screen in your dryer.
May sound obvious, but I've been astounded by the number of people I've lived with, who never did this and then wondered why their clothes always take so long to dry, or were covered in lint.
I've never had this problem with washing/drying any of my clothes, anywhere.

Reibear

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reibear

This is beautiful. I got to visit the aquarium for free twice last quarter due to a class I was taking, and the kelp forest was my favorite part for sure. The huge windows and how the kelp would move, and the sunlight pouring in from above was just so overwhelmingly gorgeous.