BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

So... I have a set of art prints for sale today (until 11AM EST tomorrow) at stealthisart.com. It's kind of a neat site. It works like a daily tee site, only it's... art prints. The site's kind of new, so I'm not expecting much, but I thought some of you other artists might be interested in submitting some work. Also, I thought someone might want to buy my prints. Maybe. That would make me kind of happy.

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

thanks for adding yet another site i now have to check everyday to my ever-expanding list...

this is cool, thanks for sharing. hopefully a lot of the artists here will submit to that site, because i'm always seeing designs that i think, "man, that would look awesome on my wall, but i would never wear it on a shirt".

your dolls are freaking me out, though, and i think i would have nightmares over the dark print.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
BootsBoots wrote:So... I have a set of art prints for sale today (until 11AM EST tomorrow) at stealthisart.com. It's kind of a neat site. It works like a daily tee site, only it's... art prints. The site's kind of new, so I'm not expecting much, but I thought some of you other artists might be interested in submitting some work. Also, I thought someone might want to buy my prints. Maybe. That would make me kind of happy.

Now THAT is a fine fine use of Glow in the Dark. Much better than on a T-shirt.
For the record, what is the print process there? Certainly no limit to the number of ink colors, etc?

move along

BootsBoots

j5 wrote:Now THAT is a fine fine use of Glow in the Dark. Much better than on a T-shirt.
For the record, what is the print process there? Certainly no limit to the number of ink colors, etc?

It's not glow in the dark, just two prints that you can hang side by side, or above and below, or you can put the light one in your favorite child's bedroom, and the scary one in your problem child's room.

They're kind of a new site, so I haven't seen any of their prints in person, but I've heard good things, and this is what they say: They are printed on the latest high quality large format Epson printers on matte, fine art textured paper. These are high quality art prints, not a cheap poster.

BootsBoots

spacegirlag wrote:thanks for adding yet another site i now have to check everyday to my ever-expanding list...

this is cool, thanks for sharing. hopefully a lot of the artists here will submit to that site, because i'm always seeing designs that i think, "man, that would look awesome on my wall, but i would never wear it on a shirt".

your dolls are freaking me out, though, and i think i would have nightmares over the dark print.

Freaking people out makes me happy.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

For some reason, I read the web address as Stealth Is Art instead of Steal This Art. Not sure which would be a better company name...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tjschaeffer wrote:For some reason, I read the web address as Stealth Is Art instead of Steal This Art. Not sure which would be a better company name...

I did that too.

ps. cute art! :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

Nice work! I think it would make a neat T-shirt, too, but you'd have to rework the colors a bit (which might take too much away).

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
BootsBoots wrote:Freaking people out makes me happy.

*like*

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218

EFF YEAH!!!

I'm totally loving steal this art. I looked at the past steals, too, and found some awesome prints I have missed out on (especially the owl one "Guardian"). I'm going to have to lurk around over there and start getting me some wall art.

From the site's "About Us":
"To eliminate the high cost of custom framing and to keep it budget friendly, each print is sized to fit in a standard sized frame. The prints are super limited and only for sale for 24 hours. We only print these beautiful pieces on high quality fine art paper, because these are fine art prints, not cheap posters. And all artists retain rights to their work after the selling period is over."

Not sure what a "standard sized frame" is. 8.5 by 11? Also, shipping in the US is apparently $8.

BootsBoots

jsee1218 wrote:
Not sure what a "standard sized frame" is. 8.5 by 11?

They do the prints at different sizes. Usually somewhere around 16x20. Whatever's better for each piece. Mine's two 11x14 prints for the price of one.

"Standard sized" just means you could go almost anywhere that sells frames and they'd have the right sized frame to fit the art. You wouldn't have to get the print custom framed or anything.

Yay art!

BootsBoots

citizencoyote wrote:Nice work! I think it would make a neat T-shirt, too, but you'd have to rework the colors a bit (which might take too much away).

Thanks! I think so, too. I'd want to make it a glow-in-the dark tee, so I'd probably have to lose the neon colors in the second print. That's ok with me, though.

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218
BootsBoots wrote:They do the prints at different sizes. Usually somewhere around 16x20. Whatever's better for each piece. Mine's two 11x14 prints for the price of one.

"Standard sized" just means you could go almost anywhere that sells frames and they'd have the right sized frame to fit the art. You wouldn't have to get the print custom framed or anything.

Yay art!

Ah. That makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying!

Also, some of the prints may be NSFW (just from looking at the past steals part of the site...some prints have girls showing some boobage). Just FYI.

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51

Great stuff, Boots!

rellybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rellybob

Thanks for letting us know about this site!! I'm a bit put out that I didn't know about it earlier. ;P