WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you pay $1 more to have a design printed on an American Apparel tee (rather than Anvil)?
  • 40.8% - Yes 488
  • 28.1% - No 336
  • 31.2% - I don't buy many shirts here; I just enjoy answering poll questions 373
1197 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

caloby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caloby

I'm glad this pole finally came out. I've gone from several woot t-shirts to only 1 or 2 since the brand was changed. The new shirts are too thin and don't hold up well. Please, please get better shirts, even if I have to pay more.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Aww woot, don't tease me with this question. Just give me back my AA option.

smurfage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smurfage

To be clear, I shouted "yes!" at my screen in addition to voting.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

It would EASILY be worth the extra Washington. Hell, they could cost $15 on opening day and $20 on the reckoning and I'd still buy. It's still be a steal since Woot offers free shipping. Other stores, like Redbubble, charge $25+S&H, for DTG on AA.

Restoring my faith in Woot checklist:

[X] Bring back Original Woot Monkeys
[X] Bags of Crap (We had one April 1st)
[ ] Offer AA shirts again!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent

Haha - voted yes, but I have a feeling that tomorrow's poll will ask if I would be willing to pay $2 more for AA...and so on until they find the "sweet spot."

JethroOp369

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JethroOp369

YES. Or maybe no? Anvil shirts are saving me money.

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29

YES, YES, YES!!! Please just make it happen so I can start buying shirts & you can take my money. Stop being a tease woot, just bring 'em back pllleeaassseeee!!!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

I actually prefer the Anvil shirts.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Voted yes because I am still holding out hope that they will come back. $1 is fine by me, and I hope you guys try it out and see a massive resurgence of the old-school voters and comment makers when you do.

Making the right decision should be rewarded and I would be happy to reward woot in that way.

flusi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flusi

Please NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really don't like the AA shirts!

I ordered my normal order a while ago - an the shirt totally don't fit me!
Yes - I know - I could have looked it up.
But if you count on your normal size and the Tee you get is completly different, that's so not cool.
And because of going all the way to Germany, I can't order another shirt, cause the special spotlights are weeks ago then!

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

I would absolutely pay a dollar more. Then again, I'm saving money right now. But if the "All Designs" catalog had been available on AA when it started, I would have needed a new closet...... definitely more hangers.

Seriously Woot, just give your customers the option to choose and all the whining will stop, sales will increase, derby votes might increase (not sure), and maybe (fingers crossed) some of the artists who have left will come back. Win-Win.

07/11/14

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

I would definitely pay $1 more to buy a ladies tshirt printed on AA. I am so relieved and excited that you guys are taking my email I just sent you as well as all the other input from other wooters seriously... I hope.

PS. I wore my 'It Came Out of Nowhere' shirt to another High School I was subbing at yesterday. I had several students ask me where I got it.. It was too bad I had to tell them just a website..

yellowwducky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowwducky

I would like the option - I would have to dig through my closet to see which shirts I have that are AA and which are not but options are always better as a customer.

I would then choose my next shirt based on which version I preferred. As to the dollar, if the AA version is preferred, I wouldn't even think about an extra dollar.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Aw shirt.woot, it's not nice to tease. Two days in a row even.

Bring on the lucky 13s!

Thpbltblt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thpbltblt

I haven't bought many shirts from here. A few, but not many. Someone wanna explain the difference between the two?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

What an interesting poll on the heels of yesterday...Very interesting indeed.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at a Shirt.Woot status meeting.

I rarely, if ever, answer these polls, but today I will, because it might change something.

move along

The DarkSide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The DarkSide

I'd start buying t-shirts here if you use Hanes heavyweight t-shirts. The quality is excellent.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

My gods, yesssss! I would absolutely pay at least a dollar more to be to able to purchase a ladies' tee from you again!

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme
nycbrent wrote:Haha - voted yes, but I have a feeling that tomorrow's poll will ask if I would be willing to pay $2 more for AA...and so on until they find the "sweet spot."

That is why I will start voting 'no' after this.

elsupreme

Thpbltblt wrote:I haven't bought many shirts from here. A few, but not many. Someone wanna explain the difference between the two?

If you are tall and/or not large the Anvil shirts are pretty awful. They shrink more, their neck opetings are giagantic, and well they are short.

AA FOR LIFE!

elsupreme

yellowwducky wrote:I would like the option - I would have to dig through my closet to see which shirts I have that are AA and which are not but options are always better as a customer.

I would then choose my next shirt based on which version I preferred. As to the dollar, if the AA version is preferred, I wouldn't even think about an extra dollar.

I can tell you I have about 50 AA shirts, and ZERO Anvil shirts. Gave the three I bought away. They were terrible.

elsupreme

And I wouldn't put it past (old) WOOT! to just put these polls up to troll us. But I really hope there is hope for a return of AA shirts!

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

With the Anvil shirts, I can wear a ladies XL. With AA I have to wear a mens XL. The Ladies XL Anvil fits me better (something I appreciate, being that I'm a lady).

That said, the last "regular sale day" shirt I bought was on 10/1/2011 and that was when it was still AA. Since then, I've only gotten shirts from special sales (and one old design from the full catalog). But the reason I haven't been buying isn't the shirt brand change, it's that very few of the designs being offered in the last year and a half have interested me. In the past, there was a time when I was buying at least one design a month *shrug*

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

This is the first poll I've answered. Totally, yes! I've stopped buying shirts because the fit of the Anvils is so wonky. The cut of the women's shirts is unwearable (for me, at least) and way too big. Even worse is the kids' sizing. I have a pretty average-sized 8 year old, and the kids shirts are ridiculously short and wide with huge neck holes.

Actually, I don't even care if it's AA or not. I'll take any brand of shirt that has a more standard sizing.

amabbott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amabbott

i would pay more for a better quality shirt, but wouldn't pay a cent for anything from American Apparel, they're an appalling company that i would not wish to support in any way...

kristav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristav

American Apparel has horrible sizing!! I'll have to start buying a large instead of a medium.

g0ds4v3tehqu33n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages g0ds4v3tehqu33n

I can't support AA as a company. Awful.

rebiccola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rebiccola

I love the new shirts. They are so soft and comfortable, plus the neckline doesn't rub as much. My husband got a lot of skin tags from the AA shirts rubbing and irritating his neck.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Enthusiastic yes to AA.

Nothing follows.

sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

I don't think I'd pay more for AA, but I'd be willing to pay more for tall sizes in any brand. Nevertheless, I fully expect Woot! to stubbornly continue ignoring this issue.

amberpurcell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberpurcell

I actually really dislike American Apparel shirts :P
If woot switches to AA I would stop buying shirts here.

j5

Considering the poll results, I don't see that the option should be either/or, maybe something akin to "AA adder fee".

move along

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
bluejester wrote:Voted yes because I am still holding out hope that they will come back. $1 is fine by me, and I hope you guys try it out and see a massive resurgence of the old-school voters and comment makers when you do.

Making the right decision should be rewarded and I would be happy to reward woot in that way.

This.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:Considering the poll results, I don't see that the option should be either/or, maybe something akin to "AA adder fee".

Agreed! Instead of one or the other, keep the Anvil for those whose shirt needs are finally being served by it, and add the AA option with additional charges for those who like it better/were served best by it.

Also, [insert insider-y joke about "AA adder fee"].

heyytonytony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heyytonytony

Chipping in to support the return of AA (at least as an option - Woot's clearly split somewhat evenly between the two now).

I'm 6' and lanky.

Is this where my name goes?

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Definitely for the kids. I'm not entirely sure what kids those Anvil shirts are designed for. At least they're organic, I suppose.

j5

goldenthorn wrote:Also, [insert insider-y joke about "AA adder fee"].

And a hearty XY to U, too.

kevlar51 wrote:Definitely for the kids. I'm not entirely sure what kids those Anvil shirts are designed for. At least they're organic, I suppose.

My son.
He hates a collar against his neck and was always pulling on the collar of his AA shirts. Anvil works there.
OTOH, my daughter is tall and thin, so AA for her.

move along

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
j5 wrote:My son.
He hates a collar against his neck and was always pulling on the collar of his AA shirts. Anvil works there.
OTOH, my daughter is tall and thin, so AA for her.

The anvil collar drapes over my kid's shoulder.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kevlar51 wrote:The anvil collar drapes over my kid's shoulder.

sounds like a metaphor. "we all have to shoulder collars of anvils on our journeys through life, but those who endure eventually prevail" or somesuch.