WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Summertime! Vacation time! Cheap tourist slogan t-shirt time! Show us the kind of vacation slogan shirt you could only find in the tourist traps lining the waterfront at Shirt.Woot Bay. It'll be easy money. Those rubes will buy anything.

No text-only shirts. Some graphic element must be present.

Design must be on Black, Brown, Grass, Red, Navy, Baby Blue, Red, or Crème shirts.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 7 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Red's on there twice, you really want some red shirts dontcha? As Trekkies know, red shirts aren't a go!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Nice accent grave in crème.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

No pop culture restrictions?
I look forward to a run of three shirts suggesting I visit the Tardis (So Roomy Inside!). As a non-Dr. Who fan, it will save me money.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

So, it's another one of those weeks huh?

At least there are sometimes ports in the storm, did you guys see Edgar's barfing TV or Dianasprinkle's brainwashed bunny?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos
curli76 wrote:No pop culture restrictions?
I look forward to a run of three shirts suggesting I visit the Tardis (So Roomy Inside!). As a non-Dr. Who fan, it will save me money.

there goes my idea ☹

lol jk. I can only imagine the possibilities.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

Meh. Wish you would ban text.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

I wonder how many rejections we'll see from people using proper (aka Copyrighted) names. Woot is pretty strict about rejecting those kind of designs. Of course, what kind of vacation shirt is it if it doesn't actually name the place?

Well played, woot. Well played.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Please reject any shirt that includes "...and all I got was this stupid t-shirt."

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

How about just rejecting shirts that violate the rules? I understand that Shirt.Woot is now a 'do more with less' place now, but there were several shirts that should have gotten the big red stamp for subject matter, not following the submission standards or an resub of old designs without ANY revision.

I know, they didn't stand a chance of printing, but it gives people the impression that it's ok to submit anything and everything. Quality designs drown in the junk.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

To be clear, should it be real places or fictional places ala Derby #218: New Landmarks

Mavyn wrote:How about just rejecting shirts that violate the rules? I understand that Shirt.Woot is now a 'do more with less' place now, but there were several shirts that should have gotten the big red stamp for subject matter, not following the submission standards or an resub of old designs without ANY revision.

I know, they didn't stand a chance of printing, but it gives people the impression that it's ok to submit anything and everything. Quality designs drown in the junk.

Having to deal with resource constraints in my own area, I can fully understand how rejecting bad designs falls to the bottom of the priority list.

move along

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Thinking about something like this... maybe with some more flare in the actual art part. Like to astronauts laying on beach towels.

Feedback is appreciated.

cynic11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynic11

thinking "tatooine" with a slogan " i just visited a place with two suns and still cant get a base coat"

thoughts?

Mavyn

j5 wrote:
Having to deal with resource constraints in my own area, I can fully understand how rejecting bad designs falls to the bottom of the priority list.

Yeah, I know. I get it. It's still frustrating to see, especially if you try being helpful to new artists and they argue back.

I wonder if they will be hiring more people or if this is the new way of things? :/

j5

Mavyn wrote:Yeah, I know. I get it. It's still frustrating to see, especially if you try being helpful to new artists and they argue back.

I wonder if they will be hiring more people or if this is the new way of things? :/

I feel you. It's frustrating.
I suggest...Volunteer rejectionators! Step right up and kick some crap. (I know, won't happen, but still)

move along

Mavyn

j5 wrote:I feel you. It's frustrating.
I suggest...Volunteer rejectionators! Step right up and kick some crap. (I know, won't happen, but still)

Setup a 'reject' button visible to a select few (artists, regulars) with a drop down for reasons. If it gets enough 'hits', auto-reject with the canned response.

I suspect it would be more popular than the editors choice printing.

j5

Mavyn wrote:Setup a 'reject' button visible to a select few (artists, regulars) with a drop down for reasons. If it gets enough 'hits', auto-reject with the canned response.

With great power comes gre[REJECTED]!

move along

orabbit

Mavyn wrote:Setup a 'reject' button visible to a select few (artists, regulars) with a drop down for reasons. If it gets enough 'hits', auto-reject with the canned response.

I think that's a dangerous ide[REJECTED]

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Yeah I agree with you guys, it's important to keep rejecting designs whether they're contenders or not. It makes the rules clear, but more importantly the hotness is very important for getting your design exposure and having the chance to rise up the ranks.

For every off topic, wrong color, rule breaking design that's in the hotness, someone is losing out on visibility and votes.

It would also be nice if "no text only shirts" didn't mean that text and a wingding was fine. Significant graphical element should be the rule.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

YES!!!! NO SILVER OR GREY!!! XD

oakenspirit

quality posts: 84 Private Messages oakenspirit
Spiritgreen wrote:Yeah I agree with you guys, it's important to keep rejecting designs whether they're contenders or not. It makes the rules clear, but more importantly the hotness is very important for getting your design exposure and having the chance to rise up the ranks.

For every off topic, wrong color, rule breaking design that's in the hotness, someone is losing out on visibility and votes.

It would also be nice if "no text only shirts" didn't mean that text and a wingding was fine. Significant graphical element should be the rule.

This is a smart and valid point...

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
oakenspirit wrote:This is a smart and valid point...

Seems there is room for intelligent discussio[REJECTED]

oakenspirit

PixelPants wrote:Seems there is room for intelligent discussio[REJECTED]

Hmm I wonder...

CATSCATSCATSCATSCATSCATSCATS!!!

Cats seem safe guys!

nblottie

Ok, did a clean line grey version. Thinking of putting it on Creme with some summer/red planet colors to make it feel like a beach shirt. Thoughts?

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
nblottie wrote:

Great composition. I also enjoy the tagline. The only thing that bothers me are the shadows for 2023, you should be able to copy the white numbers layer and slide it under for better shadow angles, no?

michesco89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but there is a giant button on the voting page that says "Tattle On This" that allows you to air your grievances about the shirt and why it doesn't meet guidelines, or why the design shouldn't be allowed and thus, Rejected. Whether or not Woot editors actually read these tattles, I cannot tell you, but the button is there.

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5

I really like this shirt. Couple of comments: there is an awful lot of text. I think people will get the idea with the lifetime comment. Then you don't need all the text below it. I am not wild about shirts where someone has to stare at my chest to read the small print.

Also - Mars is the red planet. But I would probably buy it in crème because I would love to go to Mars.

nblottie wrote:Ok, did a clean line grey version. Thinking of putting it on Creme with some summer/red planet colors to make it feel like a beach shirt. Thoughts?

jayne5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayne5

Thinking about it some more: If you got rid of the text after "lifetime", you could also get rid of the bottom line of blasters, so it would be cleaner. Just a thought.

jayne5 wrote:I really like this shirt. Couple of comments: there is an awful lot of text. I think people will get the idea with the lifetime comment. Then you don't need all the text below it. I am not wild about shirts where someone has to stare at my chest to read the small print.

Also - Mars is the red planet. But I would probably buy it in crème because I would love to go to Mars.

nblottie

Good stuff, I tried something different with the shadows but it didn't work. Might attempt a rainbow trail kinda thing.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

A color sketch of why first idea. Its kinda cheezy, but I hope to make it vintage travel poster style...
*EDIT* I forgot to say that input is appreciated

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

j5

SkekTek wrote:

Wafflopolis and Pancakeistan?

move along

orabbit

jessisima wrote:A color sketch of why first idea. Its kinda cheezy, but I hope to make it vintage travel poster style...
*EDIT* I forgot to say that input is appreciated

Yes please! Carry on.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:Wafflopolis and Pancakeistan?

Flapjacksonville.

Nothing follows.

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

Could someone refresh my memory... how many colors max can we use for derby submissions?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
valorandvellum wrote:Could someone refresh my memory... how many colors max can we use for derby submissions?

Six

Nothing follows.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
j5 wrote:Wafflopolis and Pancakeistan?

It's an old design I'm thinking of revamping. Pancakestan does sound better than Pancakia- I like that!

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

Thanks!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
j5 wrote:I feel you. It's frustrating.

lol... I'll give you an A for effort but that is all you will get !

oakenspirit

Here's what I'm working on...

Monkey Island is a REAL ISLAND... in fact- there are multiple MONKEY ISLANDS around the world- AND the games were never named JUST Monkey Island... Think this will fly?