3%
69%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thumperchick

quality posts: 250 Private Messages thumperchick

Sweet, I got first sucker for the first time!

Also, thanks for the option of AA - this shirt marks the return of my impulsive shirt shopping.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
thumperchick wrote:Sweet, I got first sucker for the first time!

Also, thanks for the option of AA - this shirt marks the return of my impulsive shirt shopping.

You and me both. This is the 3rd shirt out of the last 5 that I've bought.

My favorite part of this shirt is the alien. Congrats on the print!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

LOVE THIS!

But of course I would deny it...

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

I wish the bottom tag said "Population: You"

Parkertron

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Parkertron

I've lived here most of my life, now I have to take drugs to get back there.

lordbowen

quality posts: 292 Private Messages lordbowen

I see a lumberjack and an alien, but where's Cleopatra? Where's the queen?

skievlan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skievlan

Woot is the difference between the aa shirts and that other one. Wait.. can it really be that obvious? Tell me because I don't know what to do. Too many choices.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

This is my favorite Woot shirt in ages :D Felt great to be able to buy it on AA!

theimmc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages theimmc

Need t-shirts for the neighboring states, Intoxication and Insanity.

theimmc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages theimmc
skievlan wrote:Woot is the difference between the aa shirts and that other one.

The difference is, of course, $1.

lonelypond

quality posts: 451 Private Messages lonelypond

Smiles look just shaky enough that eventually the subconscious will start to wonder, 'wait, what's really happening.' Except the sun, which is solidly committed to this who cares how much is in the glass, we'll just SMILE plan.

skievlan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skievlan
theimmc wrote:The difference is, of course, $1.

There is no other difference? Texture, sizing, style, durability, etc, is all the same?

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin
skievlan wrote:There is no other difference? Texture, sizing, style, durability, etc, is all the same?

He was kidding around. From my understanding there is a very different cut for females sizes between the two brands. For men, it sounds like AA is more slim fit and better for skinny/athletic guys and Anvil is from what i understand more thick fabric and more of a boxy type cut. Also, people prefer AA because the shirts are made in America.

mrpockets19

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrpockets19

What better way to show your support against climate change than to buy a tshirt that was made through the same resource-wasting processes that got us into this mess in the first place!?

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat

Dear Woot. I will now buy shirts again now that you brought back AA. Not only do they fit better. They are made in America.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Your first derby win! How did it take this long? ::shakes voters::

Congratulations, in for one!

marielabuchanan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marielabuchanan

This shirt makes a great Fathers Day present for someone I know in that State!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

I'm so happy this printed! Congrats, Nichol! This is the first shirt I've bought for myself since... I can't remember when. A very very long time. It's just that awesome.

acraigl

quality posts: 57 Private Messages acraigl

Love the scrawled smiles on everything. Has that perfect balance of irrational optimism. Perfect

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

It's good to know our heavenly bodies can identify which end of a cow is the front.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
skievlan wrote:Woot is the difference between the aa shirts and that other one. Wait.. can it really be that obvious? Tell me because I don't know what to do. Too many choices.

If you feel like reading a lot, here are three threads in which fellow Wooters have chimed in on:
American Apparel or Anvil? For A Limited Time, Take Your Pick
Time to Change Our Shirt: Shirt.Woot Now Using Anvil Blank Tees

Let's Talk Lady Sizes

If you don't feel like reading through all that, then here's my perspective:

- Manufacturing: American Apparel (AA) shirts are made in the USA from fabric knitted by themselves in the USA - Los Angeles, CA to be specific; wages start at $12/hour. Anvil shirts are made in Honduras or Nicaragua from fabric knitted by themselves in Honduras; wages are about $8/day.

- Sizing, length: Anvil shirts start off shorter and shrink more; my experience is 2.5% shrinkage when line dried and 10% after a couple trips through the dryer. AA shirts start off longer and shrink less - <1% line dried, 2.5% dryer.

- Sizing, width: Both start off about the same. AA will tighten up a slight bit, Anvil will loosen up a slight bit. For a pictorial comparison on both these aspects, click here; both are size men's large - the AA shirt underneath is over a year old, the Anvil is less than 6 weeks.

- Cut, sleeves: Anvil is a cut larger and longer versus AA.

- Cut, neck line: Anvil is cut much much wider than AA; here are a couple pics.

- Cost: Wholesale, Anvil shirts cost less than AA, hence the difference in your purchase price.

- Feel: This is subjective, but I find the Anvil shirts to lose some softness after a few washes. By no means do I find them "like sandpaper", though.

- Overall: Everybody is different, and there are enough differences between the two that would sway the consumer towards one or another.

On a personal note, I will GLADLY pay the extra dollar for the AA shirts (which retail for $18, blank).

For everyone, remember to pay attention to the sizing charts!

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

I hope this doesn't mean Woot is planning on switching to American Apparel full time. I can't speak for everyone here, but some of us are getting older and not as athletic/slim as we used to be. I'm not that big, but I think if I buy AA shirts I need to buy 2 sizes larger and even then they'd be tight.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
yuppicide wrote:I hope this doesn't mean Woot is planning on switching to American Apparel full time. ...

Right now, it's a trial run, more so for the logistic aspects at Woot (as I see it). As everybody's body is different, the best course of action for Wooters is for Woot to continue to offer both in the future.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Big contracts Marzipanapple!!!!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow

I love that lumberjack. I bought the shirt because of him, the rest is just an awesome bonus.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

OK, who's been taking bites out of the scenery? Fess up, don't deny it now. ;P

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Wooo! Congrats, marzipanapple! Got mine. :D

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Hooray! My boyfriend and I both got one because of the awesomeness. However, we won't wear them at the same time because that's just annoying to everyone.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats marzipanapple! This is amazing!!!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 34.996s
First Sucker: thumperchick
Last Wooter to Woot: egofreaky
Last Purchase: a minute ago

First day sales 970 AA & Anvil
First day posts 29

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

Damn, I'm bummed I missed this one yesterday. It almost feels like the old shirt.woot--tshirts I actually want to wear, that come in my size, and are only available for a limited time....

I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone ordered AA by mistake? Women's medium AA if anyone has one they don;t want....

atmyapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atmyapple

Shows both Anvil and AA sizing but no option to specify in order. I want AA, is it still available?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

atmyapple wrote:Shows both Anvil and AA sizing but no option to specify in order. I want AA, is it still available?

Our apologies, the shirt information should update soon.

The only options we allow in the Reckoning (at the moment) are Anvil shirts.

gertiestn

I ordered this one on an AA & figured the extra buck was worth it. And it might have been, except that the printing job on this is just abysmal. The yellow letters are so poorly inked that you can't farking read the shirt! Call me picky, but I think "to the sunny state of" should be legible. And you can forget about "where everything is just fine."

Of course, this might be irony at work: the shirt meant to mark the end of Woot as we knew it.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
gertiestn wrote:I ordered this one on an AA & figured the extra buck was worth it. And it might have been, except that the printing job on this is just abysmal. The yellow letters are so poorly inked that you can't farking read the shirt!

I think this one's on the artist, not woot. The "distressed" font is simply too "distressed" - especially when reduced to the smaller print used for the women's shirt, it's nearly impossible to read.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

gertiestn

neuropsychosocial wrote:I think this one's on the artist, not woot. The "distressed" font is simply too "distressed" - especially when reduced to the smaller print used for the women's shirt, it's nearly impossible to read.

But I think that it's reasonable to expect the shirt to look like the pictures we're ordering from. If I'd known the words on the shirt were not going to be readable, I wouldn't have ordered a shirt. And if that means that Woot should impose limits upon what fonts & size can be used in submissions, so be it.

gertiestn

And the unreadable letters on this shirt were on the biggest shirt available: Mens 3X.

thumperchick

quality posts: 250 Private Messages thumperchick

My first return purchase on AA (ML)- font is unreadable and one of my hills is darkened by a layer of smog. I'm thinking someone was too enthusiastic with the brown ink.

gertiestn

thumperchick wrote:My first return purchase on AA - font is unreadable and one of my hills is darkened by a layer of smog. I'm thinking someone was too enthusiastic with the brown ink.

Ya know, I hate that it happened to someone else, but part of me is glad, too, because it proves that it ain't just me.