You can almost feel the English mist!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

T-shirts are cool.

It's larger on the inside.

Perfect for your companion.

CasualSax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CasualSax

I'm kinda over shirt designs using other's intellectual property.

24 x woots (0 Bunnies Ogling Carrots )
23 x shirts (18 Random )
.5 x wine (split order)
5 x sellout (mandatory parentheses)
1 x kids (did I win yet?)

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Great atmosphere in this design.
It kinda reminds me of the episodes with the First Doctor. If you ever watch the episode "The Unearthly Child," then it ends with the TARDIS sitting on a rocky horizon, with fog rolling in.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
CasualSax wrote:I'm kinda over shirt designs using other's intellectual property.

I'm not seeing the parody in this either myself. I mean, I really like the look, and it is a well done design but...truthfully I remember a derby a while back where there was a design that was a cave painting that had a cartoonish looking TARDIS and stick figure 11th doctor (you could tell it was him because they drew cross trainers on the figure) and companion running away from stick figure Daleks. It was rejected for not being runnable.

Yet here we are with design that is straight up TARDIS, no parody, no nothing. Just a really cool TARDIS.

pkrzycki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkrzycki

Shut up and take my God-Dammed Money!!!!

chefjoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefjoe
bluejester wrote:I'm not seeing the parody in this either myself. I mean, I really like the look, and it is a well done design but...truthfully I remember a derby a while back where there was a design that was a cave painting that had a cartoonish looking TARDIS and stick figure 11th doctor (you could tell it was him because they drew cross trainers on the figure) and companion running away from stick figure Daleks. It was rejected for not being runnable.

Yet here we are with design that is straight up TARDIS, no parody, no nothing. Just a really cool TARDIS.

Amazon lawyers on retainer now ? Probably makes it much easier to not self-police every single design just in case some larger conglomerate decided to sue little old woot.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
bluejester wrote:I'm not seeing the parody in this either myself. I mean, I really like the look, and it is a well done design but...truthfully I remember a derby a while back where there was a design that was a cave painting that had a cartoonish looking TARDIS and stick figure 11th doctor (you could tell it was him because they drew cross trainers on the figure) and companion running away from stick figure Daleks. It was rejected for not being runnable.

If he had trainers, it was the 10th Doctor.

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond
zekecatz wrote:You can almost feel the English mist!

looks like it's about to lift off the shirt, nice effect...although, I have to sidle toward the crowd gathering at the foot of Mt. Where's My Non Pop Culture option (oh wait, they're actually gathering at Mt. Where's My Parody...)

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart
lonelypond wrote:looks like it's about to lift off the shirt, nice effect...although, I have to sidle toward the crowd gathering at the foot of Mt. Where's My Non Pop Culture option (oh wait, they're actually gathering at Mt. Where's My Parody...)

Personally, I'm a member of the "Where's the white summer T's" group over by the BBQ.

This is a nice design, but I have enough dark shirts.

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

I think we are all missing that: THE JOKE'S ON US!!!

"Things Waiting in the Darkness"???

The Darkness is the upcoming, as-yet-unknown woot! Derby.

And - as the shirt portrays - you can bet your bippy there'll be a Tardis waiting there.

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond
DavidHart wrote:Personally, I'm a member of the "Where's the white summer T's" group over by the BBQ.

Watch out for the sauce splatter zone ; )

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

This shirt evokes a rather ominous feeling.

I wonder is it OK to just use the image of the British police call box and where does the line get crossed to making it a Tardis exactly. Not trying to take "sides" in the intellectual property debate, just curious. I mean I understand that the blue box is probably better known along the lines of Dr Who vs the British Police, and BBC does apparently have a patent on it, but if that's the case then every blue police box t-shirt out there on every pop culture/nerd site could be a problem.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose
bluejester wrote:Yet here we are with design that is straight up TARDIS, no parody, no nothing. Just a really cool TARDIS.

I'm no lawyer, but surely BBC doesn't own the IP rights to 1930's police boxes?

Edit: Maybe they do, actually. Honestly, how silly is that?

And this was a fun read: http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/real-police-box-history.html

aidey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aidey

A little research reveals that the BBC has trademarked the BLUE police call box. Since the police call box existed outside of Doctor Who, and it this one isn't blue it might not fall under trademark. It is a technicality sure, but it might be enough of one that it convinced Woot to allow the design.

mrbarister

quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrbarister
CasualSax wrote:I'm kinda over shirt designs using other's intellectual property.

Unless you design all of your own shirts, you are always wearing another person's intellectual property!

While any public call box implies Tardis, this one isn't blue, and you can't see the outline all the way around, so it may very well be much bigger on the outside

mfpmax

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mfpmax

So tempting...I get comments on a regular basis when I wear my Tardis/Delorean "mash up" shirt.

Soapie0

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Soapie0

As a Whovian, I love it; but as a Woot shirt wearer I have to pass. The last couple of dark shirts from Woot have had the picture virtually disappear and now I have a solid black shirt and a solid dark grey shirt (and I swear there used to be clever words and pictures on both). No more dark Woot shirts for me. Even if it is a non-official TARDIS, and just a dark British police call box. Sigh!

Misty Walker

captainryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainryn

I don't usually find shirts I absolutely have to have on shirt.woot but this one . . . this shirt was an instabuy. It's so dark and foreboding, so full of the promise of darkness, and it's entirely fantastic.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

We put tardises on things!

barbs13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbs13

This design screams "Can You Make It to the Box?" I don't think so.

sigifreud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigifreud
Spiritgreen wrote:We put tardises on things!

I think the plural is Tardi!!

tinachaffee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tinachaffee

I want this. Like a&f, you have not "targeted" me, but I want this.

bendb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bendb
Invisiblemoose wrote:And this was a fun read: http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/real-police-box-history.html

It was indeed a fun read. Recommended!

stormshadow999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stormshadow999
bluejester wrote: ...just a really cool TARDIS.

I think that's an oxymoron. Why doesn't Woot just make "WhoShirt.Woot.com" already and get it over with? I'm tired of seeing essentially the same image on so many shirts. How many TARDIS designs does anyone need? That's a rhetorical question, by the way--no need for the Doctor geeks to use some inside quote to tell me the answer is an infinite amount.

allykat26

quality posts: 3 Private Messages allykat26

Ok Someone Help Me Out Here..... Now There Are Two Shirt Manufacturer Options.... Which Is WHich? Ive Been Buying Woot Shirts For About Three Years And I Liked The Ones That TheY Quit Selling Like Six Months+ Ago.... Which One Do I Want?

If I Were Home I Would Just Check Them. Thx In Advance!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Who farted?

Get it? Get it?

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
allykat26 wrote:Ok Someone Help Me Out Here..... Now There Are Two Shirt Manufacturer Options.... Which Is WHich? Ive Been Buying Woot Shirts For About Three Years And I Liked The Ones That TheY Quit Selling Like Six Months+ Ago.... Which One Do I Want?

I need an answer on this too before I order for my daughter

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
allykat26 wrote:Ok Someone Help Me Out Here..... Now There Are Two Shirt Manufacturer Options.... Which Is WHich? Ive Been Buying Woot Shirts For About Three Years And I Liked The Ones That TheY Quit Selling Like Six Months+ Ago.... Which One Do I Want?

The shirt blanks you want are American Apparel (made in America). :^)

allykat26

quality posts: 3 Private Messages allykat26
Spiritgreen wrote:The shirt blanks you want are American Apparel (made in America). :^)

Thanks! Thought So But Wanted To Be Sure.

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking
Spiritgreen wrote:The shirt blanks you want are American Apparel (made in America). :^)

Is the reason why we want them because they are made in America or is it the fact that they are made in America that means they arent as thin and baggy as the anvil shirts?

I am quite underwhelmed by the feel of the Anvil shirts I received they are way to thin and I have not ordered an American Apparel are the AA shirts thicker and less baggy?

I ordered your diamond miner design on anvil and I love the design but the print came really faded, the blues even look silver I am probably gonna contact woot about that one.

bluntmad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bluntmad

You cant spell Tardis without tard!!!

shar4ie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shar4ie

Yeah, the American apparel shirts are the way to go. I stopped buying woot shirts when they switched to anvil, but now that they'll back I've started again.

angelofchaos99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelofchaos99

I'm glad to see the AA option for these shirts as opposed to the Anvil - I stopped buying the Woot shirts when they were no longer made in the USA.

One thing still gives me pause: the extremely thin fabric of the T-shirts. I know that's supposedly the current "style." However, if I'm going to get a Woot shirt with a cool design on it, I want to be able to show it off more than a few times before it develops holes.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for shirts that aren't so disposable. I really like the Tardis design, but it's a poor investment until it's on a thicker shirt.

Guys, are your shirts extremely thin as well? Or are they more durable than the ladies' shirts? If they are, then maybe I should order a men's version of this instead.

robejacobs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robejacobs
angelofchaos99 wrote:I'm glad to see the AA option for these shirts as opposed to the Anvil - I stopped buying the Woot shirts when they were no longer made in the USA.

One thing still gives me pause: the extremely thin fabric of the T-shirts. I know that's supposedly the current "style." However, if I'm going to get a Woot shirt with a cool design on it, I want to be able to show it off more than a few times before it develops holes.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks more for shirts that aren't so disposable. I really like the Tardis design, but it's a poor investment until it's on a thicker shirt.

Guys, are your shirts extremely thin as well? Or are they more durable than the ladies' shirts? If they are, then maybe I should order a men's version of this instead.

Thicker shirts don't necessarily hold up better to wear than thinner ones. Anvil shirts are decently made, but American Apparel hold up better for me, despite being thinner. Don't know about the mens/ladies comparison here because I'm male and when I do wear womens' clothing, I rarely go for something so mundane as a t-shirt.

phantompeanut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phantompeanut

Not to be a negative nancy, but even if I liked this design I wouldn't buy it, the perspective is wrong on the windows and the white square under the windows, it's bothering me so much lol

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
stormshadow999 wrote:I think that's an oxymoron. Why doesn't Woot just make "WhoShirt.Woot.com" already and get it over with? I'm tired of seeing essentially the same image on so many shirts. How many TARDIS designs does anyone need? That's a rhetorical question, by the way--no need for the Doctor geeks to use some inside quote to tell me the answer is an infinite amount.

I don't understand how every Dr. Who fan in the world doesn't have an entire closet full yet. When will the demand for these incredibly original shirts finally be filled?

Hippie2MARS

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hippie2MARS

The Woot gods have been very kind to me this week! I recently broke my foot and have been laid up collecting disability insurance instead of my paycheck. Naturally my boyfriend's birthday is coming up. I usually get him an expensive new electronic "toy" but this year I simply cannot.So, enter Woot! So far I snagged some Vibram 5 Finger shoes for less than $30 and THIS awesome shirt. He needs the shoes as his beloved Vibram's are almost worn out, and we both LOVE Dr. Who...and believe it or not the only Dr. Who shirt I've bought him is the classic Tardis vs. DeLorean shirt from Woot. I'm a happy camper!

prokanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prokanda

Oh WOW! No way! Another Dr. Whocares shirt on one of the daily shirt sites! We never get these. What a treat.