2%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jerriko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerriko

I'd say it was more of a teleportation device, unless you count the song that makes it turn into night time.

I do like the design.

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn

I feel even more lost than usual. Would someone please explain?

tumor20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tumor20

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
gertiestn wrote:I feel even more lost than usual. Would someone please explain?

Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time pinballs off Dr. Who.

To me, it looks more like a kicky cross between a shark and a space ship...

lichme

quality posts: 2761 Private Messages lichme

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

Oh... for some reason I was thinking it was a bowling ball for aliens.

teruokun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teruokun

I figured it was from Majora's Mask, where you constantly are rewinding time.

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn

Thanks. Now I just feel old, but I'm going to try to avoid the cure for that, at least for a while.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Here's an image to help add a bit of context.

...and to heck with sleeping tonight.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Here I was interpreting the ocarina as a time machine because when I play LoZ:anything I end up losing track of time and *bam!* before I know it hours and hours have disappeared. That's my time machine.

thethatcher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thethatcher

After Zelda taught link the song of time she always got upset at him when he was late...

frickinawesome

quality posts: 6 Private Messages frickinawesome

I'd take this over a rickety police box any day of the week!

But probably not over a car with wings for doors. Just being honest.

llocutus

quality posts: 5 Private Messages llocutus

But it was the sword in OOT that rewound time. :/

silvermaneofthemoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silvermaneofthemoon
llocutus wrote:But it was the sword in OOT that rewound time. :/

In Majora's Mask you used the Song of Time played on the Ocarina of Time to return to the dawn of the first day. Essentially going back in time.

brettod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brettod
thethatcher wrote:After Zelda taught link the song of time she always got upset at him when he was late...

I never caught that before! Wow, respect for that game (series) just exploded.

Torvik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Torvik
llocutus wrote:But it was the sword in OOT that rewound time. :/

I was totally with you, until I remembered how the game ended, and how Link returned to his childhood.

No, wait. Even then, it ends with him walking away from the Master Sword.

Ocarina of TIME?! Bah.

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

This all ways got stuck in my head, I'd just like to share now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-I_Y9agnUc

pepperchick240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepperchick240

It's a musical instrument called a "sweet potato"

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

Temple of Time not included.

The picture of the ocarina is unmistakable and pretty accurate.

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

►,A,▼,►,A,▼

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

I don't get it. A blue nipple? A pacifier?

trinity343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trinity343
jerriko wrote:I'd say it was more of a teleportation device, unless you count the song that makes it turn into night time.

I do like the design.

agreed.

The Orcarina wasn't a time machine it was for teleporting from one place to another.

The master sword in the stone at the temple of time was the time machine

dkinskey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dkinskey

In case you want more than just what the Ocarina plays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmDkhNz0JQw
My job here is done.

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe
trinity343 wrote:agreed.

The Orcarina wasn't a time machine it was for teleporting from one place to another.

The ocarina was a spell casting device, it did all sorts of jazz.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel
jerriko wrote:I'd say it was more of a teleportation device, unless you count the song that makes it turn into night time.

I do like the design.

the one that turns you from young to old and back as well

kevmiester

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kevmiester
woottoady wrote:I don't get it. A blue nipple? A pacifier?

I thought it was a shower head.

Had to read the comments... and I'm still not 100% sure I grasp what it is......

I was an Atari 2600 kid.... No Zelda for me....

dcfunke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dcfunke
trinity343 wrote:agreed.

Rauru the Sage (in the Golden Land's Temple of Time) tells Link that the only reason he was locked away for 7 years was that he was too young to wield the sword.

The Master Sword basically had a spell cast upon it ("Whosoever pulleth this sword from the pedestal must be at least 15 years old!" or some such). It was NOT the time machine. The time travel came from the Temple and the Pedestal. The Temple of Time itself, or perhaps the Pedestal, was the time machine.

The Ocarina was linked to the Temple and also had powers over time and space.

Seriously people, this is important stuff!

graywh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages graywh

I thought this was appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAT4Fc2phRA

This guy does a capella arrangements of video game music.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

If only this allowed me to go back in time to when AA blanks were used so I could buy this sweet shirt!

Come on WOOT! offer AA shirts at $15 or something.

theonlyghost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theonlyghost

I do like the design.

In Majora's Mask it worked as a time machine of sorts and Zelda sends Link back in time at the end of OoT with it. And it's pieced from parts of timeshift stones from Skyward Sword which could also manipulate time.

The complexity of Ocarina of Time's time traveling spawns infinite theories, and timelines apparently

benrifkah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benrifkah

There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My time machine is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My time machine, without me, is useless. Without my time machine, I am useless. I must play my time machine true. I must play more constantly than Gannondorf who is trying to kill me. I must defeat him before he enters the Sacred Realm. I will...

My time machine and I know that what counts in this war is not the rhythm we play, the vibrato of our burst, nor applying portamento to the notes we make. We know that it is the order of the notes that count. We will play the notes in order...

My time machine is [s]Kokiri[/s] Hyrulean, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its fipple, its thumb holes, its finger holes and its mouthpiece. I will keep my time machine clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before the Golden Goddesses, I swear this creed. My time machine and I are the defenders of my world. We are the masters of Gannondorf. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is Hyrule's and there is no enemy, but peace!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
kevmiester wrote:I was an Atari 2600 kid.... No Zelda for me....

I'm halfway with you there, fellow old fart. I did have a NES though and played Zelda 1 and 2 before diving head first into the world of PC gaming.

Annoying fairies, chickens, ocarina, time travel, child Link.. do not care for!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

redstang

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redstang
pupyluvr wrote:Oh... for some reason I was thinking it was a bowling ball for aliens.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing, like it was some sort of bowling ball stretched through space/time.

Timing is everything - especially when wOOting!

zfactor

quality posts: 11 Private Messages zfactor

good luck to anyone who gets a defective shirt. i did and while they issued a refund they proceeded to tell me they had to because the shirt was no longer available. oh but wait it is.. but not for the 10$ i paid during the woot off now its 18$. but they proceed to tell me its not available any more but i can add one to my cart and buy on this very minute, the shirt i ordered was a gift to someone and woot expects a refund of 10$ to have to re-buy for 18$ to be good customer service?? sorry but a bit annoyed at this. the quality of the newer shirts sucks compared to the aa versions. the one received had basically all the stitching on the arm falling out.

LOVE my woot shirts and this is the first time i had a issue with one. i would not be so harsh if this was not promised to someone already either. but if this is how they are handled ill pass from now on. didnt know where else to post this and apologize if this should not be here.

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421

Time machine, indeed. Any sighting of an ocarina instantly flips me back to 1966, and "Wild Thing".

In ancient times, we played games in something called the "living room". Now, you kids get off my local area wideband network!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

zfactor wrote:good luck to anyone who gets a defective shirt. i did and while they issued a refund they proceeded to tell me they had to because the shirt was no longer available. oh but wait it is.. but not for the 10$ i paid during the woot off now its 18$. but they proceed to tell me its not available any more but i can add one to my cart and buy on this very minute, the shirt i ordered was a gift to someone and woot expects a refund of 10$ to have to re-buy for 18$ to be good customer service?? sorry but a bit annoyed at this. the quality of the newer shirts sucks compared to the aa versions. the one received had basically all the stitching on the arm falling out.

LOVE my woot shirts and this is the first time i had a issue with one. i would not be so harsh if this was not promised to someone already either. but if this is how they are handled ill pass from now on. didnt know where else to post this and apologize if this should not be here.

i'll forward this to the appropriate folks. sorry you had a bad experience.

just for future reference, usually feedback about shirts goes in our World of Woot Shirts section. and by "usually," i mean "constantly and without mercy." feel free to join in the discussions there any time!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

corakitten

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corakitten

My Great Grandma always had one of these in her toy box. Very hard to play. Funny I was just talking about that toy box and all the odd unique toys in it just the other day.

jonorbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonorbach

I do like the design.

In Ocarina, you're definitely right. However, in Majora's Mask, Link uses the Song of Time constantly to time travel. :adjusts nerd glasses: