WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

I'm a Mess!

Speed to First Woot:
0m 45.006s
First Sucker:
baybei
Last Wooter to Woot:
acuarium13
Last Purchase:
14 hours ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 33% of Shirt Woots
Top 28% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
2360

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 96% second woot
  • 4% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 12% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 3% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 71% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 96% bought 1
  • 4% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
4%
2%
1%
2%
2%
4%
5%
8%
7%
6%
5%
5%
5%
6%
4%
3%
3%
4%
3%
4%
5%
4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

6%
5%
8%
8%
61%
7%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


massha10


quality posts: 68 Private Messages massha10

Quick! somebody! Help the poor thing get all his sides together!

lonelypond


quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Truth. But there might be help aka a solution. Very 80's.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

lichme


quality posts: 3187 Private Messages lichme

Nailed it

[MOD EDIT] Bad video link.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

Masanda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Masanda

You'd think that when someone wanted to design a Rubik's cube shirt they would at least do some homework first for legitimacy.

The colors on the cube aren't consistent at all. The center of each face of the cube is fixed and immovable save rotation and as such specific colors are always opposite each other. Yellow is opposite white, green is opposite blue, and red is opposite orange. Anyone who lived in the 80s or understands the cube will look at the shirt and see the error.

It's akin to having a shirt with a paraphrased Shakespeare quote with typos.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Congrats on 1st walmazan! So cute and awesome:D


ladyactionfan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyactionfan
Masanda wrote: Anyone who lived in the 80s or understands the cube will look at the shirt and see the error.



I lived through the 80s - the peak of middle and high school. I didn't notice nor do I care. It's a funny shirt.

thewronggrape


quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

This is so inaccurate!

Eyes? A mouth? Hands AND feet? Like ohemgee, have you NEVER seen a real Rubik's Cube before? How DARE you?

This shirt is a MESS!!!

thain1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thain1

Designer must not have an actual cube. White and yellow are opposite sides and could never be on the same corner piece. Same goes for orange/red and green/blue.


dang... Someone beat me to this while I was typing.

walmazan


quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Masanda wrote:You'd think that when someone wanted to design a Rubik's cube shirt they would at least do some homework first for legitimacy.

The colors on the cube aren't consistent at all. The center of each face of the cube is fixed and immovable save rotation and as such specific colors are always opposite each other. Yellow is opposite white, green is opposite blue, and red is opposite orange. Anyone who lived in the 80s or understands the cube will look at the shirt and see the error.

It's akin to having a shirt with a paraphrased Shakespeare quote with typos.



Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:

baybei


quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

And, I literally am a mess! Perfect shirt for me, who could never solve the Rubik's Cube. I stooped to peeling stickers!


And, for narfcake who wants to know, this shirt is officially my 44th first sucker ;) 50 is getting closer!~

trialbyicecream


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trialbyicecream

I wonder where that cube is from. Not the color scheme I'm used to.

walmazan


quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
trialbyicecream wrote:I wonder where that cube is from. Not the color scheme I'm used to.



I think is from the 80's

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Congrats Wences! Great design!

bluejester


quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:




Haha! =) Great shirt and "proof of concept" Walmazan! Congrats on the win. I look forward to picking this one up.

cubeking


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubeking

Looks like the cube Bed Bath and Beyond was selling around Christmas time last year. And yes I'm aware I have a Rubik's problem...

memyselfandi3737


quality posts: 0 Private Messages memyselfandi3737
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:



Oooh, I really like that color scheme. Do you know where I could acquire that sort of cube?

arcade-art


quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

Congrats I love this design :-)

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

namzaps


quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps
memyselfandi3737 wrote:Oooh, I really like that color scheme. Do you know where I could acquire that sort of cube?



I hear that the Amazon.com sells such things. Never been there myself though. I don't like to travel much.

-JCH

fleamarketadict


quality posts: 11 Private Messages fleamarketadict
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:



This response gets my money. First woot.shirt in months.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

mhodges


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.



Nice, I like the colors. Here's the one on my desk I got at a MS conference years ago. I still think they missed a golden opportunity by not putting the logo on the blue side though!



skatimmy737


quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

The write up is a bit "Bush" League. Get it?

oakenspirit


quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
walmazan wrote:I think is from the 80's



You are my hero...


amroyo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:



moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

That color scheme is wack. The "U.S." (or "Western") color scheme is shown in mhodges' photo of the Microsoft logo cube, with yellow opposite white, green opposite blue, and orange opposite red.

The other somewhat common color scheme is the so-called "Japanese" color scheme, which is the same as the U.S. scheme except blue and yellow are swapped.

The cube used as a model for this shirt conforms to neither color scheme, and is sure to annoy those of us who are avid cube solvers. For those who don't know these color schemes that well, it probably seems nuts... but I couldn't wear that shirt.

Of course I could take the cube's statement quite literally -- it's not just a mess due to being scrambled... it would still be a mess even in the solved state, because it doesn't conform to a standard color scheme.

Hmmm...

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

::shakes fist at sky::

'Curse you Rubik, for making me this way!'


No surprise at all to see this take 1st, congrats Walmazan. :^)

ravensfan21


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ravensfan21
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:



LMAO! Ahh... I love it! Grats Walmazan.

djkittn


quality posts: 8 Private Messages djkittn
amroyo wrote:



I don't know if I like HOW people got told, or the Oh Snap flowchart better.

walmazan, love the design and the colors. Congrats on 1st!

missamberlee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages missamberlee

I totally would have gotten one of these shirts if woot offered it in a woman's v-neck. Crew neck shirts are:
1. way too hot for summer
2. makes me feel like I'm being strangled
3. unflattering to my chestal area.

diannean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages diannean

I am just this kind of mess...my yellow and white are on the outside corner and cannot be that way...or so "they say"! Love this concept and am buying one right now!!
old crazy lady.

marceepauff


quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff

I never did well with the cube, but I rocked the $h!t out of this one:

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

namzaps wrote:I hear that the Amazon.com sells such things. Never been there myself though. I don't like to travel much.



U STAY RIGHT HERE.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Lassik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
walmazan wrote:Dear Massanda, I think it is possible.

This is the real model:



I can't speak for Massanda but I believe his point was not necessarily that your cube was impossible but rather that it was not accurate to an official Rubik's brand cube.

Rubik's didn't start standardizing the color scheme until sometime around 1982 I believe. Prior to that though I believe your cube still doesn't fit the previous color scheme.

Additionally, to my knowledge all official Rubik's cube brand cubes say "Rubik's Cube" in the center square of the white side.

I could be wrong but going by that I think he was simply stating that your model is a knock off.

Either way. Nice shirt though.

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

dseanadams


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dseanadams

Guys, it's a cube with colored squares on it. Everyone knows what it is. C'mon.

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
Lassik wrote:I can't speak for Massanda but I believe his point was not necessarily that your cube was impossible but rather that it was not accurate to an official Rubik's brand cube.


No, Massanda's point was obvious when it was made. That's an impossible color configuration for any 'standard' cube, whether Rubik's brand or not, unless the stickers have been peeled off and reapplied. We can tell that's what he meant because:

1. He made that comment before Walmazan posted his photo of the cube 'model,' and

2. He talks about inconsistency in the colors and how certain colors are always supposed to be opposite each other.

Additionally, to my knowledge all official Rubik's cube brand cubes say "Rubik's Cube" in the center square of the white side.


It doesn't matter whether a 3x3x3 cube is official Rubik's brand or not anymore, as the patent on the original 3x3x3 is long expired. I am unaware of any speed-cubers anywhere that would use a Rubik's brand in a competition anyway. Everybody's using the various speed-designed knockoffs, like the Dayan Zhanchi. Even the knockoffs use the western color scheme. Walmazan's cube is extra weird because of the color scheme, not because it's a knock-off.

mhodges


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges
Lassik wrote:...Additionally, to my knowledge all official Rubik's cube brand cubes say "Rubik's Cube" in the center square of the white side....



On the one I have above the Rubik's logo is on the yellow center square (not shown)

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
mhodges wrote:On the one I have above the Rubik's logo is on the yellow center square (not shown)


That's because yours is a logo cube made by the Rubik's company for Microsoft. For many of those, the white side contains the company logo or design, and the Rubik's logo is moved to the center yellow instead.

Lassik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
moondigger wrote:
No, Massanda's point was obvious when it was made. That's an impossible color configuration for any 'standard' cube, whether Rubik's brand or not, unless the stickers have been peeled off and reapplied. We can tell that's what he meant because:

1. He made that comment before Walmazan posted his photo of the cube 'model,' and

2. He talks about inconsistency in the colors and how certain colors are always supposed to be opposite each other.



That's your opinion that it's obvious but he doesn't flat out say that. He simply states that the colors are not on the correct side. It can be interpreted both ways and without him confirming I suppose we can just agree to disagree.


moondigger wrote:
It doesn't matter whether a 3x3x3 cube is official Rubik's brand or not anymore, as the patent on the original 3x3x3 is long expired.



I'm fully aware of that and that's fine. What I stated was that this cube didn't in fact appear to be an official Rubik's brand cube based on that color scheme.

moondigger wrote:
I am unaware of any speed-cubers anywhere that would use a Rubik's brand in a competition anyway. Everybody's using the various speed-designed knockoffs, like the Dayan Zhanchi.


What speed-cubers use was never under debate. I agree 100% that no speed-cuber would use a Rubik's brand cube. The point was simply that it wasn't based on a Rubik's brand cube.

moondigger wrote:
Even the knockoffs use the western color scheme. Walmazan's cube is extra weird because of the color scheme, not because it's a knock-off.



You make it sound like I referred to it as a knock-off in an insulting way. I simply meant that given the color scheme that it wasn't official Rubik's brand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking on the shirt or even defending Masanda. I'm simply stating that's the way I interpereted what he said. I could really care less if it were designed to match an official Rubik's cube or not. I have no personal issue with it even if it were unsolvable in the shirt. The post was simply my opinion.

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

walmazan


quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Lassik wrote:You make it sound like I referred to it as a knock-off in an insulting way. I simply meant that given the color scheme that it wasn't official Rubik's brand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking on the shirt or even defending Masanda. I'm simply stating that's the way I interpereted what he said. I could really care less if it were designed to match an official Rubik's cube or not. I have no personal issue with it even if it were unsolvable in the shirt. The post was simply my opinion.



*No sticker were peeled in the making of this illustration*

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Lassik, if he meant "that drawing isn't an official Rubik's brand cube," then why wouldn't he just say that?

You're right, though... we're just going to have to disagree on this. My interpretation of his comment was based on my own reaction upon seeing the T-shirt design, and it had nothing to do with whether it was an official Rubik's cube or not.

At first glance, for somebody who has solved the cube thousands of times, it just looks wrong. Normally you don't see a cubelet with white and yellow adjacent, and this drawing has two of them (an edge and a corner). It also has a red/blue/green corner, which is impossible with the normal color scheme.

So I thought, okay, maybe that's a Japanese color scheme. But it can't be the Japanese color scheme either, because the white center isn't opposite the blue center, and the red/blue/green corner is counterclockwise when it should be clockwise. So it looks bogus, even though it isn't.