lordbowen

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lordbowen

This shirt's got a point.

riggs42

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riggs42

my fastest shirt buy ever.

bardic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bardic

Wabe, not Wade... Always turn off spell check when typing out Jabberwocky.

gracelit

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gracelit

Calloo!

Zed666

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Zed666

Methinks tis for use against the bunny if the hand grenade of Antioch is in your other britches?

Z Y

therawill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therawill

So awful about the typo. If this were correct, I'd buy it so fast...

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG

I announced to my family last week that I NEED NO MORE T-SHIRTS.

Then I saw this.

Memorized this entire poem in 5th grade which was 45 years ago. Still recite it from time to time. Must have the shirt as a cheat sheet now that I'm old and my memory is fading.

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond

I looked, I love. I'm going to have the poem in my head all night. Thank you : )

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me...... unless those words make up a sword..... and you stab me with the sword.... that would hurt.

wizzard1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wizzard1

I wonder if they'll fix it before printing. Will pass until a fix is confirmed.

therawill wrote:So awful about the typo. If this were correct, I'd buy it so fast...

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
wizzard1 wrote:I wonder if they'll fix it before printing. Will pass until a fix is confirmed.

Likewise. I would love to own this shirt, but my inner-perfectionist would never allow me to rest without a correction to the typo.

In other words, Woot, for the love of all us Jaberwock-nerds, please fix the mistake before printing? Pretty please? With sugar on top? And a cherry for good measure?

Dragynwing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragynwing

when i want to hear the pitter patter of little feet, i'll buy shoes for my cats.

debbernaut

quality posts: 8 Private Messages debbernaut

I did a dramatic interpretation of this poem at 12 for my childrens' community theater group. I did a damn impressive job. Someone please buy this for me. Still broke, and you guys keep toying with my emotions....

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

I did a little research and it does appear that the word should be "wabe" instead of "wade".

I've notified staff and we should have an answer sometime later this morning.

Thanks to all for spotting the wong wade...I mean..wrong wabe...I mean..you know...

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
bardic wrote:Wabe, not Wade... Always turn off spell check when typing out Jabberwocky.

Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Welp. Sent off the correct file. I have nothing to say for myself other than I'm dumb.

The stanza repeats itself at the end even, and I got it right there.

I apologize to lovers of the poem whom I have wounded. And to Woot for me being an idjit.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

rasabi wrote:Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Welp. Sent off the correct file. I have nothing to say for myself other than I'm dumb.

The stanza repeats itself at the end even, and I got it right there.

I apologize to lovers of the poem whom I have wounded. And to Woot for me being an idjit.

I've also alerted them to the typo, hopefully they'll chime in sometime later this morning and let us know. Thanks for the shirt though, it's pretty amazing! :D

EDIT: FROM STAFF: As soon as an artful minded monkey arrives in the office it will be addressed and fixed.

cappo

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cappo

I just bought a Legendary Board of Circuits shirt yesterday and now this... are you trying to bankrupt me?

Must... resist...

lonelypond

ROGETRAY wrote:EDIT: FROM STAFF: As soon as an artful minded monkey arrives in the office it will be addressed and fixed.

Well, now I can buy + sleep.

lonelypond

good night

wmorning3am

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmorning3am

clever, but
SNICKER SNACK
too small.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat
ROGETRAY wrote:I've also alerted them to the typo, hopefully they'll chime in sometime later this morning and let us know. Thanks for the shirt though, it's pretty amazing! :D

EDIT: FROM STAFF: As soon as an artful minded monkey arrives in the office it will be addressed and fixed.

Poor monkey! I mean, bad enough you're slapping a shipping label on it, but you're sending it off to the vet for a snipping?

For maximum fun, realize that Jabberwocky is close to 'common meter' and thus can be sung to a large number of tunes (it has an extra syllable every other line you have to work in). It works very nicely with Greensleeves, William Tell Overture, and with a bit of motification - Love Shack ("He galumphed back! He galumphed back, baby...")

Meow

Go Squarryls!

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage

I remember watching people in public speaking wandering around the cafeteria reciting this for extra credit

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea

"Vorpal sword?" In my email?

Beside the misspelling which I understand will be corrected, but I have to see it with my own eyes, of course, this being one of the more colorful "poems" in the English language is depressingly grey

So I will wait patiently, until Woot does a more colorful version of a frumious Bandersnatch, or perhaps a Jubjub bird. And then I will think fondly of my 7th grade English teacher, who used Jaberwockish to teach parts of speech.

dustofsnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustofsnow
BelyndaG wrote:I announced to my family last week that I NEED NO MORE T-SHIRTS.

Then I saw this.

Memorized this entire poem in 5th grade which was 45 years ago. Still recite it from time to time. Must have the shirt as a cheat sheet now that I'm old and my memory is fading.

I like the rationalization. Well done.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I was determined not to buy any more t shirts until I saw this one. A Vorpal sword! Yeah! If the pen is sharper than than sword, then a vorpal sword penned with words has got to be the sharpest of all. :-)

Dawgz25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dawgz25
bardic wrote:Wabe, not Wade... Always turn off spell check when typing out Jabberwocky.

hahaha That was the first thing I noticed when magnifying. I wish they could correct that but it's still an awesome shirt.

moonbeamchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonbeamchaos

Thank you for mentioning this. I didn't think about Spell Check (I NEVER think about it) but how very sad to go to all that trouble to create a BEAUTIFUL design and then screw it up with a misspell.
Sigh.

moonbeamchaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonbeamchaos
cosmicpea wrote:"Vorpal sword?" In my email?

Beside the misspelling which I understand will be corrected, but I have to see it with my own eyes, of course, this being one of the more colorful "poems" in the English language is depressingly grey

So I will wait patiently, until Woot does a more colorful version of a frumious Bandersnatch, or perhaps a Jubjub bird. And then I will think fondly of my 7th grade English teacher, who used Jaberwockish to teach parts of speech.

dankaholic256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankaholic256
moonbeamchaos wrote:Thank you for mentioning this. I didn't think about Spell Check (I NEVER think about it) but how very sad to go to all that trouble to create a BEAUTIFUL design and then screw it up with a misspell.
Sigh.

I'll be buying this shirt as soon as it's fixed. Love it, but seems silly to buy a shirt that we all know to be wrong. This shouldn't be too hard to fix...

mommyb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommyb

Thank you! I was afraid I was the only one...

searbet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searbet

Oh no, it does say Wade - I don't think I can do it now.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
moonbeamchaos wrote:Thank you for mentioning this. I didn't think about Spell Check (I NEVER think about it) but how very sad to go to all that trouble to create a BEAUTIFUL design and then screw it up with a misspell.
Sigh.

See:

ROGETRAY wrote:I've also alerted them to the typo, hopefully they'll chime in sometime later this morning and let us know. Thanks for the shirt though, it's pretty amazing! :D

It will be fixed before it is sent.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark
searbet wrote:Oh no, it does say Wade - I don't think I can do it now.

Allay, Allay, word worries allay,
Woot has saved the frumious day.
Into the gingery comments go
and see that they have spoke it so.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Cool design, hope it gets fixed soon so I can buy one!

searbet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages searbet
BelyndaG wrote:I announced to my family last week that I NEED NO MORE T-SHIRTS.

Then I saw this.

Same here - although maybe only 35 years ago for me. Will purchase if we can verify the typo will be fixed and then, "O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

dcfunke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dcfunke

Boy Blue will return to us!

lizzieme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzieme

I will chortle in my joy on the frabjous day when this is fixed... and I can buy it!!!

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG
ROGETRAY wrote:I did a little research and it does appear that the word should be "wabe" instead of "wade".

I've notified staff and we should have an answer sometime later this morning.

Thanks to all for spotting the wong wade...I mean..wrong wabe...I mean..you know...

I'm glad everyone caught this and that staff responded so quickly. Trusting that the change will be made before this goes to print, I'm clicking that button now!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

jdiggidy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jdiggidy

My grampa taught me this poem when I was pretty young. He's been gone now for 8 years, but I can still remember him telling it; the way his eyes lit up with "snicker snack!" I think it's the only poem I now know by memory.
I'm getting pretty nostalgic over here, and I'm clicking the buy it button right after the "post" button below. Thanks Woot, you've now made my day!

Don't Panic.