4%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sgaon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgaon

Maybe they don't want to eat the brains. Maybe they just want someone to help them spell "heteronormative".

baqui63

quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63

What about female zombies that prefer women and male zombies that prefer men?

Seems a bit exclusionary here.

(Or phrased differently: "what sgaon said.")

dacrete

quality posts: 153 Private Messages dacrete

Perfect his and hers shirts. If you are both into Brains!!

mandaryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandaryn
sgaon wrote:Maybe they don't want to eat the brains. Maybe they just want someone to help them spell "heteronormative".

baqui63 wrote:What about female zombies that prefer women and male zombies that prefer men?

Yup. This. *sigh* cute idea though...

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Great idea for a zombie shirt!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

nverian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nverian
mandaryn wrote:Yup. This. *sigh* cute idea though...

Pretty much what I thought, too. I would have totally gotten it, but unfortunately, I'm a boy and like boys with brains

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mandaryn wrote:Yup. This. *sigh* cute idea though...

I said this on facebook but I'll say it here too: I think it's the phrase that's most important, not the girl or boy who's saying it. Therefore, since either print can be purchased in men or women sizes, everyone is covered... EQUALly.

nverian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nverian
JadenKale wrote:I said this on facebook but I'll say it here too: I think it's the phrase that's most important, not the girl or boy who's saying it. Therefore, since either print can be purchased in men or women sizes, everyone is covered... EQUALly.

No, it's definitely important. If I were to wear the female shirt proclaiming my love of men with brains, I would be essentially enforcing a heteronormative view.

This isn't necessarily something that is bad. However, it is not in line with who I am. I am anything but. I'm as faaaar away from heterosexual as one can get.

lordbowen

quality posts: 307 Private Messages lordbowen

Are we talking Mensa zombies here?

skoenig3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skoenig3

I am also part of the LGBT community.

Would have bought a shirt if there was a choice that matched identity.

Love the idea though.

JadenKale wrote:I said this on facebook but I'll say it here too: I think it's the phrase that's most important, not the girl or boy who's saying it. Therefore, since either print can be purchased in men or women sizes, everyone is covered... EQUALly.

bbf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bbf

[sarcasm on]
O-M-G! Think about the families with babies that are born without fully formed brains... they'll be SOOOO... insulted!!!!
[sarcasm off]

It's just a T-Shirt. Don't expect retailers to cater to every sub-group that exists.

mase123987

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mase123987
baqui63 wrote:What about female zombies that prefer women and male zombies that prefer men?

I think having it this way makes the point the most obvious. While some want what you want, not everyone would get the punch line without being told.

cosmotic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmotic

Pretty sad for woot that basically every post here is about missing 50% of the options. Woops.

animuson

quality posts: 14 Private Messages animuson

Wish you could pick and choose if you want the male or female zombie with "men" or "women" in the text... How complicated could that be? ;P

TheDesi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheDesi

Is it just me, or does the male look like Stewie from Family Guy?

Did they made a Zombie Family Guy ep yet? Hmmm.

Who does the girl look like?

AckItsMe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AckItsMe

It would seem that, if you're a male who likes men, you could buy the male t-shirt and just take a black sharpie to the WO and there you go...

For women, it's a bit more complicated...

Reality: A nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

cyphermagedragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyphermagedragon
sgaon wrote:Maybe they don't want to eat the brains. Maybe they just want someone to help them spell "heteronormative".

Nice phrasing *grins*

Just adding my voice so that woot gets an idea of how many of us there are that would prefer other options. I would have ordered several of these if there had been m/m and f/f options - 90% of my christmas list is comprised of queer, zombie-loving geeks.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

So umm..yeah, I prefer women with brains.

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

I don't like guys or girls, even if they had the homosexual options, I'd be left out. You know what I do? Sit and wait for tomorrows shirt. Woot kind of went above and beyond offering 100% more shirt than they normally do. Be happy.

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
nverian wrote:Pretty much what I thought, too. I would have totally gotten it, but unfortunately, I'm a boy and like boys with brains

How you doin' *wink*

mattryan

Rabble rabble rabble

Can't add anything that hasn't already been said. But yeah, a gay/lesbian/bi version would have been beyond epically amazing.

koshhi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koshhi

hullabaloo (i'd be offended if the shirts included "gay")

rhhaywar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhhaywar

I agree - i would buy one if it were a guy saying "I Prefer Men with Brains"... but - oh well...

koshhi

rhhaywar wrote:I agree - i would buy one if it were a guy saying "I Prefer Men with Brains"... but - oh well...

then you miss the point of the shirt

rhhaywar

koshhi wrote:then you miss the point of the shirt

Nope - I get it. You already said you'd be offended if there were a gay option. It's you that doesn't get it. If you're offended by someone wanting something - then you must have thin skin. I'm not offended, just disappointed.

rhhaywar

nverian wrote:No, it's definitely important. If I were to wear the female shirt proclaiming my love of men with brains, I would be essentially enforcing a heteronormative view.

This isn't necessarily something that is bad. However, it is not in line with who I am. I am anything but. I'm as faaaar away from heterosexual as one can get.

Agree... Moreover; it would be like saying that you do drag... not all gay men do drag. That's a stereotype.

rhhaywar

bagawe wrote:I don't like guys or girls, even if they had the homosexual options, I'd be left out. You know what I do? Sit and wait for tomorrows shirt. Woot kind of went above and beyond offering 100% more shirt than they normally do. Be happy.

I dunno.. it would not been too hard to have an left/right option of a male or female zombie on one side, and a "Men/Women/People" option for the right...

The shirt thing is going more towards an "on demand" model - why they now offer reprints of shirts beyond the top 20. They can do it, they just need to see there is an interest for people to buy it.

It's all about $$ and buying power... and they won't know what people want if we don't talk about it.

koshhi

rhhaywar wrote:Nope - I get it. You already said you'd be offended if there were a gay option. It's you that doesn't get it. If you're offended by someone wanting something - then you must have thin skin. I'm not offended, just disappointed.

I'm offended because I don't think sexuality should be taken lightly.

You don't get it because it's not about preference, it's about zombie dating.

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe
rhhaywar wrote:I dunno.. it would not been too hard to have an left/right option of a male or female zombie on one side, and a "Men/Women/People" option for the right...

The shirt thing is going more towards an "on demand" model - why they now offer reprints of shirts beyond the top 20. They can do it, they just need to see there is an interest for people to buy it.

It's all about $$ and buying power... and they won't know what people want if we don't talk about it.

That level of customization only comes with the digital prints, these are to be silk screened.

honus87

quality posts: 3 Private Messages honus87
koshhi wrote:then you miss the point of the shirt

What, exactly, do you think the point of the shirt is?

mattryan

koshhi wrote:I'm offended because I don't think sexuality should be taken lightly.

You don't get it because it's not about preference, it's about zombie dating.

So... all zombies are straight? And you know this how?

koshhi

honus87 wrote:What, exactly, do you think the point of the shirt is?

ZOMBIE DATING! :D

honus87

koshhi wrote:ZOMBIE DATING! :D

And you think boy zombies can't date boys?

koshhi

mattryan wrote:So... all zombies are straight? And you know this how?

I'm sorry, is this a real question?

honus87

Disappointed. I expected better from Woot.

koshhi

honus87 wrote:And you think boy zombies can't date boys?

I implied no such thing. I said the shirt isn't about preference but zombie dating.

sjaynedesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign

Clever idea! I like it just the way it is.

honus87

koshhi wrote:I implied no such thing. I said the shirt isn't about preference but zombie dating.

I'm sorry, is this a serious statement?

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

I'm also not into guys or girls... or anything really. That relationship jazz just isn't my thing. But aren't these shirts kind of inappropriate for children, considering the use of "men" and "women"? Seems like it would be soliciting unwanted attention.