coribrads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coribrads

This is awesome

drigout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drigout

Sherlock + Dr Who = Awesome Shirt!!!

lonelypond

quality posts: 462 Private Messages lonelypond

And then the Tardis landed in Broadchurch...I did get a laugh from the action sequence though so thanks Robbie Lee.

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

saramwrap

quality posts: 19 Private Messages saramwrap

Benedict Cumberbatch already explained how he survived, and sadly, it didn't include any zygoma-buffing crossover fantasies.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

That seems like the only logical explanation. Moffat!!!!

Yeah, so there's that...

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
saramwrap wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch already explained how he survived, and sadly, it didn't include any zygoma-buffing crossover fantasies.

To quote the recent American Dad: Gotta have an answer prepared, they'll ask us at Comic Con!

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

theco2

quality posts: 92 Private Messages theco2

I'm about tired of Dr Who shirts, already. Always the same old thing; Daleks or Tardis and every once in a great while, the Weeping Angel. Is that all there is?

lonelypond

theco2 wrote:I'm about tired of Dr Who shirts, already. Always the same old thing; Daleks or Tardis and every once in a great while, the Weeping Angel. Is that all there is?

And lo you will bring Cybermen and The Master upon us, non believer ; )

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
theco2 wrote:I'm about tired of Dr Who shirts, already. Always the same old thing; Daleks or Tardis and every once in a great while, the Weeping Angel. Is that all there is?

Well, when you can't use proper names, places, celebrity likeness, etc? Yeah pretty much. It's a 'generic sci-fi show' at its core, and aside from the symbolism you frequently see, or 'Doctor outfits', there's not much to reference.

I think that may be part of why the "Weeping Angels" were so successful; it was something that could be visually iconic like the Daleks.

Edit: Cybermen aren't visually consistent so they aren't iconic. The Master only appeared in one modern Who episode so that is more targeting the classic fans (which the masses that watch it these days likely haven't seen).

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Well, we could do a few "Are you my mommy?" tees, a few choice Vashta Nerada mock ups, and a rare cybermen print...

Will that appease you?

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Sometimes there's a scarf, fez, or bowtie. ;P

This little Sherlock character "survives" but he still has x eyes and blood? when he hits the ground. I guess the doctors dropped him hard.

Oh and I've not watched Sherlock or much Dr Who either. Does this shirt count as spoilers?

dacrete

quality posts: 156 Private Messages dacrete

Not the same old thing this time...You get two blue boxes this time :/

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
JadenKale wrote:Well, we could do a few "Are you my mommy?" tees, a few choice Vashta Nerada mock ups, and a rare cybermen print...

Will that appease you?

Vashta Nerada is terrific in "The Good Wife".

lonelypond

It'll take Venusian Aikido to tempt me.

I'll see myself out ; )

theco2

quality posts: 92 Private Messages theco2

Thanks for all the responses.

JadenKale wrote:Well, we could do a few "Are you my mommy?" tees, a few choice Vashta Nerada mock ups, and a rare cybermen print...

Will that appease you?

Years ago, I watched a handful of episodes, painfully. I don't understand the appeal.

handwasher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handwasher

"No, fraid not. We lost Howie the next night."

"Over Macho Grande?"

"No, don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande."

schwarzkatze

quality posts: 2 Private Messages schwarzkatze
theco2 wrote:Thanks for all the responses. Years ago, I watched a handful of episodes, painfully. I don't understand the appeal.

100% agree.

SeeTheArt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SeeTheArt

I don't get it. Is it that he fell from a lower height? There are still little black (not red, although red appears elsewhere so it is available) dots representing … blood, hair tonic, ink? Is this about a specific episode, and if so which one?

johntracker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages johntracker

The BBC have just announced that they will air the episode at 9pm on the 1st of Jan where we can find out if this really did happen!

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337
There's gotta be more out there that doesn't make it across the pond, right?

I have one word for you: Emmerdale.

mavjade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavjade

Damn you woot! Every time I think I have too many tee shirts and I tell myself I'm not going to buy any more for a while, you go and do something like make a combined Who and Sherlock reference.
*sigh*

ktbea38

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktbea38

Will that appease you?

And now I want an "are you my mummy" so bad. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

buraindo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buraindo

Oh my god this is so awesome! AND I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

pozzowon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pozzowon

yeah, about your comment...
two words: Mr. Bean

what? not convinced yet?
well, from Britain, the greatest thing ever put on tv ever ever......
Top Gear

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 100 Private Messages Thirdbase9
TobiasAmaranth wrote:Well, when you can't use proper names, places, celebrity likeness, etc? Yeah pretty much. It's a 'generic sci-fi show' at its core, and aside from the symbolism you frequently see, or 'Doctor outfits', there's not much to reference.

I think that may be part of why the "Weeping Angels" were so successful; it was something that could be visually iconic like the Daleks.

Edit: Cybermen aren't visually consistent so they aren't iconic. The Master only appeared in one modern Who episode so that is more targeting the classic fans (which the masses that watch it these days likely haven't seen).

Utopia (as The Professor)
The Sound of Drums
Last of the Time Lords
The End of Time part 1
The End of Time part 2

4 or 5 episodes.

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 100 Private Messages Thirdbase9
pozzowon wrote:yeah, about your comment...
two words: Mr. Bean

what? not convinced yet?
well, from Britain, the greatest thing ever put on tv ever ever......
Top Gear

Monty Python's Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill,

I don't know.

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Whatever the solution really turns out to be, it won't be any more plausible than this. Moffat's big reveals always seem clever at first blush, then fall apart logically upon closer examination. Seeing as Series 2 already had a pretty tenuous grasp on plot logic, I don't expect S3E1 will improve on that point.

Will still watch the hell out of it.

That said, the shirt is awesome, but I'm broke.

echosupernova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echosupernova

Woot keeps making different Who shirts for pretty much one reason only--they sell. So, people like them. Don't like Who shirts? Don't buy them.

And, for the record, complaining about common characters to Woot shirts--for every fandom that you're not into, there's surely one that you'd embrace lots of variation for. Darth Vader? Cookie Monster? My Little Pony?

There's a new shirt every day...

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
johntracker wrote:The BBC have just announced that they will air the episode at 9pm on the 1st of Jan where we can find out if this really did happen!

Yep, and a short prequel episode (webisode, I guess) on Christmas Day.

@RobbieLee, excellent design! Best theory I've seen so far.

graceandi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graceandi

Well, that's certainly one way to get your Steven Moffat on!

wildrider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildrider

I of course had to get this the second I saw it, then I read the comments.

Clearly, people need to watch more television. It's a time-lapse picture, one TARDIS, two Sherlocks -- the real one, who was saved by the Doctor, and then the decoy body they tossed out together which is the body discovered at the bottom of the building in the episode.

Easy.

(And come on, people! Bad enough television writers get it wrong! TARDIS is an acronym, not "Tardis." Sheesh. /ExtremeFangirl)

Xenarocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xenarocks

BLASPHEMY! Dare you bring graze on the House of the BBC! You will be Assimilated!!!!

Xenarocks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xenarocks

Moffat- Killing your favorite Characters on BBC all over Time and Space....Moffat is the British Josh Wheldon!

mergekat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mergekat

Heh, I call that mid-air Tardis catch the "River Song".

Kat M.

mrsbrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbrock

I love British tv, but we have some very innovative and hilarious offerings from the USA. Lost was great until the finale (Moffet could've written it). The Neighbors is clever and dry. There are many more, but coffee hasn't been ingested, so brain isn't fully functioning.

Moffet is a better Sherlock writer than Who writer. Oh, and season 3 of Downton Abbey was MUCH better than 2. 😋

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Robbie!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Georgie Shore.

I've never seen it, but I've seen some of the 'cast' interviewed, and I will put forth that this show might redefine 'epic'. Not in a good way.

But, BBC has brilliant science shows. There's a much better 'smart' set of tv programming than the US provides.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Toruki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Toruki

British telly you ask?

!! Black Mirror !!

2 seasons, 3 eps each. Really interesting fusion of technology and where it could lead us, etc. But not BladeRunner-y.

Cheers mates!