2%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Nice design, but needs more glow in the dark ink.

lordbowen

quality posts: 253 Private Messages lordbowen

I'm glowing over this shirt. Seriously.

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

Dark, deep, cool

Enedlhach

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Enedlhach

So the cat is radioactive? Is that it? Or is there a reference I am missing?

dacrete

quality posts: 123 Private Messages dacrete

Nice touch on the fur detail.

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

It's missing glow-in-the-dark paw prints...

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
bluejester wrote:Nice design, but needs more glow in the dark ink.

DavidHart wrote:It's missing glow-in-the-dark paw prints...

I agree. This would be a great design to utilize a non-white glow in the dark element.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

So I'm going to buy this shirt or I'm not — but I won't know which until it happens. Is that how this works?

sabru8

quality posts: 54 Private Messages sabru8

...is Schrödinger's cat dead or alive?

bplimley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bplimley

The symbol at the bottom is for a biohazard, not radioactivity... boo.

slayerg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slayerg
bplimley wrote:The symbol at the bottom is for a biohazard, not radioactivity... boo.

This is clearly an upgraded version of Schrodinger's cat where the poison is simultaneously radioactive AND a bio-hazard, thus cutting out the additional component of a radioactive source. :D

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW
zekecatz wrote:So I'm going to buy this shirt or I'm not — but I won't know which until it happens. Is that how this works?

Only when you're trying to buy a Bag 'o Cat.

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 12 Private Messages BIGELLOW
slayerg wrote:This is clearly an upgraded version of Schrodinger's cat where the poison is simultaneously radioactive AND a bio-hazard, thus cutting out the additional component of a radioactive source. :D

It's just missing an unstable keg of gunpowder.

goldennaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldennaga

Uh... So, it's not clear... Are there parts of this shirt that glow in the dark? If so, it would be nice to know what the glowing pattern is. If not, it would be nice to know why not?!? That's a no-brainier, isn't it?

Also, too bad about the wrong hazard symbol being used...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

this is super cool

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd
Enedlhach wrote:So the cat is radioactive? Is that it? Or is there a reference I am missing?

Schrodinger's Cat may or may not be radioactive. It depends on how you hold your eyes.

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd
goldennaga wrote:Uh... So, it's not clear... Too bad about the wrong hazard symbol being used...

Depends on how you look at it, radioactive food would definitely be a bio-hazard to any cat. Except, perhaps, for Schrodinger's.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Now I want a MacGyver counter. That sounds epic.

"Only indie films can get away with letting a cat die" Ha.

penwynd wrote:Depends on how you look at it, radioactive food would definitely be a bio-hazard to any cat. Except, perhaps, for Schrodinger's.

No, those are still two distinct hazard classes. A biohazard would be something that has biological waste, toxins, or microorganisms in it where as a radioactive substance emits radiation. The destructive mechanisms of these are entirely different. Are there substances which are both hazards. Possibly, I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of these hazard classes. radioactive blood or viruses perhaps?

I also am disappointed in the mislabeled dish hazard. Maybe there happens to be a biohazardous material that is fluorescent or something. Although I'd assume the hazard should be radioactive in order to linked to Schrodinger's cat.

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee

I'm thinking the dish is full of tuna that swam a little too close to shore near a nuclear reactor leak. How much of that did the cat have to eat to glow ?

stonewallej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stonewallej
bplimley wrote:The symbol at the bottom is for a biohazard, not radioactivity... boo.

Agree! Would definitely buy if the design could be edited to use the trefoil symbol. Make it happen sebasebi!

chithing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chithing
sabru8 wrote:...is Schrödinger's cat dead or alive?

I believe the answer to that is "Yes."

bonink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonink

Radioactive: is there hope this will KILL off the cat shirts on WOOT.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
safyrejet wrote:Maybe there happens to be a biohazardous material that is fluorescent or something. Although I'd assume the hazard should be radioactive in order to linked to Schrodinger's cat.

The hypothetical cat is killed by poison, it's only the 50/50 chance of a radioactive particle decaying that releases it. So the design itself makes sense, the title maybe just confuses that a little.

goldennaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldennaga
safyrejet wrote:No, those are still two distinct hazard classes. A biohazard would be something that has biological waste, toxins, or microorganisms in it where as a radioactive substance emits radiation. The destructive mechanisms of these are entirely different.

Well put. In essence, a biohazard is something that is infectious, such as a viral or bacterial sample (yes, there are other materials that warrant the biohazard label, but they stem from this base definition), whereas a radiological hazard is something that produces ionizing radiation.

safyrejet wrote:Are there substances which are both hazards. Possibly, I don't have an exhaustive knowledge of these hazard classes. radioactive blood or viruses perhaps?

Yup, of course there are things that can be both. And your examples would both be examples of such things. If you have a biohazard, such as a virus or some bacteria, and irradiate it, the process of irradiating can make that biohazard radioactive (i.e. some of the atoms in the virus of bacteria have now become unstable isotopes and will decay, releasing more radiation in the process). Thus, your biohazard is now also a radiological hazard. Such things would receive both hazard labels, not just one.

safyrejet wrote:I also am disappointed in the mislabeled dish hazard. Maybe there happens to be a biohazardous material that is fluorescent or something. Although I'd assume the hazard should be radioactive in order to linked to Schrodinger's cat.

I think it would have to be some kind of food that was laced with bioluminescent bacteria. In a sense, that's a better explanation of the glow than radioactivity, anyway, as the level of radiation need for something to literally be glowing from hazardous (i.e. ionizing) radioactivity would likely mean that the cat should be dead just from getting close that close to it...

safyrejet wrote:Now I want a MacGyver counter. That sounds epic.

Me too! :D

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I really want this shirt... but I hate cats. But i like Schrödinger (but probably because of how he treated cats..) what to do....

If it was glow ink, i'd have ordered it already. Just sayin'

seanneff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seanneff

Well, this is timely. My cat was just diagnosed with an hyperactive thyroid, and one of the possible treatments is to inject him with radioactive iodine. My wife & I have been joking about having a radioactive cat, and now this shirt shows up...

breezyc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages breezyc
ginbak wrote:I really want this shirt... but I hate cats. But i like Schrödinger (but probably because of how he treated cats..) what to do....

If it was glow ink, i'd have ordered it already. Just sayin'

ginbak - OT but, what type of dog is that in your avatar? I ask because it's remarkably similar to one of mine, which is a Beagle/Australian Cattle Dog cross.

MarkeR200208

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarkeR200208

All I could see from the thumbnail was this...

The paw made an amazing lower jaw...

thelocker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelocker

Yes... A yellow and magenta tri-foil would be more appropriate and cooler.

dewitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewitch

Love the look of the shirt
Hate people who hate cats or any other animals
Not fond of black because of all my shedding cats & Chow Chows;)

*~* The moon is my silver - The sun is my gold *~*

selinask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selinask

My first thought was "it's licking antifreeze" (poison!). Great detail on the cat but not a fan.

12rdpurcell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 12rdpurcell
DavidHart wrote:It's missing glow-in-the-dark paw prints...

Well, if you look close, only the food, eyes, tongue and some fur glow.

So, since the only moist things are the glowing things, and since kitties tend to have dry paws, then we can deduce that it's not been raining recently.

Why make it rain on a radioactive kitty? So sad...

sup3r510th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sup3r510th

Sweet design, and meow....THE RETURN OF THE TANK!!

FINALLY!

Here's to hoping the bots pull some WOOT PLUS deals on tanks before the spring is over...

a1000wtp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages a1000wtp

So these are the NON-American apparel shirts correct? Just need to make sure.. (also they fit weird)

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

saralinda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saralinda

Super cool design, but in the interests of geeky accuracy, that is a "biohazard" symbol NOT a "radioactive" symbol. I would call this cat infectious rather than isotopic.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
a1000wtp wrote:So these are the NON-American apparel shirts correct? Just need to make sure.. (also they fit weird)

The t-shirt blank is manufactured by Anvil. The unisex tank blank is by American Apparel.

For those of you wanting a glow-in-the-dark Schrodinger's Cat shirt instead, you'll find one at the turtle-y tee site.

soybeans78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soybeans78

Are zip totes ever going to make a comeback?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

soybeans78 wrote:Are zip totes ever going to make a comeback?

One day surely. Though I think our normal un-zipperable totes have been by far more popular.