WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

May the Fourth is approaching, so let's get some shirts that celebrate the Great War. You know, the one that took place in a whole different galaxy, one that's somewhere far, far away. Do we need to spell it out for you? Well, we won't. You get us, right?

• No creme tees.

Grimgate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grimgate

I made this a little while ago, debating on this or something more on the humorous side of things.

Manki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Manki

THE GALACTIC BATTLE ON CREME TEES!

-

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Wow. In the old days, Woot would throw in a "no star wars" rule for something like this. Now, it's "only star wars". Interesting.

MrBignell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrBignell

I love the topic! While I don't think I have time to design anything this week, I'm beyond excited to see the submissions tomorrow XD

novels22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22

SOOOO EXCITED! Star wars is my thing. I suck at designing, but oh well. My goal is to make a design I'm really proud of. I can't wait to see all the submissions. SOOOO AWESOME!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
thatrobert wrote:Wow. In the old days, Woot would throw in a "no star wars" rule for something like this. Now, it's "only star wars". Interesting.

it's gonna be tough to top your Empire Bowl shirt!

tadkins88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tadkins88

Thoughts?

tadkins88

I may Also Re enter this one.

collinvh

quality posts: 57 Private Messages collinvh
skirochester wrote:it's gonna be tough to top your Empire Bowl shirt!

I agree and it printed so nice!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
collinvh wrote:I agree and it printed so nice!

It did. I'm pleased with Woot's printing on that one!

windwounder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windwounder
tadkins88 wrote:I may Also Re enter this one.

Can you put Leia's Bikini on her?

tadkins88

windwounder wrote:Can you put Leia's Bikini on her?

Thats how i had it originally and i wasn't a fan. I was trying to keep her "Classy". Even though a Gold Bikini is Super Classy.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
thatrobert wrote:Wow. In the old days, Woot would throw in a "no star wars" rule for something like this. Now, it's "only star wars". Interesting.

Wow, I need to read more closely. I skimmed over the write up and was totally going to do a cats in space battling...

Now I don't know what to do. LOL.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
DianaSprinkle wrote:Wow, I need to read more closely. I skimmed over the write up and was totally going to do a cats in space battling...

Now I don't know what to do. LOL.

yikes... me too, I usually just glance at the write up and would have missed it if I hadn't look through this thread. Now I'm quite confused.

Does this means Star Wars only? And does it mean Star Wars battles only? That's pretty specific. Or anything Star Wars?

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

I'm pretty geeked about this one. I have two ideas planned..fingers crossed ideas survive the journey from brain to computer screen!

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
tadkins88 wrote:Thoughts?

It looks like the "i" and "r" are combined to make a "u" (and the top of the "r" is somewhat lost in the green) so to me it reads "shot fust." Maybe make those letters a bit more distinct.

07/11/14

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

pre-halftoned version

title: Galactic Storm
fun fact: that is actually a moon

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
jasneko wrote:yikes... me too, I usually just glance at the write up and would have missed it if I hadn't look through this thread. Now I'm quite confused.

Does this means Star Wars only? And does it mean Star Wars battles only? That's pretty specific. Or anything Star Wars?

Galactic (Star) Battles (Wars) is just a way for them to say Star Wars, without actually saying Star Wars. I'd say it's very likely they just want anything Star Wars related because of 5/4 (May the Fourth be with you) and not any battle specifically.

I'm surprised they didn't put some kind of parody reminder in there. You can't just draw a Vader helm on a shirt and sell it without getting sued.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Yeah, that says SHOT FUST. I don't know much about fonts but that text looks kinda terrible. If that's cursive it's not very nice looking at all.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

You can do anything space battle related. Your call.

Also if you're specifically going with THAT famous space battle movie just know we'll still reject if we think we can't do it. If you're just putting a character on a shirt with no commentary, joke, parody you run that risk.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ste7enl wrote:pre-halftoned version

Impressive! I really like this new FX silhouette phase you're in. :^)

ste7enl

tgentry wrote:You can do anything space battle related. Your call.

Also if you're specifically going with THAT famous space battle movie just know we'll still reject if we think we can't do it. If you're just putting a character on a shirt with no commentary, joke, parody you run that risk.

That's something I'm wondering about with mine at the moment. If it needs to be more vague.

ste7enl

Spiritgreen wrote:Impressive! I really like this new FX silhouette phase you're in. :^)

Thanks. I have a bunch of positive space/not really silhouette stuff as well. I have just been having a great time with texture and use of positive and negative space.

This is a good example: http://imgur.com/a/oaPIH

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Looks great!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Here's one I did recently tweaked for this. It might be rejection material, not sure.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

Instabuy.

Nothing follows.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
tgentry wrote:You can do anything space battle related. Your call.

Woooo. Good to know.

windwounder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windwounder
tadkins88 wrote:Thats how i had it originally and i wasn't a fan. I was trying to keep her "Classy". Even though a Gold Bikini is Super Classy.

How about a female protocol droid?

ste7enl

Made some hand and face details more subtle. Removed the overt death star imagery from the moon.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

You traced this from a shirt at we love fine.

ste7enl

tjost wrote:You traced this from a shirt at we love fine.

Awww sheeeeet. You got a link?

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
ste7enl wrote:Awww sheeeeet. You got a link?

Can't find it on welovefine anymore but it's here. http://hideyourarms.com/2012/02/21/cute-han-shot-star-wars-tshirt-mighty-fine/

ste7enl

ignorant wrote:Can't find it on welovefine anymore but it's here. http://hideyourarms.com/2012/02/21/cute-han-shot-star-wars-tshirt-mighty-fine/

Wow. Not cool.

verminbury

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verminbury

I've got my caption: "Ralph McQuarrie drew first" ...now I'll just have to conjure a suitable graphic.

wootdude5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdude5
Grimgate wrote:I made this a little while ago, debating on this or something more on the humorous side of things.

That is SUPER awesome! Definitely submit it!

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit

Whadya think? With or without sabers?

tbolt86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbolt86

Thoughts? Should I keep the full caption, drop the "In Carbonite"?

Is it too boxy?

tbolt86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbolt86
orabbit wrote:Whadya think? With or without sabers?

I like the With Sabers version.

ncowick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncowick
ste7enl wrote:

Made some hand and face details more subtle. Removed the overt death star imagery from the moon.

Very cool The force is strong with this one ;) Goodluck man.