kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kingdomkey wrote:I totally disagree. The single wing has a nice note of decay that makes the image more sinister. I hope it prints as is. And it would be PHENOMENAL if it glowed in the dark.

lilgreymouse wrote:I also like the one wing. It looked like it was scraggly and rotted. Much more deathlike.

These comments are absurd. The lack of a second wing was an obvious flaw. If the wings were decaying, then fine. Maybe have part of a wing there or something. But there wasn't a wing at all and defending that fact is senseless.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Red Panda

I don't have an issue with the shirt color either, but I would recommend a darker ink color. The faded one here just doesn't give enough contrast to stand out against the vibrant red

runnerfrog13

Re: Skull Candle

It's really hard to tell from the picture, but I fear your entry might have the same problem as Skirochester's One Mans Trash where pencil drawings, even when converted to b&w, can't be printed in one color well, as it looks like it has multiple colors of gray ranging from the dark shadow to the light part of the skull and candle. I could of course be wrong

It was kindof over my head, but here's what he said: http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4235477&pageindex=37&replycount=1564#post4240266

runnerfrog13

collinvh wrote:I believe by "hand drawn" he means "drawn by hand", in other words, without the use of a computer. The derby rules clearly state "Just draw 'em!". They are looking for hand drawn designs

You're being deliberately nit-picky. Most of these entries are done on a computer, there's no way you could GET a one-color entry submitted electronically without work done on it through a computer.

I read hand-drawn and interpret it as not using brushes that imitate cross-hatching, but there were entries in the last cross-hatch derby that used such brushes and so I don't see a problem with it myself.

Unfortunately, looks like those brushes gave the rejectionator the feeling that it was just a photo-filter. Tough luck Lyonscc

runnerfrog13

justinsarahjo wrote:I appreciate this post because I see that it does takes some loyal regulars to get yourself up into the fog. I've been so frustrated with this site for a long time because my shirts i put hours and hours into often get no recognition. Decided I'll spend more time with my family then waste hours of time and sleep focusing on a doomed idea. I'll only participate when it really counts. Anyone else experience this frustration themselves?

I think you missed the point. A mere 30 loyal regulars won't get you into the fog. 50 loyal regulars won't get you into the fog. What it WILL get you, combined with early submission, is early visibility. If you have a good design, early visibility will help get the word out, it may also likely show up near the top of the page before more than 9 entries are submitted, or be in the "recent votes" sidebar after it gets pushed down the page.

Have you considered submitting shirts as dailies? (ie, not in the derby) You may also consider looking into some of the other shirt submission sites, such as threadless or, um, [that one I forgot the same of which starts with an 'S']

Participating in the pre-derby threads can help too, there are always people willing to comment and make suggestions for potential designs, plus you get a little bit of early recognition ("oh hey, he changed X, yeah that was a good move") from people who noticed your design in the thread

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Conqueror

Nice one!

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Conqueror

Nice one!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

rglee129 wrote:Boy, this is great.

Thanks Robbie. That means a lot coming from you.

I drew it with white charcoal on a black paper- lots of sharpening!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: RoboHamlet

This needs to be on a shirt template. You probably still have time to take this down, and resubmit without text on a shirt. If that doesn't work for you, you can submit the fixed version under a new name.

yplandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yplandy
mjc613 wrote:This needs to be on a shirt template. You probably still have time to take this down, and resubmit without text on a shirt. If that doesn't work for you, you can submit the fixed version under a new name.

Mavyn and mjc613, thanks for the feedback!

I removed the text, added the shirt view, and uploaded it as a separate entry.

I couldn't figure out a way to edit this entry, so I join the multi-posting crowd. And that one's probably wrong too.

Thanks again!

rosekirby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosekirby
Re: Knock, Knock... Trick or Treat

I want to wear this shirt as I teach my 2nd grade class on Halloween.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

bzzzzzt

canneryrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canneryrat
Mavyn wrote:I believe the size is 602 x 502...and you can delete the previous entries. There should be a small red X by the upper right corner of the design. Click it, and the entry will go away.

Thanks

canneryrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canneryrat
runnerfrog13 wrote:Yeah, you can delete entries for 24 hours, I would go ahead and delete all previous ones

Thanks and deleted others

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
ochopika wrote:I agree she looks surprised, lol. Maybe she is? I didn't think that at first, though.

It seemed to me like you were going for a certain style with this design. I don't know what it's called, but I see it in a lot of contemporary illustrations; doll-like girls with round eyes and kind of creepy, vacant expressions. It looks a bit like "the corpse bride" style, but painted instead. Well, hopefully you know what I mean.

I got it!!

scheister77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scheister77
Re: Ragnarok

This is the most epic shirt I've ever seen!

itscarteryo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itscarteryo
Re: Space Age Technology (Black)

AWESOME design/idea! I really wanna buy this.

odeteka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odeteka
Re: Hamadryad

This design is just beyond stunning :O I really hope this wins because despite the fact that I'm not in love with the color, I am completely in love with the design. I can see this being put on stretchers and hung on my wall

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Just A Pocket

You did a great job on this Collin. I'm not a fan of fake pocket shirts but the art is top notch.

tjost

Re: Forever Crossed

This is really beautiful boots

tjost

Re: keep calm and carrion

This is really nicely done orabbit. If this doesn't work you can do a simpler one using the standard carry on layout with a condor instead of a crown love the play on words

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: fairy dust not sissy

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Sorry for your tech probs, but where (except for her arm) is the crosshatching. That was the theme, wasn't it?

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Armed with Tunes

At last! An armadillo! Something a true Texan can connect with!!! Love it!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Ragnarok

I have one complaint, and that's towards the blockiness of the design. The meteors lend a box-like shape to the image and that's not a good thing. Aside from that, it's really cool, and a good choice of color.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

ellerythecelery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellerythecelery
Re: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Just re-encountered this phrase while re-reading one of my favorite scifi/fantasy novels: Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett. Terry Pratchett's insurpassable Captain Sam Vimes of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch answers the question with, "We watch each other." Your shirt design reminds me of this hilarious character, marvelous book, and genius author! Well done, and thanks

areawoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages areawoman

Absolutely awesome!!

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
Re: She is so koi

This is really cool!

mlutz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlutz3
Re: PANDALYMPICS

Great design! I think it's too bad for this design that no text is allowed in this derby.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: Just A Pocket

it's an awesome linework

kharmazero

Re: BLUE TURTLE

beautifully done

kharmazero

Re: Nature Owl v2

i would wear it ;-))

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
BootsBoots wrote:It's kind of like sexing a hamster. You can only tell if you look really close, or if one of them starts popping out babies.

Oh, it means DETERMINING the sex. That makes more sense. And is less disturbing.

belhambone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belhambone

The spider in the corner should be holding out a tiny candy bag as well!

AppiusTheMagicTurtle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AppiusTheMagicTurtle

My girlfriend loves owls. she will be getting one.

Also, is that Dwight Schrute?

phisher654

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phisher654
artulo wrote:I've got this weird obsession with old keys.

I dig the key thing. I like old doors...

phisher654

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phisher654
Mavyn wrote:This is so well done.

Love the shirt, hate the color

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: click b click a click n click a click n click a

Fantastic art, great expression, lots of movement. Love it! Also, want it. Totally getting my vote.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
kylemittskus wrote:These comments are absurd. The lack of a second wing was an obvious flaw. If the wings were decaying, then fine. Maybe have part of a wing there or something. But there wasn't a wing at all and defending that fact is senseless.

I fully endorse this comment.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

samanthastroud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud

hahahahaha hilariously awaesome GMV!

roserael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roserael
Re: Fuzzy shadow of death!

*gasp* It's Bun-bun... Ka-Click!