bluejester


quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester
Re: food - movie - tech - slogan



This would be great to wear to Ironman 3 this summer. Got my vote as always Walmazan.

baybei


quality posts: 48 Private Messages baybei
Re: food - movie - tech - slogan




Love the iron-banana!! Hoping it prints, cause I have to have this!

cdrewlow


quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
flattopfrank wrote:Your artwork/style reminds me of Shag's stuff and I dig it.. gmv



Thank you, sir.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
stancial wrote:Sorry, I can't unsee the hidden Mickey!



Uh?

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Dinosaur-Movie-Fire-Retro



Vote cause I love your monsters One of my fav shirts is "Not Like The Others…"

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
omarfeliciano wrote:Uh?



The windows and door are vaguely like mickey mouse's head, I guess. Kind of a stretch, though, given they aren't in contact with the door.

Some people see Mickey in everything.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dfunk29


quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29
Re: food - movie - tech - slogan



Too bad you couldn't use the banana sticker as his glowing "heart", awesome as always!

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Mavyn wrote:The windows and door are vaguely like mickey mouse's head, I guess. Kind of a stretch, though, given they aren't in contact with the door.

Some people see Mickey in everything.



Thank the gods, for a second there I thought he was talking about Mickey Rourke, lol

bluesplot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluesplot
Re: Cute Music Robot Ghost



You are awesome with robots!!

bluetuba


quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Pop-Culture - Movie - Optical-Illusion - Forest



Yeah, the batman symbol should totally get this rejected. I like it though

cdrewlow


quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
omarfeliciano wrote:Thank the gods, for a second there I thought he was talking about Mickey Rourke, lol



I was thinking Mickey Rooney, because he's hobbit sized.

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
cdrewlow wrote:I was thinking Mickey Rooney, because he's hobbit sized.



I don't see why would you say that...lol

die13lda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages die13lda
Re: Animal Steampunk Robot Forest



I'm not really into steampunk and don't usually vote for them, but this design is just so super awesome. Really nice job.

bluetuba


quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
j5 wrote:
eta: and the verdict is in.




beware1984


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
Mavyn wrote:Yes, I know. But Mogwai is also the specific name of the fictional character in the movie Gremlins. Which means...Well. Big red letters.



Hmm I'm not sure if I understand? The name of the character in Gremlins is "Gizmo" and he is a fictional animal known as "Mogwai". As that word can't be protected under copyright I'm guessing there is some other reason this can't be printed. I specifically used the term Mogwai instead of Gizmo for this reason.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Animals Science Fire Space



I like the style but it bothers me more than it probably should that the gills are outside the helmet.

stingray69


quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
oakenspirit wrote:Donnie Darko?



Whoa. Totally!

fiockthis


quality posts: 7 Private Messages fiockthis
beware1984 wrote:Hmm I'm not sure if I understand? The name of the character in Gremlins is "Gizmo" and he is a fictional animal known as "Mogwai". As that word can't be protected under copyright I'm guessing there is some other reason this can't be printed. I specifically used the term Mogwai instead of Gizmo for this reason.




I agree. Why was this rejected?

This is an AMAZING shirt!

Terrific job, beware1984

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
beware1984 wrote:Hmm I'm not sure if I understand? The name of the character in Gremlins is "Gizmo" and he is a fictional animal known as "Mogwai". As that word can't be protected under copyright I'm guessing there is some other reason this can't be printed. I specifically used the term Mogwai instead of Gizmo for this reason.



you don't think the image itself could be considered a little too close to the (copyrighted) character design from the movie?

mamatolevi


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mamatolevi

LOVE THIS! I want one for each of my kids!

Re: Cute Science Oddball Slogan



nimrond


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Animal Steampunk Robot Forest 2.0



Yeah, I prefer the warmth of the original one as well, though the shiny glass parts are nicely done!

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
omarfeliciano wrote:Thank the gods, for a second there I thought he was talking about Mickey Rourke, lol



If I hadn't watched Wreckit Ralph on BluRay and paused it, I wouldn't have known. They talk about the 'hidden Mickey', or apparent 'accidental' images in many movies that look like the Mickey Mouse silhouette.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jfsiv


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
taternuggets wrote:Let me tell you why this is a bad idea. Most people will vote for their favorite... so you are basically competing with yourself for votes. You split your votes 3 ways, you'll go nowhere.

Personally, I like the purple.



Wait?0_o?
I thought only
First place gets pick by votes,
Second place gets pick by the editor, and
Third place gets pick by a guest editor.

lonemvrck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lonemvrck
Re: food - movie - tech - slogan



How COOL! Who needs the other Iron Man when you got this one :]. It is a clever idea.

crimson8985


quality posts: 0 Private Messages crimson8985

artguyaaron


quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
auduni wrote:I absolutely adore this design! It cracks me up every time I come back to this site!


thanks, glad I could bring a smile

cdrewlow


quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
stingray69 wrote:I like the style but it bothers me more than it probably should that the gills are outside the helmet.



Great, now it bothers me, too.

cdrewlow


quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
omarfeliciano wrote:I don't see why would you say that...lol



haha! Nicely done.

kevlar51


quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Animals-Science-Fire-Slogan



Thanks very much for the kind words and support on this everyone!

brockart


quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Water Science Pun History



BWAhhhh ha ha ha ha!

lotsofgoats


quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

Most apologetic Rejectionatoring ever.

FlyingMouse365


quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

lyonscc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
randomwordz321 wrote:It looks like some of the text is getting covered up by the butterfly and the take spacing looks a little strange, like you'd put it into place and then added the butterfly and then never evaluated it again.



Actually, I spaced it out that way on purpose when I mocked it up, though I see what you're suggesting - I won't have time in this derby, but I think I will take a lot of the suggestions that have been made and submit a new design in some future derby.

Thank you all for your comments/suggestions!

lyonscc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
lawngnome wrote:I want to vote for this so much, but the FPWA not being FWPA hurts me so much.
Guess complaining about the typo is a First World Problem though.



Well, that's embarrassing!

I know it's too late now, but in the off chance this should get an Honorable Mention, I'll correct that in the Print-Ready file.

Thanks!

haker85


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haker85
Re: Sci-Fi Robot Movie Slogan


Rejected?! Is it the font or the ATAT that got this rejected?

brockart


quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: scifi-science-robot-space



This is Epic. I wish his eyes could glow in the dark!

ctoc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctoc
Re: Dinosaur Science Robot Slogan



They may be cooler, but definitely 100% scarier. Awesome collab!

ctoc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctoc
Re: Wrong Robots!(Pop culture-movie-robot-space)



Amazing job on expressing emotion through just the eyes. Super pro!

ctoc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctoc
Re: Animal Steampunk Robot Forest



One word:

AMAZING.