ThatPoshGirl

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ThatPoshGirl
Re: You Got Monologue'd!

This sort of creeps me out. The text looks like ants.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
kylemittskus wrote:There is a typo on your pill bottle. It's "midsummer night's dreams," not "midsummer's night dreams."

Dang. Thanks.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: The Tragic Story of Romeouse and Julirat

Awwwwww...this makes me too sad ;_;. I always love your work, Walmazan, but this hits a little too close to home for me.

Great illustration though, your skills and style are always a joy to see. :D

wallyrit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wallyrit
kylemittskus wrote:I voted. I love it. But I may not buy one. I'm cocnerned it's too feminine for a dude.

Agreed. It would take a real man to wear this shirt. One confident in his machismo.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Know your bard.

There is a typo in your shirt, unfortunately. "During the English Renaissance, a 'Moor' was a term used to refer to dark-skinned people in general." The article "a" before "Moor" denotes singularity, but you follow it with a plural, "people." Either remove "a" or say "a dark-skinned person." Without that change, I cannot, as a good literature major, support this shirt.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
D3lusional wrote:I would almost vote for it. But alas the distressing ruins it for me.

You can't expect it to look brand new. It is from 1591 after all.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: less tragedy, less side effects

Typo corrected. Thanks for voting.

mighty7sd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mighty7sd
Re: 2B or not 2B...

Shakespeare's Hamlet for electrical/computer engineers and hobbyists. Simple devices made of an OR gate and an inverter it is literally 2B OR not(2B) = ?. That is the question.

arknightmour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arknightmour
Re: Rest in peace

The Tombstone is back says Ophelia Loved Mother And Wife.

This is incorrect. Ophelia is neither Mother nor Wife. Gertrude was Hamlet's Mother

karamon101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karamon101
goatcane wrote:...there are others, but this should come in handy for someone in 10th grade Literature:

antony banquo brutus caesar cassius claudius cleopatra cordelia cornwall desdemona duncan edmund emilia eros gertrude gloucester goneril hamlet hector juliet julius laertes lear macbeth mercutio ophelia oswald othello paris polonius regan roderigo romeo siward titinius

Very Clever. I like the design and all the names... And yes, there is more, but minor characters don't count. They are like the red shirts, sometimes have a name sometimes don't, either way they are doomed to die.

GMV

I'm the root of all that's evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

gogododo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gogododo
vorteks wrote:The old English here strikes me as wrong. I think even in the bard's day, "Thee" would be "Me" in this sentence (assuming that's what you meant to say). "Thee" refers to the person you're speaking to, so this shirt reads "Do you know yourself?", which I'm guessing isn't what you meant....

Apologies if I'm wrong.

i'm not up with my olde english but the text is suppose to be the skull asking 'do you know me'....

although i kind like the philosophical angle you present with 'do you know yourself'

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
thatrobert wrote:Thanks Andy! You've had some very nice successes along with me. I'm really enjoying experimenting lately -- wish I had a chance to do it more than just once/week!

Not sure, I like it without them at all and just the writing tools lined up but if you need them maybe put them behind the ojects, that velo style trancparency is throwing me a bit. Great job though

goatcane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goatcane
karamon101 wrote:Very Clever. I like the design and all the names... And yes, there is more, but minor characters don't count. They are like the red shirts, sometimes have a name sometimes don't, either way they are doomed to die.

GMV

Lol @ Red Shirts... You're absolutely right.

karamon101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karamon101
jewelwing wrote:They carry the things lovers need. Like poison.

WOW! This one is fantastic. Shakepearian in design, yet you wouldn't know it unless you remember High School English. I love the distressed look and the design is very beautiful and something Shakespear would have designed him self. GMV

I'm the root of all that's evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

http://www.chronique.com/Library/Knights/crispen.htm

Link to the speech if you're interested.

I loved it, and I hope you do too. ;D

Shakespeare for the win!

Would you kindly...

kylemittskus

Re: The Poet's Weapons

I'm not sure how this shirt is Shakespeare-inspired. It's just writing-inspired.

No one would look that this shirt and say, "Oh, Shakespeare."

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

I LOVE this. Simple, super wearable, and excellently done!

therabbit86ed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages therabbit86ed

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=43367

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio
Re: To Be or Not To Be

to be AND not to be may be more accurate here ;)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: King of infinite space

Thanks for the comments so far everyone! I'll have limited access to a computer for a few days so I might not respond right away, but I'm glad people are liking it so far!

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: A Horse! (resub)

Sorry, I took the first one down because I noticed a typo in the shirt comp caption. Doh!

If you liked it before, please vote again. Thanks!

olio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olio
mighty7sd wrote:Shakespeare's Hamlet for electrical/computer engineers and hobbyists. Simple devices made of an OR gate and an inverter it is literally 2B OR not(2B) = ?. That is the question.

1 (or hi). that is the answer ;)

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: William and Company

I just love the mood you've set in this!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

tjost wrote:Not sure, I like it without them at all and just the writing tools lined up but if you need them maybe put them behind the ojects, that velo style trancparency is throwing me a bit. Great job though

Thanks! I'll experiment some more and see if anything grabs me more than this.

kylemittskus wrote:I'm not sure how this shirt is Shakespeare-inspired. It's just writing-inspired.

No one would look that this shirt and say, "Oh, Shakespeare."

Well, I decided to go "classy" with my title at the last minute -- it was originally going to be "2B or not 2B". You'll notice the pencil is marked "2B" -- so the idea is that you're either using that pencil or something else. You can probably see why I changed the name!

missmissa07 wrote:I LOVE this. Simple, super wearable, and excellently done!

Thank you missmiss!

spilzer

Re: A Horse! (resub)

Okay, third time's the charm right?

Anyway, please vote once more if you like it.

Thanks!

bassanimation

Re: Verona Apothecary

This is wonderfully simple, and very pretty! Also a very clever nudge to comedy...or tragedy? Nice work, Jewelwing!

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily

Love it - but it's on white. With the iron in my water, I cannot do white. Sigh...

spilzer

I have to say I think I like the thumbnail better than the full shirt (it really caught my eye!)

Still it's a very nice design, clean and good colors. Great job!

Chessiesmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chessiesmom

This is one of my favorite Shakespeare speeches. Thanks for doing it so tastefully!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 2B or not 2B...

A similar shirt is already available
http://www.cafepress.com/+womens_light_tshirt,425942203

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily

LOVE IT - GMV. Just wish it had 'Killing Characters since 1589' on the shirt as well. That line cracked me up!

roofdiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roofdiver

Way cool!!! Great job!

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
Chessiesmom wrote:This is one of my favorite Shakespeare speeches. Thanks for doing it so tastefully!

No problem!

Thank you for liking it! ^ -^! Have a nice day! :D

Would you kindly...

ringod30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringod30
mighty7sd wrote:Shakespeare's Hamlet for electrical/computer engineers and hobbyists. Simple devices made of an OR gate and an inverter it is literally 2B OR not(2B) = ?. That is the question.

This was stolen from a Tanga.com puzzle

bassanimation

karamon101 wrote:WOW! This one is fantastic. Shakepearian in design, yet you wouldn't know it unless you remember High School English. I love the distressed look and the design is very beautiful and something Shakespear would have designed him self. GMV

Hahaha, we were talking last night about high school English class. The last time I read or saw an actual S'peare play was back then, you know, when dinosaurs with pink bangs and hammer pants roamed the earth. (ok not that long ago)

kylemittskus

Azurett wrote:This is really neat, but they might consider it off topic; you can't really tell it's about Shakespeare from looking at the shirt. If I were you, I would resubmit right away, and not risk getting rejected and then running out of time.

I completely disagree. I don't like the shirt, but it is inspired by a Shakespearian sonnet. It's abstract, but certainly what they asked for.

capitalsown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
Re: William and Company

Does anybody find it a little racist that Othello has a fro?
(psst I'm kidding. but still.)

bassanimation

Re: To be, or not to be?

Excellent illustration work, Patrick! The color combo is a little unpleasing to me (maybe too close to actual bone and blood), but color is one of those things that is hard to pin down with everyone. Also, I think it stands really well without the text. I understand the reasoning for it though. Some people may not get the imagery.

I always dig your skills :D

phrozt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phrozt
Re: Know your bard.

Nice idea. Not exactly your typical artsy woot shirt, but I think anyone would get a lot of attention wearing one around.

bassanimation

Re: King of infinite space

I would buy this shirt right now. In fact, I think I'll just print out the comp and pin it to my chest... -struts around happily-

I LOVE this Jasneko, it is adroablex90000. My Cute Resist HP is drained!!