renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
bassanimation wrote:Thank you to everyone for your support on this one. I could not talk much about my intentions with this design for obvious reasons. ^^;

When my commission arrives from Woot, I plan to donate the entire amount. I can post the email receipt in this thread after the donation is made . Please post and share the shirt's link! This design will not be featured in the Reckoning, so it's up to us Wooters to network it as much as we can. The more sales, the bigger the amount I can give. :D

Also thank you, Funimation and Woot, for making this possible! :D I hope "Mirai" inspires others to look to the future with strength and hope .

The question is, since this is a special occasion, yet the shirt still printed on Friday... Did Bassanimation(Shawna) run around yelling in her underwear when this was announced?

Congrats Bass! Almost seems perfect for the occasion, the contest, the company's choice, and the contribution to Japan. Don't know if any other design would have been able to accomplish as much at once.

The only complaint I have is, since Woot is getting $15 per shirt which wasn't going to be printed, and Shawna is donating her $2 per shirt, I feel that Woot should donate something to the cause as well. I guess indirectly they are, by allowing this to print, but still not the same.

Oh well, a $15 donation here gives $2 to Japan, and you get an awesome shirt too. Even if woot said the $5 extra is what went to the cause. $2 from Shawna and $3 from Woot.

Not to bring the cause and shirt down though. So Congrats Bass! And you are an awesome person for doing this! (If it places top 3 does it get to stay in the reckoning? ;))

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

just saw this... dunno why i didn't notice the sidebar b4. congrats bassanimation!

it is a nice thing you're doing with the donation, too.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
no1 wrote:just saw this... dunno why i didn't notice the sidebar b4. congrats bassanimation!

it is a nice thing you're doing with the donation, too.

ditto!

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12

bought one!

mystymaples

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mystymaples

Bought! Can't wait to get it... I'm gonna need Woot rehab soon. But this is a beautiful shirt and it's for a good cause. Shared on FB

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

WHOA!!! Super awesomeness! Congrats Ms. Bassanimation!!!

Mordiceius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mordiceius

So glad this was picked! This was my favorite shirt from the derby!

• 29 woot.com (9 bouncing orange cats)
  • 47 shirt.woot.com

quailbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quailbert

Shirt is awesome. bassanimation is awesome. Your donation sealed the deal for me. Picked one up.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
bassanimation wrote:Thank you to everyone for your support on this one. I could not talk much about my intentions with this design for obvious reasons. ^^;

When my commission arrives from Woot, I plan to donate the entire amount. I can post the email receipt in this thread after the donation is made . Please post and share the shirt's link! This design will not be featured in the Reckoning, so it's up to us Wooters to network it as much as we can. The more sales, the bigger the amount I can give. :D

Also thank you, Funimation and Woot, for making this possible! :D I hope "Mirai" inspires others to look to the future with strength and hope .

As hard of a time as I gave you in the derby thread, I should give you some proper respect for putting your money where your mouth is.

Now, if woot would do the same thing with their profits..........

emailsteven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emailsteven

Totally awesome on your part, Bassanimation! Mirai!

thegambler311

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thegambler311

Bassanimation--thank you very much for your kind donation.

Woot--very very bad form. You're profiting off of a major disaster. You are advertising that purchases will be helping Japan relief. Yes they will, but only because Bassanimation is donating her commission. None of that money is coming out of your funds. So everytime someone buys a shirt to help Japan, Woot is making more money and not giving a dime to the relief effort.

That's unbelievably messed up.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Big congrats bassanimation! , again .. beautiful design and well deserved , much respect for your decition of donating the money.

best (o;

boosi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages boosi
thegambler311 wrote:Bassanimation--thank you very much for your kind donation.

Woot--very very bad form. You're profiting off of a major disaster. You are advertising that purchases will be helping Japan relief. Yes they will, but only because Bassanimation is donating her commission. None of that money is coming out of your funds. So everytime someone buys a shirt to help Japan, Woot is making more money and not giving a dime to the relief effort.

That's unbelievably messed up.

I agree with you 100%. This might be my last purchase from Woot.

The least Woot should do is match the total donatation from Bass.

Geez, this really sucks Woot.

( Bass, you will be blessed for your gesture of kindness. )

d(-_-)b

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Thank you everyone for your support so far!

I would also like to clarify a few things. The Funimation derby was not meant to be a tribute or charity derby. I alone made my shirt a dedication to Japan, so I was fully prepared to take on the charity aspect on my own.

Secondly, the Funimation pick was -not- supposed to print at all, but Shirt.Woot made a very special effort to make the shirt available for a short time. Without their decision to do so, I would have not had the opportunity to donate this money. They've really done an amazing job!

Lastly, I would like to ask if those who have blogs or other sites they post to, please share the link for this shirt! As I said, 100% of what I receive from the sales will be donated. Also if you don't like the shirt but you'd still like to make a donation, you can pledge a min amt of $10 (the cost of a daily Woot shirt) to the Red Cross below. ^_^

Thanks again, Shirt.Woot staff and Wooters! <3

Donate to American Red Cross.org for Japan Tsunami

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

You know what would be great? To hear that Woot's giving their proceeds from this shirt to the the Red Cross efforts too. You know it makes sense.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
boosi wrote:I agree with you 100%. This might be my last purchase from Woot.

The least Woot should do is match the total donatation from Bass.

Geez, this really sucks Woot.

( Bass, you will be blessed for your gesture of kindness. )

Yes! Woot should match!
Match!
Match!
Match!

(P.S. Thanks, Bass.)

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
bassanimation wrote:
I would also like to clarify a few things. The Funimation derby was not meant to be a tribute or charity derby. I alone made my shirt a dedication to Japan, so I was fully prepared to take on the charity aspect on my own.

Secondly, the Funimation pick was -not- supposed to print at all, but Shirt.Woot made a very special effort to make the shirt available for a short time. Without their decision to do so, I would have not had the opportunity to donate this money. They've really done an amazing job!

The issue here is that by Woot "going out of their way" to print this, it seems like they did to take advantage of/profit from the situation. Did they print this solely because the artist is donating money to Red Cross? Or because they thought it'd be a cool idea to sell some more shirts/make more money?

I hate to be that guy, but Woot doesn't really have to go out of their way to print shirts. That is what they do. They will still be making an extra $13 a shirt here minus cost to produce for every shirt sold.

I understand that this derby/contest was in no way meant for charity and woot has no obligation to do so, and they have given you the opportunity to donate by printing, but they have also given themselves an opportunity to profit too. Woot technically gives every artist who wins an opportunity to donate their earnings, if they choose to.

Woot also throws links/jabs in the write up and announcement page to "do something good" and donate to Red Cross. It's just in poor taste, IMO.

Anyways, that's my last take on that. I'm definitely not trying to take away from sales on this at all. It's a great shirt, and a great thing that Bass is doing!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

I wish it was going to be around longer, since I don't get paid til friday

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Be a man, help Japan. It's not funny, they need money. After the quake, it's time to wake. You got bling, do this thing. If you care, do your share. We say so, you must know. Come on Woot, give a hoot.

cjfred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjfred

Kudos to Bass, both for the wonderful design and for generously donating her portion to the Japanese relief effort. I'd like to add my voice to the growing number of people who are asking Woot to do the right thing and also donate at least a portion of its proceeds.

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate that Woot agreed to print the design at all. But at $15 each rather than $10, Woot is already making extra profit on these shirts, so it wouldn't be losing money if it donated $2 or $3 per shirt. The donation would not only help people who desperately need it, but also be a great public relations move. Come on, Woot guys, do it! You know you want to.

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

How many of these sold? It looks like it is still for sale even though they said sales end Sunday.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Rhonwyn22 wrote:How many of these sold? It looks like it is still for sale even though they said sales end Sunday.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Yay, 518 shirts sold! The donation amount will be the full commission I receive, which is $2 per sale. This print was a special case, so the standard $1k win was waived. Woot usually sends checks around mid month of the following print month(so April for me). I will post a receipt of donation here for you, as it was your purchases that made it possible.

Thanks again, Woot and Funimation!

nekodoken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekodoken

OH NO I MISSED IT....
this is what happens when i neglect to check woot
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!

princesselondra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princesselondra

Found this shirt on my birthday and bought it as a gift to myself

LOVE the design and I've worn it several times since it arrived :D

I also loved that you were donating the proceeds for relief in Japan - such an awesome idea and a great homage and encouragement

Zoomalude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zoomalude

Le sigh.. I bought this shirt while I was losing weight and now I need a smaller size. I'd totally buy another if I could.. Ah well.

scifiak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scifiak

Please, Please, Please, bring this shirt back to the "All Designs" store on shirt.woot.

There are sooooo many people that missed it and really wanted to get one.